Crazed naked canibal eating live man's face shot by Miami PD

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Broomstick
Emperor's Hand

Re: Crazed naked canibal eating live man's face shot by Miam

Post by Broomstick »

Did they test him for rabies I wonder?

That might be important for Mr. Poppo to know....
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. Leonard Nimoy.

Now I did a job. I got nothing but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character so let me make this abundantly clear. I do the job. And then I get paid.- Malcolm Reynolds, Captain of Serenity, which sums up my feelings regarding the lawsuit discussed here.

If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. - John F. Kennedy

Sam Vimes Theory of Economic Injustice
Imperial Overlord
Emperor's Hand

Post by Imperial Overlord »

fgalkin wrote:
According to Local10, the former North Miami Beach High School football player was once diagnosed as schizophrenic after an arrest, but authorities are not sure if he ever sought treatment.

This bit here matters. Schizophrenics do not react like ordinary people to using street drugs because their brain chemistry is already off. Cocaine in particular fucks them up big time. Marijuana isn't usually one of the bad ones, but there is a fair amount of variation in drug reaction.
The Excellent Prismatic Spray. For when you absolutely, positively must kill a motherfucker. Accept no substitutions. Contact a magician of the later Aeons for details. Some conditions may apply.
Ziggy Stardust
Sith Devotee

Post by Ziggy Stardust »

Phantasee wrote:Well, so much for marijuana's safety arguments. Valid or not, this is going to be fought up every time legalization or even decriminalization is brought up.
Because one crazy person smoking weed and eating someone completely invalidates the millions of people who smoke and DON'T try to eat people's faces.
Themightytom
Sith Devotee

Post by Themightytom »

Phantasee wrote:Well, so much for marijuana's safety arguments. Valid or not, this is going to be fought up every time legalization or even decriminalization is brought up.
No, because it's entirely possible he was self medicating with marijuana to cope with psychotic urges. The blood tests showed it was in his system, not that he was high when he carried out the attack. that's way too big a hole in the argument for anyone to try using it.

"Since when is "the west" a nation?"-Styphon
"ACORN= Cobra obviously." AMT
This topic is... oh Village Idiot. Carry on then.--Havok
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Doesn't mean they won't try to.

Doesn't mean people won't buy it when they do, either.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Because one crazy person smoking weed and eating someone completely invalidates the millions of people who smoke and DON'T try to eat people's faces.
Well it's not like they tried before for things like violent games and guns. Even in the Army minor things like one solider doing something stupid and the rest of the unit paid the price.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Ziggy Stardust wrote:
Do you think anti-legalization/anti-decrim people care if it's actually valid? It's a gruesome example, very vivid, and likely to be at least a little effective to convince others to support their positions.
XXXI