DC 9/11: Time of Crisis

N&P: Discuss governments, nations, politics and recent related news here.

Moderators: Alyrium Denryle, Edi, K. A. Pital

Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

DC 9/11: Time of Crisis

Post by Bob McDob »

Has anyone seen this movie? As I understand, it's a TV movie released last year about George W. Bush and September 11th. However, the thing that caught my eye was that it stars Timothy Bottoms in the title roll, reprising his role from "That's My Bush".

Guess someone was impressed by his portrayal of "Georgie".
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

In related news, I utterly suck at making thread titles.

Should have done '"That's my Bush": 9/11 style"
Jade Falcon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Jade Falcon »

I haven't seen any such film, but I hear an anti-Bush film is, or has been made by Rupert Murdochs group, could this be the same film?
Don't Move you're surrounded by Armed Bastards - Gene Hunt's attempt at Diplomacy

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own - Number 6

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.
Bob McDob
Rabid Monkey

Post by Bob McDob »

Doubt it - reviews place it rather firmly in the pro-Bush camp (rather ironic, all things considered).

Apparently Bottoms also played Bush in a Crocodile Hunter movie. Seems that'll be the defining role of his career.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I have. It's not Anti Bush at all. It even includes a scene where Bush puts his foot down when Cheney makes the suggestion he should be head of the emergency committee or whatever they were planning. He said something along the lines of "I'm the President/Commander-in-Chief." or whatever.

Was for sure pro-Bush. If it was at all anti-Bush then I must not've been paying any attention.

And, IIRC, I don't think it showed any scenes from 9/11. The closest they got was Rumsfeld in his office feeling the impact.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight