Homophobia kills toddler

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

21 years old? I'm betting that a simply total lack of common sense and judgment and a total inability to deal with a baby was at fault, at the minimal that's equal with any crazed homophobia. Some people just cannot deal with a baby.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Zero132132 wrote:LotA always seems to assume the worst... hmm...

This abuse doesn't appear to have anything to do with homophobia at all. Does anybody honestly believe that the man beat his 3-year old to death because he believed the kid had homosexual tendencies? Isn't it MUCH more reasonable to assume that the father was just an abusive fuck?
The father may very well have been abusive, but without enough information
it would be leaping to a conclusion to say that he was abusive all around.
So far all the evidence that we really have is that he beat his son to death
because he was afraid his son was gay. Given some of the shit that goes on
in the south, I'd be more than inclined to believe it.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Zero132132 wrote:This abuse doesn't appear to have anything to do with homophobia at all. Does anybody honestly believe that the man beat his 3-year old to death because he believed the kid had homosexual tendencies? Isn't it MUCH more reasonable to assume that the father was just an abusive fuck?
It sounds to me (and this is obviously just speculation) that he was afraid that the boy might turn out gay and was attempting to "toughen him up" so that he wouldn't. It would probably be an embarrassment to him if his son was gay. I think that he thought that because the boy was crying or wetting himself, i.e. behaving like a toddler, that he might not be tough enough or some other such macho guy bullshit.

He was still an abusive fuck, but he had extra motivation to be brutal in his mind.
That NOS Guy wrote:To add to insult, how could the mother allow this skullfuckery to continue?

Give her a criminal negligence chage to boot!
Read the OT a little closer.
The Article wrote:was charged with felony child neglect and faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Zero
Jedi Council Member
Location: Trying to find the divide between real memories and false ones.

Post by Zero »

Do you honestly believe that such abuse wouldn't have arisen unless the dad was afraid his kid was gay? I'll give you one simple piece of evidence... THE KID WAS THREE! How many homosexual traits do YOU see three year olds showing? At the very best, his homophobia is an excuse for being an abusive ass hole. It's obvious that he's abusive because his wife kept it quiet, for one, and for the second, HE KILLED HIS FUCKING KID! Seems simple enough for me, but LotA is one to overstate certain things. After all, he's saying anybody who voted for Bush is bigoted and stupid.
So long, and thanks for all the fish
Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

Zero132132 wrote:Do you honestly believe that such abuse wouldn't have arisen unless the dad was afraid his kid was gay? I'll give you one simple piece of evidence... THE KID WAS THREE! How many homosexual traits do YOU see three year olds showing?
You seem to think that homophobic people can make the distinction between sexual desires and gay stereotypical attributes such as effeminacy or "being weak", which the article said the father accused his son of.
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

Zero132132 wrote:Do you honestly believe that such abuse wouldn't have arisen unless the dad was afraid his kid was gay? I'll give you one simple piece of evidence... THE KID WAS THREE! How many homosexual traits do YOU see three year olds showing? At the very best, his homophobia is an excuse for being an abusive ass hole. It's obvious that he's abusive because his wife kept it quiet, for one, and for the second, HE KILLED HIS FUCKING KID! Seems simple enough for me, but LotA is one to overstate certain things.
Homophobia is the reason given in the story; we have no reason to believe otherwise. As far as "homosexual traits" go, to a homophobe that could be anything. Mabye the kid liked kittens more than puppies.
Why does this seem so unbelievable to you ? Homophobia is still a largely acceptable type of bigotry is the U.S.; over the years I've even seen parents in interviews say they'd prefer their kids to be dead rather than gay.
Zero
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zero »

LotA, can you show me any trend of homophobic parents being more likely to kill their children? Does that trend still exist if you take away people who have a history of being abusive douchebags in other areas of life?

I reject the notion that homophobia is the reason this kid died because his father was obviously abusive, and homophobics aren't always abusive. Abusive people are always abusive, though, and any scapegoat is good enough for them. An abusive nature seems to be more likely to me.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Zero132132 wrote:Do you honestly believe that such abuse wouldn't have arisen unless the dad was afraid his kid was gay? I'll give you one simple piece of evidence... THE KID WAS THREE! How many homosexual traits do YOU see three year olds showing? At the very best, his homophobia is an excuse for being an abusive ass hole. It's obvious that he's abusive because his wife kept it quiet, for one, and for the second, HE KILLED HIS FUCKING KID! Seems simple enough for me, but LotA is one to overstate certain things. After all, he's saying anybody who voted for Bush is bigoted and stupid.
Small tip. It took place IN THE SOUTH. Places in the south, especially the rural south, have a tendency to produce incredibly homophobic people. If the father was mentally unstable, or simply a vocal bigot, it wouldn't be that unreasonable to assume he was beating the kid out of fear of him being gay. Unless you'd care to produce some other evidence that the father had a history of abuse, you're grasping at straws.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Lord of the Abyss
Village Idiot

Post by Lord of the Abyss »

Zero132132 wrote:LotA, can you show me any trend of homophobic parents being more likely to kill their children? Does that trend still exist if you take away people who have a history of being abusive douchebags in other areas of life?

I reject the notion that homophobia is the reason this kid died because his father was obviously abusive, and homophobics aren't always abusive. Abusive people are always abusive, though, and any scapegoat is good enough for them. An abusive nature seems to be more likely to me.
:wtf: Are you saying you want a cite proving that bigoted, hateful people are more likely to be abusive ? I have no cite, because it never occured to me to look for a cite for common sense. Hate = violence is basic human nature. Look at the KKK. Look at Nazi Germany. Bigots are brutal people.

And why the hell are you such an apologist for violent homophobia ? We have no reason but your blather to doubt that the motive was bigotry; you seem unwilling to accept that homophobes can be nasty people.
Zero
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zero »

A simple reason is quite apparent. Most homophobes haven't killed their three year old children, and abusive people tend to find scapegoats for their actions. But of course, if you want to continue on your rants about how much the south sucks, and why, continue.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Zero132132 wrote:A simple reason is quite apparent. Most homophobes haven't killed their three year old children, and abusive people tend to find scapegoats for their actions. But of course, if you want to continue on your rants about how much the south sucks, and why, continue.

So the fact that many homophobes have beaten and killed gay people for amusement isn't enough evidence that homophobes can be violent and are
willing to kill or seriously maim people for their bigotry, isn't enough evidence that homophobes can be violent? :roll:
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I'm reasonably sure that the asshole will enjoy the rapes and beatings he'll recieve in prison.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Plekhanov
Sith Marauder

Post by Plekhanov »

Zero132132 wrote:LotA always seems to assume the worst... hmm...
You may be right however in this case he isn’t assuming anything (about the fathers motivation that is) it’s right there in black and white in the article, why don’t you try reading it.
This abuse doesn't appear to have anything to do with homophobia at all. Does anybody honestly believe that the man beat his 3-year old to death because he believed the kid had homosexual tendencies? Isn't it MUCH more reasonable to assume that the father was just an abusive fuck?
We aren't assuming anything you moron we read quotes stating that homophobia was his motivation in the fucking article
the article wrote: Ronnie Paris Jr. went on trial for his own life this week in a Tampa courtroom. The toddler's mother, Nysheerah Paris, testified that her husband thought the boy might be gay and would force him to box.

Nysheerah Paris told the court that Paris would make the boy fight with him, slapping the child in the head until he cried or wet himself.
She said that on one occasion Paris slammed the child against a wall because he was vomiting.
The kids mother thinks he did it because of fears his kid might be gay, as does the kids aunt:
the article wrote:He was trying to teach him how to fight,'' Nysheerah Paris' sister, Shanita Powell told the court. "He was concerned that the child might be gay.''
why do you think you know what motivated this degenerate fuck better than his wife and sister in law?
Zero132132 wrote:Do you honestly believe that such abuse wouldn't have arisen unless the dad was afraid his kid was gay? I'll give you one simple piece of evidence... THE KID WAS THREE! How many homosexual traits do YOU see three year olds showing?
Well maybe the kid cried a lot and liked to cuddle soft toys, behaviour which many people regard as effeminate and akin to homosexuality. Don’t believe me? Then please explain why a friend of mines mother keeps on taking dolls off her grandson (who is 3 by the way) because and I quote “they will make him gay”.
At the very best, his homophobia is an excuse for being an abusive ass hole. It's obvious that he's abusive because his wife kept it quiet, for one, and for the second, HE KILLED HIS FUCKING KID!
Why do you refuse to accept the perfectly reasonable conclusion that he was abusive to the child because he feared he might be gay and needed to toughen him up?
Zero132132 wrote:LotA, can you show me any trend of homophobic parents being more likely to kill their children? Does that trend still exist if you take away people who have a history of being abusive douchebags in other areas of life?
Why must there be a trend for what may be an isolated case to have happened? Things don’t always have to be part of large scale easily measurable social trends you know.
I reject the notion that homophobia is the reason this kid died because his father was obviously abusive, and homophobics aren't always abusive.
Just because “homophobics aren't always abusive” it doesn’t mean that they never are or that their homophobia isn’t the motive for their abuse. Ever heard of Matthew Sheppard link would you like to explain to me how he wasn’t a victim of homophobia?
Abusive people are always abusive,
Seeing as they wouldn’t be described as abusive otherwise that’s neither surprising nor an argument now is it :roll:
though, and any scapegoat is good enough for them. An abusive nature seems to be more likely to me.
More likely to you on what grounds? What evidence or reasoning do you have to back up your risible position?
Zero132132 wrote:A simple reason is quite apparent. Most homophobes haven't killed their three year old children, and abusive people tend to find scapegoats for their actions. But of course, if you want to continue on your rants about how much the south sucks, and why, continue.
And most racist haven’t lynched any blacks does this mean that no racists ever lynched any blacks?

Zereo…. I find it just astonishing that in you first post in this thread you had the gall accused another of assuming things because whereas his positions are based upon evidence found in the article in the op of this thread. In contrast your “argument” (I’m being very charitable there) has absolutely no evidence nor any actual reasoning to it, in short it is you who is doing the assuming here and you’re making a very bad job of it.
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Lord of the Abyss wrote:
I haven't voted for a person in my life; I alway vote against.
Wow. That's exactly my voting philosophy, vote for the guy that pisses me off less. Cynical, I know.

Any way back to the article, I would like to know how the fuck this man concluded his son might be gay. The primary characteristic of being gay, ie attraction to the same gender won't manifest at age 3. So its likely he found some other characteristic which he associates with being gay, as people have suggested, maybe he seemed effeminate.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Yeah, he thinks his son is gay for having stuffed animals? Shit, I had at least as many stuffed animals as my sister did.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

Lord of the Abyss wrote:
Kamakazie Sith wrote:Do you really believe that this family acts this way because they voted for Bush? Do you believe that this is a good example of how american family values are suppose to be?
I'm saying that the fact that this state supported Bush implies a general atmosphere of bigotry and/or ignorance, whether or not these people voted for Bush. And in my experience, "family values" is right wing code for reactionary bigotry.
I voted for Bush, does that mean I hate niggers, spicks and chinks? Fuck you asshole. You and the stupid horse you rode the fuck in on. No wonder I don't come into N&P any more then I have to. This sounds more like uneducated drugged out morons then anything else. The mother and the sister obviously thought there was nothing wrong. No telling how fucked up childhood and thier own adolescent life has been. I'm not saying it makes the guy right. He needs to be dragged quartered and shot on live TV, but if you think this is some regular life style your just fucking ignorant.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
tharkûn
Tireless defender of wealthy businessmen

Post by tharkûn »

The question is was the "kid might be gay excuse" a causal motivation or just a post hoc justification? Would he have beaten his kid even if he didn't question the sexual preference of a friggen three year old? In general I'd suspect that such asshats beat first and make a BS justification later. There is nothing in the article to choose between chicken and egg, certainly anyone who hasn't the brain cells to think boxing a three year old isn't all that bad can't be trusted to get primary motivations straight.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Durandal wrote:Wonder if the prosecution is seeking the death penalty. I can't imagine too many cases it would be better-suited for.
Read the article, specifically the first line. It says he's on trial for his life. That's a big honkin' yes to your question.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
White Haven
Sith Acolyte

Post by White Haven »

'capital murder' is a good hint, too.
Chronological Incontinence: Time warps around the poster. The thread topic winks out of existence and reappears in 1d10 posts.

Out of Context Theatre, this week starring Darth Nostril.
-'If you really want to fuck with these idiots tell them that there is a vaccine for chemtrails.'

Fiction!: The Final War (Bolo/Lovecraft) (Ch 7 9/15/11), Living (D&D, Complete)Image
Dillon
Rabid Monkey

Post by Dillon »

Jesus fucking Christ. And I thought my faith in humanity in general was already low. :x
wolveraptor
Sith Marauder

Post by wolveraptor »

tharkûn wrote:The question is was the "kid might be gay excuse" a causal motivation or just a post hoc justification? Would he have beaten his kid even if he didn't question the sexual preference of a friggen three year old? In general I'd suspect that such asshats beat first and make a BS justification later. There is nothing in the article to choose between chicken and egg, certainly anyone who hasn't the brain cells to think boxing a three year old isn't all that bad can't be trusted to get primary motivations straight.
I somehow doubt this guy would've killed his kid at this age if he "showed signs of being straight". Of course, that assumes some bare minimum of affection for the child, so I could be mistaken.
"If one needed proof that a guitar was more than wood and string, that a song was more than notes and words, and that a man could be more than a name and a few faded pictures, then Robert Johnson’s recordings were all one could ask for."

- Herb Bowie, Reason to Rock
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

tharkûn wrote:The question is was the "kid might be gay excuse" a causal motivation or just a post hoc justification? Would he have beaten his kid even if he didn't question the sexual preference of a friggen three year old? In general I'd suspect that such asshats beat first and make a BS justification later. There is nothing in the article to choose between chicken and egg, certainly anyone who hasn't the brain cells to think boxing a three year old isn't all that bad can't be trusted to get primary motivations straight.
Bigots aren't known for being very rational. Whether or not homophobia is the cause is a bit moot. If it was his reason for beating his child, then he's a bigoted fuck who has no compuncture hitting kids if he thinks they're gay.

If it was a post hoc justification, then he's still a bigot as he seems to think
it somehow justifies the reason he beat his kid, and still makes him out to be a homophobe.
Zero
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zero »

General Zod wrote:
Bigots aren't known for being very rational. Whether or not homophobia is the cause is a bit moot. If it was his reason for beating his child, then he's a bigoted fuck who has no compuncture hitting kids if he thinks they're gay.

If it was a post hoc justification, then he's still a bigot as he seems to think
it somehow justifies the reason he beat his kid, and still makes him out to be a homophobe.
The reason that it may matter whether homophobia actually caused him to kill his 3 year old kid (still sounds insane to me, but homophobia itself is irrational, I suppose) is that it may give the impression that if one could stop homophobia, he may also cut down on child abuse. To me, it makes more sense to fight child abuse when trying to fight child abuse, hence my statements above.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Zero132132 wrote:
The reason that it may matter whether homophobia actually caused him to kill his 3 year old kid (still sounds insane to me, but homophobia itself is irrational, I suppose) is that it may give the impression that if one could stop homophobia, he may also cut down on child abuse. To me, it makes more sense to fight child abuse when trying to fight child abuse, hence my statements above.
Homophobia will never be completely stomped out, unfortunately, and it's never the only reason for child abuse. Usually the reasons can be as simple as ultra conservative religious beliefs or simply the parents being idiots.

But the fact remains that the idiot's a homophobe who used his homophobia as justification for the beatings.
tharkûn
Tireless defender of wealthy businessmen

Post by tharkûn »

I somehow doubt this guy would've killed his kid at this age if he "showed signs of being straight". Of course, that assumes some bare minimum of affection for the child, so I could be mistaken.
And what the hell would those be? It is not like we haven't had jackasses who have beaten their kids to death because they cry, wet the bed, or get sick. Some people are simply violent degenerate morons, the BS justification is completely immaterial.

GZ:

From a legal standpoint the first scenario is a hate crime and fun legal crap can ensue, the second actually isn't (assuming the guy has compotent attornies). If the real reason he beat the kid was say that the kid wouldn't stop crying then it is just regular old murder; well regular capital murder, this is Texas after all. This type of crap is why I have heavy doubts about the utility of hate crimes laws.
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.