Fat News Anchor Whines About Being Called Fat, Is Celebrated

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Re: Fat News Anchor Whines About Being Called Fat, Is Celebr

Post by D.Turtle »

Havok wrote:The issue to me isn't man/woman, it's fat. Being overweight is BAD it is bad for your health, physically and mentally, it causes society to have to change for something it shouldn't have to, it adds to our medical burdens.
While I agree with this, I also have to agree with the problem that pointing this out is vastly more likely to happen with women than with men.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

Havok wrote:And newsflash dickweed, I didn't say she was a role model. Why don't you try reading what I wrote before jumping in with both inept halves of your brain.
What the flying fuck are you talking about? You posted exactly this twice:
Havok wrote:The fact that she took a stand shows she thinks she is a role model and that is someone that people in her community look up to, so maybe she should take into consideration what the letter says.
Havok wrote:Sorry society doesn't work the way you want it to Chity, but for the most part 'TV Personality=Role model'. News anchors even more so because they are trusted.
Unless you want to rely on your wiggle-room hilarity of "she thinks" and "for the most part."
I said that she clearly views herself as someone people listen to as she took the time to do what she did in the name of something. She obviously considers herself a role-model and that the reality is that people in general consider TV personalities role models.
I already posted one of her comments. I'll do so again:
Livingston wrote:I think [the obesity talk is] a good conversation to have. I think his approach is totally inappropriate. I have never gone in public and said I am the shining example of what your health should be ... My job is to come out, cover stories, deliver the news ... when you attack somebody on a level that is personal, it's not fair. I don't care that I'm in the public eye, it's not fair. ...
But this is all her, rather than the network using a personal incident WRT one of their own as a jumping-off point during a month dedicated to stopping bullying. I'm sure no one else at the network thought it was a good idea, she just threatened to eat them if they disagreed. It's a good thing you're an expert at determining people's motivations, which are completely irrelevant anyway. Oh yea, and "many people" consider reality TV stars role-models. We have a name for those people: idiots.
spaceviking wrote:I think it is worth noting that the very fact that she was able to go on camera and bash the letter writer is a sign of fat acceptance. Was the writer being a douche bag? Probably. However, if we replace seen on television being fat with seen in public smoking, she would be going on camera to apologize for her behavior.
You spineless weenies remind me of all the "think of the children" parents that lost their shit when some hot teacher made ends meet by hosting "bikini" fishing trips during her off-time. They touted the same "role-models" bullshit you people seem to jerk off to. Raise your own fucking kids and let teachers teach and news people read the fucking news. I also love how saying "calling the overweight terrible people who shouldn't be on TV is not acceptable" is somehow "fat acceptance" even when the reporter said specifically she's not claiming obesity is OK. But by all means, keep attacking your psychic predictions of her motivations rather than posting anything relevant.
Jub wrote:You insult a man, he deals with your directly or he ignores it; you insult a woman and all of a sudden her whole clique is henpecking you.
Oh shit, this one is comedy gold. I read this from my phone to my wife. She's still laughing.

Also, guys talking about how easy it is to lose weight: good. for. fucking. you. I've watched my wife struggle with eating better, going to the gym, and also deal with her hormonal battles all in preparation for our wedding/honeymoon this winter. Meanwhile, I look down, say "you need to slim down a bit fatty," cut out the fries on my fast-food and jump on the bike for 30 minutes a day and weight just starts falling off. It's got to be massively demoralizing to not only be judged more harshly for being overweight, but also have nature fuck you over as well by making it harder to lose said weight.
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

TheFeniX wrote:
spaceviking wrote:I think it is worth noting that the very fact that she was able to go on camera and bash the letter writer is a sign of fat acceptance. Was the writer being a douche bag? Probably. However, if we replace seen on television being fat with seen in public smoking, she would be going on camera to apologize for her behavior.
You spineless weenies remind me of all the "think of the children" parents that lost their shit when some hot teacher made ends meet by hosting "bikini" fishing trips during her off-time. They touted the same "role-models" bullshit you people seem to jerk off to. Raise your own fucking kids and let teachers teach and news people read the fucking news. I also love how saying "calling the overweight terrible people who shouldn't be on TV is not acceptable" is somehow "fat acceptance" even when the reporter said specifically she's not claiming obesity is OK. But by all means, keep attacking your psychic predictions of her motivations rather than posting anything relevant.
Fuck you, what I am saying is that the fact that this is called bullying is because it is about her being fat. If it were a less accepted personal flaw she would not have been able to call it bullying. Did I say that she should be treated as a role model? I am pointing out that many of the same people who applaud her for taking this stand would be bashing her if it was smoking. I don't think public figures should be judged beyond their ability to do their jobs, but whether someone is considered a role model by the general public seems to depends on the personal flaw one is being condemned for.
Jub
Sith Marauder

Post by Jub »

Havok wrote:Don't be a sexist douche Jub. I mean, obviously too late, but at least try. Fucking idiot.

The issue to me isn't man/woman, it's fat. Being overweight is BAD it is bad for your health, physically and mentally, it causes society to have to change for something it shouldn't have to, it adds to our medical burdens.

People are fat for only a few reasons, medical, lazy or overeating. Outside of the medical issues, which can range from a fucked up ankle to completely psychological issues, the other two are life choices that you have to actively maintain to stay fat.

Am I going to punch someone in the face if they give me shit about being fat? Yes. At the end of the day do I know it is 100% my fault? Absolutely.
Havok, if this same message was sent to a male news anchor do you think this would have made the news as an anti-bullying story? I don't, the anchor, should he haven choosen to even acknowledge it publicly, probably would have called the asshole who sent it to him out on air and been done with it.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

TheFeniX wrote:
Havok wrote:And newsflash dickweed, I didn't say she was a role model. Why don't you try reading what I wrote before jumping in with both inept halves of your brain.
What the flying fuck are you talking about? You posted exactly this twice:
Havok wrote:The fact that she took a stand shows she thinks she is a role model and that is someone that people in her community look up to, so maybe she should take into consideration what the letter says.
Havok wrote:Sorry society doesn't work the way you want it to Chity, but for the most part 'TV Personality=Role model'. News anchors even more so because they are trusted.
Unless you want to rely on your wiggle-room hilarity of "she thinks" and "for the most part."
Wiggle room?

Quote #1 I say she clearly thinks she is a role model.
Quote #2 I say society in general views TV personalities as role models.

So, you dishonest fuck, show where I said she was a role model or that I think she is a role model. Show it now or concede.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Jub wrote:
Havok wrote:Don't be a sexist douche Jub. I mean, obviously too late, but at least try. Fucking idiot.

The issue to me isn't man/woman, it's fat. Being overweight is BAD it is bad for your health, physically and mentally, it causes society to have to change for something it shouldn't have to, it adds to our medical burdens.

People are fat for only a few reasons, medical, lazy or overeating. Outside of the medical issues, which can range from a fucked up ankle to completely psychological issues, the other two are life choices that you have to actively maintain to stay fat.

Am I going to punch someone in the face if they give me shit about being fat? Yes. At the end of the day do I know it is 100% my fault? Absolutely.
Havok, if this same message was sent to a male news anchor do you think this would have made the news as an anti-bullying story? I don't, the anchor, should he haven choosen to even acknowledge it publicly, probably would have called the asshole who sent it to him out on air and been done with it.
Even if I agreed with you, which I fucking don't, that doesn't mean you aren't being a sexist douche. "Oh a man would handle it like a man, not like a whiny woman." Shut the fuck up.

And if the male newscaster in your scenario presented it as bullying, then yes, that is exactly how it would have made the news. Again the issue to me is being fat and whether or not it was bullying, not your simple minded "well if it were a man hur hur" view.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Scrib
Jedi Knight

Post by Scrib »

Apparently she came out with her husband and started talking about a thyroid condition. Jesus. Just tell him to go fuck himself and move on.
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Quote #2 I say society in general views TV personalities as role models.

So, you dishonest fuck, show where I said she was a role model....
Are you braindead?
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Acknowledging that I know how society in general feels about TV personalities does not mean that I feel that way you idiot.

It would be like me saying society in general views cars as a primary means of transportation. Does that mean that I also view it that way? Got it now sport?

I mean do you understand the difference in speaking in generalizations and speaking about a specific individual? Apparently not.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

It doesn't matter if you personally don't feel that way if you're saying that society in general does, because the entire debate is on whether people view her as a role model and it is thus okay to criticize her for being overweight on TV. This isn't about whether one person in Oakland is okay with it.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Wait, are you guys concerned people are going to watch her and start gorging on fried chicken and doughnuts? Does that actually happen?
:D
Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

Spyder wrote:Wait, are you guys concerned people are going to watch her and start gorging on fried chicken and doughnuts? Does that actually happen?
No. This thread is simply a platform for certain people to "rationally" discuss why they hate fat women, disguised as concern for THE CHILDREN. No one is going to see a random large anchorwoman delivering the news as a role-model and start over-eating to the point of obesity. There is far much more pressure by TV, movies, and magazines (especially for girls) to be thin and thus attractive. <enter bulimia and/or anorexia>
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Havok wrote:Acknowledging that I know how society in general feels about TV personalities does not mean that I feel that way you idiot.
Communicating poorly and acting smug when people misunderstand you is not being intelligent.

You can't write a post explicitly endorsing a certain viewpoint and expect everyone else to magically read your mind and realize that you don't actually feel that way.
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

spaceviking wrote:I don't think public figures should be judged beyond their ability to do their jobs, but whether someone is considered a role model by the general public seems to depends on the personal flaw one is being condemned for.
Do you have anything on this? The only thing related I've ever read was something about how Lung Cancer is the worst cancer to get because of a few factors such as it not being at the fore-front like breast cancer and also people 100% says it all your fault for smoking, which has to suck for the people who never touched a cigarette to take that kind of judgmental bullshit.
Havok wrote:Sorry society doesn't work the way you want it to Chity, but for the most part 'TV Personality=Role model'.
This sentence has has two separate ideas. You would have been better off saying "society considers TV personalities roles models, but not me." Besides, I've already shown that people don't even trust news anchors all that much. How many people could actually consider them role models? And will you post anything to back this idea up?
Havok wrote:So, you dishonest fuck, show where I said she was a role model or that I think she is a role model. Show it now or concede.
Ah, so you aren't a part of society? Or your "for the most part" excludes yourself? Who else does it exclude? Fat people on TV? Your vague comments allow you to deflect criticism while actually contributing little of substance.

Like I said, wiggle room.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Max wrote:
Spyder wrote:Wait, are you guys concerned people are going to watch her and start gorging on fried chicken and doughnuts? Does that actually happen?
No. This thread is simply a platform for certain people to "rationally" discuss why they hate fat women, disguised as concern for THE CHILDREN.
Prove it or concede right now.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

Flagg wrote:
Max wrote:
No. This thread is simply a platform for certain people to "rationally" discuss why they hate fat women, disguised as concern for THE CHILDREN.
Right after you prove the anchor woman was "whining" and "and being a bully." :luv:
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Max wrote:
Flagg wrote:
Max wrote:
Right after you prove the anchor woman was "whining" and "and being a bully." :luv:
Prove your claim or get the fuck out of the thread.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

Flagg wrote:Prove your claim or get the fuck out of the thread.
Stop being a whiney bully. You're becoming the subject of your own thread.
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

Max wrote:
Flagg wrote:Prove your claim or get the fuck out of the thread.
Stop being a whiney bully. You're becoming the subject of your own thread.
So basically you can't prove your assertions so you troll. OK, the mods can deal with you.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

[Mod mode on]Max, address the point or concede.[Mod mode off]

Oh and Flagg: Even though you were right on this (for once), backseat moderating is frowned upon. Call him out on his BS, write a report if necessary, but don't threaten (mod) action.
Max
Jedi Knight

Post by Max »

I'll concede the point on the grounds that, in my attempt at hyperbole, I worded it slightly wrong. lol
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Nice save, pal! haha BTW are you aware your xbox sig element stopped working about two years ago?

Anyway, someone should send a rude letter to news 'presenters' about how their addiction to fake tans is setting a bad example for people.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Broomstick wrote:Get over yourself - it's clear that the e-mailer is saying that until she's acceptably skinny she shouldn't be seen in public. I don't find fat attractive, but I don't insist fat people keep out of sight, either.

The only way she's "promoting" fat is by daring to be seen in public. Nothing she does in her job says being fat is wonderful or a good choice. Yeah, she's overweight - but most people know that losing weight is difficult for many.
In some peoples idea acceptably skinny is Anorexic. Hell my wife friend is Anorexic and her husband still calls her fat.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!

Post by Flagg »

D.Turtle wrote:[Mod mode on]Max, address the point or concede.[Mod mode off]

Oh and Flagg: Even though you were right on this (for once), backseat moderating is frowned upon. Call him out on his BS, write a report if necessary, but don't threaten (mod) action.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to backseat mod, just basically telling him I wasn't going to engage him further. I'll not word it like that again.
-Negan

Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
-George Bernard Shaw
Kon_El
Jedi Knight

Post by Kon_El »

TheFeniX wrote: The only thing related I've ever read was something about how Lung Cancer is the worst cancer to get because of a few factors such as it not being at the fore-front like breast cancer and also people 100% says it all your fault for smoking, which has to suck for the people who never touched a cigarette to take that kind of judgmental bullshit.
Being fat is very similar. There are many people who are fat that have no control over it due to medical conditions. People who feel the need to belittle a fat person always seem to go straight to "stop eating so much".
But to the person who wrote me that letter, do you think I don't know that? That your cruel words are pointing out something that I don't see? You don't know me."
This is the part that bothers me the most. What possible purpose does it serve to try to make another human feel like a piece of shit?