The Empire VS Species 8472

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

The Empire VS Species 8472

Post by Techno_Union »

I have searched and I did not find this topic. Sorry if it has been done before.

Ok, so every 8472 ship that has ever been mentioned in ST (their highest number of ships) VS the highest number of Imperial ship out there. Both side have all the superweapon they have ever had.

Species 8472 have all come from fluidic space, assuming they can get the the SW galaxy from F space. They come on the outskirts such as Tatooine.

Hoe does the Empire respond and what kind of damage will 8472 be able to unleash on the Empire? The tho civilizations do not have full info about each other, meaning they do not know how many ships the other side has.

If there are anymore details needed, then feel free to ask.
Proud member of GALE Force.
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

Hey my first post in ST vs SW discussion.

I wanted to do the same thread, but since i am not so much involved in this "vs" stuff i forgot it fast.

The only thing i wonder is if the ships of 8472 have a higher energy outbut in comparison to their size than e.g. DS1.

8472 just needed 7 small sips to blast a planet of which each ship was defenitly smaller than 1000m.

If a single ship could not beat a ISD or something they just join up to groups of 7 and blast them then.

I doubt an ISD can stand the power that can destroy a planet.
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

Oh sorry ... they need 9 ships for killing a planet.
D.Turtle
Jedi Council Member

Post by D.Turtle »

The thing is that Species 8472 didn't destroy the planets through pure energy (DET) but by some kind of chain reaction (it took a time after the shot was fired until the planet exploded).
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Antares wrote:Oh sorry ... they need 9 ships for killing a planet.
And unless you can prove it was a DET weapon that means exactly dick.
For all we know that process requires less power than my stereo.
From Mike's PlanetKiller page
There was a delay at this point, and then the planet suddenly appeared to explode. This delay is extremely strange; a huge influx of energy cannot simply disappear and then reappear a few seconds later; if it enters the planet's mass, the manifestations should become apparent immediately.
Doesn't sound very DETy to me.
And I can't believe The Imps vs Species 90210 hasn't been done before.
And yes, the stereo part was gross exageration.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

D.Turtle wrote:The thing is that Species 8472 didn't destroy the planets through pure energy (DET) but by some kind of chain reaction (it took a time after the shot was fired until the planet exploded).
Well, but you cannot deny, that the energy output of this combi-shot is orders of magnitudes higher then the "normal" weapon of a bioship.

Just some thoughts in terms of weapons:

ISD >>> any weapon of the federation
Borg > any weapon of the federation
Single bioship > borg
Multiple bioships >> borg

Its just a question of how high the factors between those parties is :)
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Antares wrote: Well, but you cannot deny, that the energy output of this combi-shot is orders of magnitudes higher then the "normal" weapon of a bioship.
Actually, since we have no way to tell the power output of either standard bioships OR the combiship, thanx to having no clue about the damage mechanism, we can NEITHER confirm nor deny.
Just some thoughts in terms of weapons:
ISD >>> any weapon of the federation
Borg > any weapon of the federation
Single bioship > borg
Multiple bioships >> borg
Its just a question of how high the factors between those parties is :)
Let's see:
photon torpedo
let's-ignore-all-onscreen-evidence-and-go-with-the-TM 64MT omindirectional weapon that can still wear down Borg shields
Voyager
ship that can be killed by above but SILL survived bioship hits (even before the Borg upgrades, IIRC)
medium turbolaser
200GT every-joule-hits-the-target DEW on a 20 year old assault transport which happens to be several orders of magnitude smaller than an ISD HTL's

You were saying?
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

All this is irrelevant anyway, because specie 8472 would run like hell after getting at least 3 ships killed. They are damn cowards !!

The empire would easily succeed in destroying some ships ^^

"THE WEAK WILL PERSISH"
*some bioships are killed*
"OUTCH ... OUTCH ... THEY CAN HURT US !! RETREAT !! RETREAT !!"

That's my final conclusion
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Bioships seemed horribly vulnerable to simple energy transfer from an explosion, as seen when the big nano-bomb exploded in the middle of a formation of several of them, fragmenting a number of them before the nanos even took effect.

For Voyager's survival(both 8472 and long-term), the only possibility that makes sense to me refers back to the episode where Voyager was duplicated. Both Voyagers were overlapping ewach other due to technobabble, and the one which was readily accessible from normal space was boarded by Vedians, then self-destructed, destroying the Vedian ship docked, but not harming the Voyager duplicate that it was co-located with in any way. To my limited understanding, this seems to indicate that the Voyager that we see after that is some-how not fully affected by things from normal space, via some weird partial phasing techno-babble.
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Batman wrote:And I can't believe The Imps vs Species 90210 hasn't been done before.
Is this FUQable? :lol:
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Slartibartfast wrote:
Batman wrote:And I can't believe The Imps vs Species 90210 hasn't been done before.
Is this FUQable? :lol:
I very much doubt it. I recall seeing them referred to this way in a lot of places, and let's face it, 90210 is a number many of us remember (wether we want to or not *shudders*).
The number 8472, OTOH, requires one to actually memorize Voyager details, and I doubt there's many people who want to do that *shudders again*.
I DO apprecciate (sp?) the sentiment, however.
*takes Slartibartfast off The List*
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

The Empire would laugh there ass off at Bioships and use biological weapons.

Imagine infecting Species 8472 with Kytos or Crimson Forever
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Re: The Empire VS Species 8472

Post by Robert Walper »

Techno_Union wrote:I have searched and I did not find this topic. Sorry if it has been done before.

Ok, so every 8472 ship that has ever been mentioned in ST (their highest number of ships) VS the highest number of Imperial ship out there. Both side have all the superweapon they have ever had.

Species 8472 have all come from fluidic space, assuming they can get the the SW galaxy from F space. They come on the outskirts such as Tatooine.

Hoe does the Empire respond and what kind of damage will 8472 be able to unleash on the Empire? The tho civilizations do not have full info about each other, meaning they do not know how many ships the other side has.

If there are anymore details needed, then feel free to ask.
This entire thread will quickly be summed up as the following:

Species 8472: weapons = chain reaction = useless against Imperial shielding.

Empire: weapons = 200 gigatons + bio weapons = dead Species 8472.

Frankly, don't even bother trying to imply Species 8472 would so much scratch the paint off of any Imperial ship. And yes, that includes TIE fighters. Seriously.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

This topic has been done before by myself and Ossis VS ol' Shadow and Darkling way back when

And when I mean way back when I mean like as in 02-03 Decemeber/Jan

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Indeed

When in doubt search the archive board
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete