More foot in mouth syndrome for Angle

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

More foot in mouth syndrome for Angle

Post by General Zod »

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... ian-to-me-
Carrie Dann writes: Nevada Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle has already found herself in hot water for saying that she's not sure whether or not one of her ads, which contains an unmistakable image of three Latino men, actually depicts Latinos.

Her unusual identification of various racial characteristics may extend further, per new video posted by Nevada political journalist Jon Ralston.

Speaking to a group of Hispanic students, Angle said that she was unsure of their ethnic backgrounds.

"I don't know that all of you are Latino. Some of you look a little more Asian to me," she said. "I don't know that."

Angle made the remarks to the Hispanic Student Union at Rancho High School in Las Vegas.

"What we know, what we know about ourselves is that we are a melting pot in this country," Angle continued. "My grandchildren are evidence of that. I'm evidence of that. I've been called the first Asian legislator in our Nevada State Assembly."

Angle, who served in the statehouse between 1998 and 2006, was best known for frequently being the only "no" vote among the 42-member assembly on otherwise unanimous agreements.

The basis for the "first Asian legislator" comment? Ralston writes on his blog: "I have no idea what she is talking about."
It's a minor gaffe if anything, but still pretty hilarious all the same.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."