another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Re: another round of TERRIBLE POLITICAL CARTOONS

Post by The Spartan »

It's just something they're trying to harp on. Remember, Bush was skewered for his public speaking skills and rightly so, but he's a Republican so that's just not acceptable, oh hey look B. Hussein Osama uses a teleprompter! He sucks at public speaking. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I switched perspectives in the middle of that; see if you can spot where. :wink:
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

I only know of a handful of public speakers that don't use teleprompters and most of those use written notes instead!

Abraham Lincoln used notes when giving the Gettysburg Address!!!!
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

WHile this cartoon is Devoid of WHAT is being scapegoated, or what is used to do the Scapegoating. The Implication seems to be that this isn't Obama's Katrina anymore, but his 9/11, though I could be wrong.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
PeZook
Emperor's Hand

Post by PeZook »

It would make more sense if journalists really didn't care what he said, which is patently untrue.
JULY 20TH 1969 - The day the entire world was looking up

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.
- NEIL ARMSTRONG, MISSION COMMANDER, APOLLO 11

Signature dedicated to the greatest achievement of mankind.

MILDLY DERANGED PHYSICIST does not mind BREAKING the SOUND BARRIER, because it is INSURED. - Simon_Jester considering the problems of hypersonic flight for Team L.A.M.E.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Although once again, with the "My Pet Scapegoat" cartoon, we see post-event the admission that Nero fiddled while Rome burned W. Bush dithered while people burned.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Coyote wrote:Although once again, with the "My Pet Scapegoat" cartoon, we see post-event the admission that Nero fiddled while Rome burned W. Bush dithered while people burned.
Which is one of the most agonizing aspects of how the Republicans operate. They go out of their way to compare Democrats/Obama to "Bad things" such as Katrina, 9/11, the Iraq War, the current economic crisis. YET they will never admit that Republicans/Bush had a hand in said bad things.

So you constantly get people saying "The Oil spill is Obamas Katrina! it will Ruin him!"
And if you then ask "So does that mean Bush was ruined by Katrina?" you will get a bunch of comments about the Liberal Media and unfairly blaming Bush for something he had no control over... But it's TOTALLY makes sense to use it in reference to current events.

Likewise 9/11, they will use it as a great Disastor to compare to Obama, but in No way ever concede that Bush in Co made things worse.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Alphawolf55
Jedi Knight

Post by Alphawolf55 »

Anguirus wrote:Hasn't every president used a teleprompter since, well, they were invented? We have reached the point in our society where ability to memorize lines is not a key trait in a national leader.

Also, which of their right-wing darlings actually writes his/her own speeches? Any? Hell, Sarah Palin doesn't even read. :P

Bush funny enough tried to not use one several times, he would try to remember the whole speech from the top of his head.

It showed.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

And of course, St. Reagan the Blessed (Hallowed be His Name) made a lifetime using scripts and, I believe, a teleprompter.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

To be honest I don't remember seeing teleprompters in previous Presidential addresses. Maybe it's just his stage set up now?
XXXI
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Perhaps Obama prefers this kind of unit over the in camera or podium type as it lets him look at the audience more naturally while he speaks.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
eion
Jedi Master

Post by eion »

Every President since Regan has used the "smoked glass" dual teleprompter setup.

And every time they're speaking in front of teleprompter, they've probably got a copy of the speech in a binder on the podium. There's no harm in giving your guy a few extra places to find the speech. For any major speech they'll have practiced it before hand, and the teleprompter is just that, a prompt in case they forget their place. It's a poor public speaker who reads off the teleprompter.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

I would like to think this stands on its own in terms of being "TERRIBLE". However the Reagan worship should come as a surprise to no one.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Post by Pulp Hero »

Who is that, Carter? (Serious question. I really can't tell.)
I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Pulp Hero wrote:Who is that, Carter? (Serious question. I really can't tell.)
Yeah thats Carter, the rights favorite whipping boy in terms of "Horrible Liberal President"
Since Reagan, who they consider GOD, came in by but pushing Carter out, they often like to bring him up to mock or to compare to some current Liberal to make a point of "He's as bad as Carter!"
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Yeah, Carter is our "low-water mark" for bad, ineffective, mushy-spined liberal Presidents. :roll: While in retrospect I feel he's been somewhat unfairly judged, the truth is he was naive about foreign policy and just did not seem to catch on that foreign competitors were playing hardball. And he really just could not project an image of leadership that gave people a sense of confidence in what was a hard time for the USA.

Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

Coyote wrote:Yeah, Carter is our "low-water mark" for bad, ineffective, mushy-spined liberal Presidents. :roll: While in retrospect I feel he's been somewhat unfairly judged, the truth is he was naive about foreign policy and just did not seem to catch on that foreign competitors were playing hardball. And he really just could not project an image of leadership that gave people a sense of confidence in what was a hard time for the USA.
It's been often postulated, and this isn't my expression, that "Carter was a far better man than President." But, honestly, his foreign policy decisions obfuscate a lot of good domestic choices. He had what would have been an outstanding energy policy were it not for the Conservative Tide, with the exception of his call for more coal. He was also, to this day, one of our most forward-leaning presidents on gay rights.

Also, and I know this is far more prevalent than just this cartoon, the idea of Lincoln, one of our most liberal presidents, being portrayed as a conservative is hysterical.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Tanasinn
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tanasinn »

It's physically repulsive to watch the barely-human shit-folk that constitute the Republican party of today claim Lincoln as one of their own.
Truth fears no trial.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

I think they just do it to frustrate the Liberals. Lincoln, were he to come back to life today and see the Republican party for what it has become, would cry in shame.

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

Lincoln was a fightin' man. He'd shoot the motherfuckers!
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Dark Hellion wrote:Lincoln was a fightin' man. He'd shoot the motherfuckers!

and just imagine what TR would do to them, beat them with his big stick after knee capping them with an elephant gun...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

I haven't done this in a while, but the rights obsession with Obama and the oil spill right now is something that one comic at a time really can't convey. So I am doing a 'weekly round up' of what I feel to be some of the most eye rolling and hand banging comics for the week.

Also I have some honorable mentions, We have this from Mike Lester
Which I file under the "Blatant Lies" aspect of terrible cartoons mainly because I am pretty sure Obama has nothing to do with processing "BP" claim checks...

And finally this one:
For as far as I can tell implying that investigating the Oil Spill is somehow slowing down Americas Economy?
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

That Glenn McCoy one is apparently implying that oil spills are no problem at all as long as they occur on dry land.

Yeah, sure. Cynic though I am, the cavalier attitude that many, if not most, people hold about poisoning the environment and slaughtering whole species by the thousand never fails to astound me.
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Anguirus wrote:That Glenn McCoy one is apparently implying that oil spills are no problem at all as long as they occur on dry land.

Yeah, sure. Cynic though I am, the cavalier attitude that many, if not most, people hold about poisoning the environment and slaughtering whole species by the thousand never fails to astound me.

Actually that retard seems to be claiming that spills don't occur on dry land, which is a blatant lie. Of course I'm sure that until there is a huge disastrous on-land spill it will be impossible for one to happen. Shit like this is why I'm so dubious about nuclear power. Yeah, I know and agree with the pro-arguments, but you still have the money-motive and looking at the in comparison minuscule safety measures BP refused to take with their rigs, I can't help but wonder if the nuke companies will do the same.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Anguirus
Sith Marauder

Post by Anguirus »

^ My only reason for being pro-nuclear is it has the best track record of all the energy options that are actually ready to go NOW.

Of course companies will be greedy, cost-cutting chumps, but that's why I'm in favor of heavy government regulation in this arena. Really, I kind of wish that energy was not in the hands of corporations, but it's not like that's going to change.
"I spit on metaphysics, sir."

"I pity the woman you marry." -Liberty

This is the guy they want to use to win over "young people?" Are they completely daft? I'd rather vote for a pile of shit than a Jesus freak social regressive.
Here's hoping that his political career goes down in flames and, hopefully, a hilarious gay sex scandal.
-Tanasinn
You can't expect sodomy to ruin every conservative politician in this country. -Battlehymn Republic
My blog, please check out and comment! http://decepticylon.blogspot.com
Alphawolf55
Jedi Knight

Post by Alphawolf55 »

The Yosemite Bear wrote:
Dark Hellion wrote:Lincoln was a fightin' man. He'd shoot the motherfuckers!

and just imagine what TR would do to them, beat them with his big stick after knee capping them with an elephant gun...
Na, TR would be far more clever then that. He'd pretend to be all cozy with the Republicans and they'd pretend to still be his faithful companions. He'd start inventing them on hunting trips and hiking expeditions and because none of these guys have TR's badass qualities would slowly die on each of these trips.