another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Re: another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Because George Soros is EEEVVVVILLL!!!

And, I don't even know what to say here...
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
kouchpotato
Youngling

Post by kouchpotato »

I'd think batshit insane ultra right wing Christers would be the least likely people to "celebrate" halloween, or would at best be those dicks that give out chick tracts.
Ryushikaze
Jedi Master

Post by Ryushikaze »

The Tea Party is pissing in NPR's candy bucket? What the hell is that supposed to mean?

And what the hell is with the unnecessary word bubble?
At least everything isn't labeled, but seriously, the message makes no sense.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

I am more put off by the fact that at its core the cartoonist seems ok with drawing an adult man exposing himself in front of a child and urinating into his bucket.
Exactly what sort of person thinks a man urinating in a childs bucket is a good idea?

This cartoon could have been better portrayed so many different ways. You could have the man simply slamming the door on the kid, or maybe giving him junk instead of candy, oir you could have him say something like "You won't get anything from me!" All of that would send thesame message.

But nope, evidently having a kid almost getting pissed on is the way to go here!
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

What is the comic even supposed to say? Just a "fuck you" to NPR?
Sinewmire
Padawan Learner

Post by Sinewmire »

Or is it meant to represent NPR as an innocent getting pissed on unfairly by the Tea Party? Is it meant to support left wing or right wing? *scratches head* Whatever it's message this IS a terrible political cartoon as it has no clear message.... does it?
"Our terror has to be indiscriminate, otherwise innocent people will cease to fear"
-Josef Stalin
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

I'm wondering if there's a remote chance the second cartoon is anti teabagger? After all, not even the most imbecilic cartoonist, save for Chuck Asay, would actually depict indecent exposure to minors in a positive light?
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

It is from townhall.com, so no, it is not anti-teabagger.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

LOL yeah, Juan Williams, "Fox News Liberal". The same dickface who said that Michelle Obama = Stokely Carmichael in a dress. Good riddance to that dumbass.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Another in a long line of "LOL Liberals think Everyones Racist!" without realizing much of the GOP Base ARE in fact:
Bible thumping,
Racist,
Bigot,
Homophobes.

I have no idea what the gym comment is, other then saying Liberals are lazy.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Soldier of Entropy
Padawan Learner

Post by Soldier of Entropy »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:I have no idea what the gym comment is, other then saying Liberals are lazy.
It's saying that liberals take what the Tea party says out of context; 'bad fiscal shape' is modified to 'bad...shape'.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Fiscal /= physical.

ITT people don't get it.
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Image
Another in a long line of "LOL Liberals think Everyones Racist!" without realizing much of the GOP Base ARE in fact:
Bible thumping,
Racist,
Bigot,
Homophobes.

I have no idea what the gym comment is, other then saying Liberals are lazy.
Oddly, I would expect the radial, Marxist, hipster to be a gym regular compared to a Tea Party member.
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

The average Tea Partier probably thinks all liberals look like Micheal Moore.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Darksider wrote:The average Tea Partier probably thinks all liberals look like Micheal Moore.
Not too far from the truth. Since the average assumption is all liberals are Lazy do nothing people while its the conservatives who do all the hard work in the country!

Still can't believe the cartoonist was using "Fiscal" to make a lame joke about Liberals being affriad of "physical" work.

Also wanted to add one more:
Except that all packages were discovered and disposed of without anything actually "blowing up" Chalk another one up for blatant strawmanning and distortion.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Yeah take *THAT*, FedEx!
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

Wait, the right wing hates FedEx now? Shouldn't they be raging on the USPS or something?
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
folti78
Padawan Learner

Post by folti78 »

It's got Fed in it's name, so it must be an eeevil fed'rul company, out to take away the honest 'muricans freedom...

Edit: yes, I know it's easier to make a wordplay referring explosives with FedEx than the USPS.
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

I suppose the thought process might've looked something like that, though it's kinda scary.

BTW, what is this cartoon about? I heard about the mass bomb-mailings, but those were in Europe and had nothing to do with Islamic terrorists...
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
folti78
Padawan Learner

Post by folti78 »

PeZook wrote:I suppose the thought process might've looked something like that, though it's kinda scary.

BTW, what is this cartoon about? I heard about the mass bomb-mailings, but those were in Europe and had nothing to do with Islamic terrorists...
Last week there were a big hoohaw about some parcels containing bombs sent into the US by FedEx and UPS cargo planes from Yemen. Reuters, Der Spiegel
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

While we all KNOW that the far right have NO intention of compromise whatsoever, it is telling for people to come right out like this to say it.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Image
While we all KNOW that the far right have NO intention of compromise whatsoever, it is telling for people to come right out like this to say it.
Other than you not liking the content, how is this a "Terrible Political Cartoon"?

Or have you finally got to the point where you don't hide your Republican = Terrible mindset?
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

It is a terrible cartoon because it shows the traditional democrat colour = promises, whereas the traditional GOP colour = Compromise. Which the elephant is not allowed to pick up because a Pelosi-drawn housewife forbids him to.

In essence, it is saying that it is the fault of the Democrats that there is no compromise, which is just that much of a reversal of facts that I am not sure how anybody can even see it as any different.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

If the cartoon had an image of a Democrat doing the same I would still post it here.
The point is most politicians (especially on the Left) talk about compromise and give lip service to it. But to out and out say "We shall not compromise" puts into stark contrast how out of touch Republicans are with any semblance of trying to accomplish anything.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Thanas wrote:It is a terrible cartoon because it shows the traditional democrat colour = promises, whereas the traditional GOP colour = Compromise. Which the elephant is not allowed to pick up because a Pelosi-drawn housewife forbids him to.

In essence, it is saying that it is the fault of the Democrats that there is no compromise, which is just that much of a reversal of facts that I am not sure how anybody can even see it as any different.
That's really stretching the comic there. The colors part is reading way to much into the comic. And I'd love to know what you are smoking if you think that's Pelosi. Look at the wall behind her.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev