Jesus Loves Osama! (and I'm a d-bag)

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Jesus Loves Osama! (and I'm a d-bag)

Post by weemadando »

According to the Baptist church in Australia [url=http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21 ... .htmlJesus Loves Osama[/url]. This news has a lot of people very irate. So I thought I'd inflame the matter by sending a letter to the editor about it:
People are up in arms because they don't think that Jesus would approve of Osama Bin Laden? Jesus, our Lord and Saviour who preached violence over peace (Matthew 10:34), who said that any city that did not accept his preachings should be destroyed and the inhabitants eternally tormented in hell (Matthew 11:21, Mark 6:11, Luke 10:10). The kind Lamb of God who calls for non-believers to be killed before him, in the name of God (Luke 19:22). Surely people should just understand that all Osama is doing is the work of Jesus, in bringing non-believers before the throne of God/Allah/Jehovah for judgement. He's just doing it a bit more effectively of late than the Christians who are reduced to the occasional murder of doctors and scientists for involvement in family planning, or stem cell research. Prayer will only carry you so far my Christian brothers, God wants, nay - demands blood, and you've got a lot of catching up to do if you want to join Osama at the Lord's side in Heaven.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

If that actually gets published, I'll eat my hat.
GeneralTacticus
Jedi Knight

Post by GeneralTacticus »

Who did you send it to?
"The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken.

"This was evil manifest."

- Terry "Not a fantasy author, honest" Goodkind, bringing unintentional comedy to a bookshop near you since 1994.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

The Mercury. Though I may extend my net to other papers...
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Stofsk wrote:If that actually gets published, I'll eat my hat.
So will I. Of course if he wrote something that inflammatory but just right wing orientated you can bet my local paper would publish it. Too bad there just aren't any major left wing newspapers in Perth.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
NeoGoomba
Sith Devotee

Post by NeoGoomba »

That last sentence had me rolling. And all I could think of was "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"

Please let us know of any sort of response that gets
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know...tomorrow."
-Agent Kay