Mandalorians vs Jem'Hadar

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Mandalorians vs Jem'Hadar

Post by Cpt_Frank »

How about a fight between our precious Jedi killers from Mandalore against the genetically engineered servants of the Founders?
GreenZXZ

This is unfair

Post by GreenZXZ »

Well, under what situation can this fight take place? After AOTC, I think it's fair to say that Mandaloran armor will be a decisive factor here, but the Jem'Hadar might win if they outnumber the Mandalorans ten to one in an inclosed space. In such case the relatively slower Mandaloran rate of fire will allow a large Jem'Hadar force superior firepower, while also removing much of the utility of the jetpack.

A more fair fight would be between battle droids and Jem'Hadar/Borg.
Cpt_Frank

Droid Army vs Jem'Hadar

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Well, right, it's a bit unfair. Didn't think that well about the topic.
But well, why not argue about Droids vs Jem'Hadar?
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Depends on whos droids we are using
Trade Federation?
Empire?
Republic?
Specials(IE Good old Assins Droids IG-88 and the like)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Ok, we're using a standard Trade Federation droid army from the AotC era here.
This will include large numbers of standard battle droids, shield-protected Droideka destroyer droids, super battle droids, droid starfighters, those repulsorlift-tanks (can't remember the name), and STAPs.
I imagine the following scenario:
While the TradeFed battlefreighter is shooting the crap out of the Dominion fleet, the droid army is sent down to the planet to conquer, lets say, a major Jem'Hadar cloning facility intact, so that the techniques the Dominion uses for cloning and such can be researched.
Additionaly, we assume the control ship won't be destroyed, and that neither party will be able to get support from the starships in the orbit, since they're busy with fighting each other.
The Jem'Hadar's forces will probably consist of a large frotified base, including mines, barbed wire and such, with a numerical advantage of
2:1 for the Trade Fed since they're the attackers.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Hmm that would be a intresting fight

Depends on currant fortifactions and the simple fact Bots don't give a damn so to speak :)

Atilitry Bombs the walls from afar and wades through the fire till they get in a rip the Jem'Hadar apart

I think the battle would be extremtly costly for the Jem'Hadar by the simple fact its a base no room for the massive Atilliry that the Driods could bring to bear

I imagin this as sort of like USSR Army and Doctrinen Era 1976 VS a German Army and Doctrin same time Period

Simple mass fire attacks would win till they got to the walls then its anybodys guess

Factors we don't know

Defense Fortifactions needed to be smashed First?
AOE Weapons the Jem'Hadar have?
Shield Strength?
Cability of taking them intact(IE Jem'Hadar don't simply blow the base or smash and wipe the computers)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Hmm, perhaps I'm gonna make up a more detailed plan of the
base in question and the forces used by both fractions. This battle could in fact be more fun than other SW-ST fights since ST isn't extremely outmatched in this one.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

The Jem' Hadar would lose. They might be good soldiers, but that doesn't matter when the other side has personal shields and better weapons.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

David wrote:The Jem' Hadar would lose. They might be good soldiers, but that doesn't matter when the other side has personal shields and better weapons.

Good Soldiers? LOL! They go yelling around battlecries, rushed right into a choke point, and ran into a minefield and didn't retreat
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Typhonis 1

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Frell what to keep the Trade Federation from dusting the Jem`Hdar with nerve gas???after all it doesnt affect droids PERIOD.also some droids could be proped INTO the facillity to createa bit of mayhem >BTW they are called Armored Assault tanks and are piloted by battle drods and if this is AOTC era then the TF may have moddified the droids to where blowing up the control ship wont stop em, "those who fail to learn histories mistakes are doomed to repeat them"[/quote]
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Wouldn't the Mandalorians be more equipped no no....no not equipped but be much better than the droids because I thought Battle Droids were thought ineffective in combat.

-----
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Naah, they're not Super-Soldiers, but they are a cheap and effective alternative if you don't have a huge resource from which you can draw recruits (millions of member worlds, for example).
Supermod
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Cpt_Frank wrote:Ok, we're using a standard Trade Federation droid army from the AotC era here.
This will include large numbers of standard battle droids, shield-protected Droideka destroyer droids, super battle droids, droid starfighters, those repulsorlift-tanks (can't remember the name), and STAPs.
I imagine the following scenario:
While the TradeFed battlefreighter is shooting the crap out of the Dominion fleet, the droid army is sent down to the planet to conquer, lets say, a major Jem'Hadar cloning facility intact, so that the techniques the Dominion uses for cloning and such can be researched.
Additionaly, we assume the control ship won't be destroyed, and that neither party will be able to get support from the starships in the orbit, since they're busy with fighting each other.
The Jem'Hadar's forces will probably consist of a large frotified base, including mines, barbed wire and such, with a numerical advantage of
2:1 for the Trade Fed since they're the attackers.
I know this might sound a bit silly, but what's stopping the Jems from beaming the Droids into orbit in groups of 10 or so? They might not be able to get at the ones in the AAT's due to the armours thickness, but there's been no sign of the Droids ever deploying ECM and the droids are hardly the brightest tools in the box are they.
:)
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

:shock: Ok then, a little ammendment:
The TradeFed ship of course deploys heavy jamming equipment so that no one on the planet will be able to beam around.
Supermod
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:
David wrote:The Jem' Hadar would lose. They might be good soldiers, but that doesn't matter when the other side has personal shields and better weapons.

Good Soldiers? LOL! They go yelling around battlecries, rushed right into a choke point, and ran into a minefield and didn't retreat
And whose mines were they? Fucking bunch of Numpties.

The Houdini Mine, perhaps the worst designed "terror" weapon ever. Let me ask everyone this, what would terrify and lower your morale more? A mine that once in a while pops out of nowhere and kills one person at a time... or a Mortar team sat on a hill in the distance having a party, listening to some music and once in a while dropping mortar bombs on you whenever they want whereever they want and killing your men in large groups, plus anytime you try to assault their position a dug in enemy holds you in place whilst the Mortar team gets down to some serious bombing of your now exposed men?

Just add some WP mortar bombs and watch as the Feds come screaming out of the cave and flail around in agony.
:twisted:
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Cpt_Frank wrote::shock: Ok then, a little ammendment:
The TradeFed ship of course deploys heavy jamming equipment so that no one on the planet will be able to beam around.
Bugger!
:D