(OP/ED) Marijuana legalization may damage Canadian economy

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Re: (OP/ED) Marijuana legalization may damage Canadian econo

Post by Phantasee »

Yeah, that's the same as what I was saying. I refer more to the demographics of these generations. The Lost Generation were reduced because of wwi, resulting in smaller echoes in the silent and x generations. The boomers and their resulting children in gen Y are more numerous. This is seen in sociology and marketing especially, as it was realized genx wasn't really worth marketing to as much as they were earlier, since genY and the boomers were so much more numerous.
XXXI
Razorgeist
Youngling

Post by Razorgeist »

No Im all for legalizing marijuana but how would California be able to legalize it without the federal government coming down on them. Last I checked it was still illegal on a federal level?
"You have to believe in God before you can say there are things that man was not meant to know.
I don't think there's anything man wasn't meant to know. There are just some stupid things that people shouldn't do." - David Cronenberg

"Doesn't Rush Limbaugh remind you of one of those gay guys that like to lie in a tub while other guys pee on him?" - Bill Hicks
Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

We've managed fairly well with the present decriminalized-for-people-who-get-a-physician-reference, and *that* was supposedly going to mean Armageddon...

...I think it would be more of the same.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Razorgeist wrote:No Im all for legalizing marijuana but how would California be able to legalize it without the federal government coming down on them. Last I checked it was still illegal on a federal level?
Just like everywhere else that's "legalized" it. The police make it their lowest priority to enforce, and unless they see you smoking on a street corner or growing dozens of plants in your front yard you'll probably be left alone.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."