Rather simplistic analysis, but he gets the point...

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Rather simplistic analysis, but he gets the point...

Post by Rogue 9 »

The Empire rules Sci-Fi. This'd be about the last guy I'd think would be into sci-fi versus. Oh well, learn something new every day. :wink:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

allright seems fun to read, ill give it a try :lol:
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

For what it's worth, he's wrong about the MIB universe. While the MIB themselves can't do much, the Arquelians did have a planet killer of some sort which was implied to be able to destroy a world, and certainly the tesseracted galaxy would suggest that it could, and if the intro to MIB two is to be taken at face value, that diddy ship had about half a dozen different planet destroyers crammed into it. :)
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

i like his description of the Enterprise :)
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

I like this guys line of reasoning. He may not be familiar with the versus debates but his reasoning is good.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
aten_vs_ra
Padawan Learner

Post by aten_vs_ra »

I like his idea that Garibaldi will end up a used starfighter dealer. :lol:
Jin Wicked wrote:Was bloody Scrooge McDuck a goth, too? Did he ever write bad poetry in his basement with the Monopoly Guy?

"Go directly to jail. Do not pass 'Go'. Do not collect two hundred dollars."
"Life is pain."
-------Crap I Drew on my Lunch Break
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

Not to mention his vision about Clinton :lol:
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

ROTFLMAO!!!

Star Destroyer = BIG ASS EVIL DORITO CHIP! :lol:

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!
Darth Phoenix
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Phoenix »

What about the Empire versus the USA? With President Clinton? Heck, Slick Willie would make a deal so fast it would put Lando to shame. I can just see Clinton Chuckling - "Yeah, you can have all the republicans... if I can just have Leia and Mon Mothma together with a box of Cubans..."
ROTFLMAO
-...and the entire room goes silent when one of the stormtroopers points to a stain in Darth Vaders cape. -

There is no peace, there is Anger;
There is no fear, there is Power.
There is no death, there is immortality;
There is no weakness, there is the Dark Side.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

NecronLord wrote:For what it's worth, he's wrong about the MIB universe. While the MIB themselves can't do much, the Arquelians did have a planet killer of some sort which was implied to be able to destroy a world, and certainly the tesseracted galaxy would suggest that it could, and if the intro to MIB two is to be taken at face value, that diddy ship had about half a dozen different planet destroyers crammed into it. :)
But remember, those might have been tiny planets, like the golf ball-sized one in the MIB lab.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

YT300000 wrote:But remember, those might have been tiny planets, like the golf ball-sized one in the MIB lab.
They'd have to be considerably larger than that. Given that the ship visibly orbited a few of them before destroying them.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
The Nomad
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Nomad »

Apparently, someone should tell this guy that SciFi isn't limited to TV :roll: , but has über book-universes as well ( *cough* Culture *cough* Xeelee *cough* :twisted: )...

And aren't Farscape's Peacekeepers rated as near GE-level :? ?
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The Nomad wrote:And aren't Farscape's Peacekeepers rated as near GE-level :? ?
Well, this is really a matter for OSF, but the peacekeepers are a little strange. They seem lacking in direct fire weaponary, (I still stick by Frag Cannons as point defence guns.) but they have faster than light missiles, and some very impressive explosives (Their leftovers made quite an impressive bomb, screenshots of which I can provide if ya want, in Family Ties.). Apparently a command carrier can 'destroy a planet' so at least depopulate. They do talk about being on a galactic scale, (on Katraski) "If the Scarrans loose this base, this part of the galaxy will be lost to them" or some such, but they don't seem to be on the scale of the Galactic Empire.

Certainly far closer than the Federation, and with more credible ground forces.

And there's a number of things on the BBC's sci-fi that would stomp the Empire through the floor (can we say, Vogons? :D )
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

NecronLord wrote:Certainly far closer than the Federation, and with more credible ground forces.
Their ground forces are somewhat idiotic. Of course, I'm referring to the pilot episode, where Crichton was handled by the two dumbest PK soldiers in the entire universe.

PK1: "What this, then?" (referring to Crichton's necklace/"lucky charm")

PK2: "It's a weapon! Give it here!"

PK3: "No, it's mine!"

Too stupid to live...

Of course, then there were the other PK episodes which showed that the PKs were at least competent.

*sigh* I miss that show...
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Meh. For what it's worth, only one of those two was particularly stupid, it was both him playing with the toy, and him who allowed a prisoner to retrieve his (backup) sidearm.
18-Till-I-Die
Emperor's Hand

Post by 18-Till-I-Die »

Question, and forgive me if this is off-topic, but has anyone ever made a list of who could be ass-kicked by the Empire and who could take them on and win? I dont think there has ever been an attempt at a general list.
Kanye West Saves.

Murazor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Murazor »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:Question, and forgive me if this is off-topic, but has anyone ever made a list of who could be ass-kicked by the Empire and who could take them on and win? I dont think there has ever been an attempt at a general list.
Several lists I remember, both here and in Spacebattles. Necronlord himself developed one once.
The Nomad
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Nomad »

NecronLord wrote: And there's a number of things on the BBC's sci-fi that would stomp the Empire through the floor (can we say, Vogons? :D )
Vogon poetry alone could cause a Culture Mind to self-destruct :wink: .
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

18-Till-I-Die wrote:Question, and forgive me if this is off-topic, but has anyone ever made a list of who could be ass-kicked by the Empire and who could take them on and win? I dont think there has ever been an attempt at a general list.
There was once a thread on civilizations that could defeat the Empire once. It is buried somewhere within the depths of the Other SciFi forum.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.