SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Cornelius wrote:
cosmetology
Hmm. Maybe he ment cosmology? I don't know why, however.

That is a nice page you made. How long did it take for you to come up with the material and put it into action?
What? He actually wrote "cosmetology"? That's like the hairstyling field.

Oh my God... :lol:
Well, after all, cosmology being the study of the essential structure of the Universe, doubtless cosmetology studies the makeup of the Universe. 8)
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

anarchistbunny wrote:Ok, more too much free time calculations.

$1.688 average per gallon nation wide for the week of 2/23/04. Source...
To be fair, he claimed to have included wear-and-tear on his car. That would be a substantial fraction of the costs involved in his little roadtrip.

I, for one, think that his claims of being a massively credible source would be significantly bolstered if he could spell the word "area" correctly. I stopped counting after he made the same sad mistake three times in a row. Now I remember why I never wanted to teach elementary school children.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Patrick Degan wrote:
Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
Cornelius wrote: Hmm. Maybe he ment cosmology? I don't know why, however.

That is a nice page you made. How long did it take for you to come up with the material and put it into action?
What? He actually wrote "cosmetology"? That's like the hairstyling field.

Oh my God... :lol:
Well, after all, cosmology being the study of the essential structure of the Universe, doubtless cosmetology studies the makeup of the Universe. 8)
actually, he wrote cosmotology, but since there is no such word i assumed he was referring to cosmetology, and promptly made fun of it earlier. see above. :D
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Master of Ossus wrote:To be fair, he claimed to have included wear-and-tear on his car. That would be a substantial fraction of the costs involved in his little roadtrip.

I, for one, think that his claims of being a massively credible source would be significantly bolstered if he could spell the word "area" correctly. I stopped counting after he made the same sad mistake three times in a row. Now I remember why I never wanted to teach elementary school children.
Let's not forget that we've also got to factor in the expensive for filling a cooler full of subway sandwiches and beer for his "experts". That could easily set him back 50 dollars or more. :)
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

I think it is one of the most funniest appeals to authoroty we ever heared.....
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Only in your most vivid dream fantasies could a person of your demonstraited expertise and self imagined strength ever assault by H2H, any person with my expertise and then pretend to live threw it!
D'ur, yu miyt be smatur den mi but eye can beet yu up! D'ur hur hur!

JADAFETWA
Mad
Jedi Council Member

Post by Mad »

anarchistbunny wrote:Hours of Physics, eh? Well lets see, I had physics last year, about 90 days(since it's every other day) and at 1.5 hours a class, that gives me 5.625 days of physics.
I think Stewart means "credit hours." For example, I have 8 credit hours of physics (2 semesters of 3 credits and a lab credit for each class). That's the only intepretation that makes any sense at all, in and of itself.

On the other hand, if he even had those two classes, he'd have enough knowledge to not make the claims he's doing. He'd be able to perform basic calculations to check to see whether or not what he says makes sense. Those two classes give enough information to do most of what is done on this board (and to be able to understand much of what may not yet be known when it is explained to them). It's enough to make one acquainted, but by no means an expert on the subject.
Later...
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

All threw this debate you have avoided answering most of my questions, attacking me instead.
Here's a tip, Stewie: you want look smart? It's THROUGH, not THREW.
JADAFETWA
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

looks like he's finally figured out how to run a scanner. . . .yet he doesn't know how to make a simple geocities webpage. . . .using yahoo. in order to get the images up. . . .
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

Stratigic Defense Instatute, We provide Elegant Solutions to your Insolvable Problems.
It's Strategic and Institute, genius. :rolleyes:
Also, is 'insolvable' even a word?
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

Executor32 wrote:
Stratigic Defense Instatute, We provide Elegant Solutions to your Insolvable Problems.
It's Strategic and Institute, genius. :rolleyes:
Also, is 'insolvable' even a word?
amazingly, insolvable is actually a word. Dictionary.Com is your friend.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

He becomes really funny, and if I'm not wrong, Mike had now given green light for us to stom on him, now that round 5 is over.

His agressive appels to authority with these 10 questions to his "experts" are relly the crown of stupidy.
But that Steward now also drags Curtis Saxton into this by saying, that his numbers are backed by Saxton, this is disgusting.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Stewart at SDI wrote:Acording to Dr. Saxton's explosion energy chart, on the web page that your link sent me to, the asteroid blast in question, if it is 50M in diamiter, should have between 9.95x10^9th and 1.66x10^10 joules of energy in it. Even He appears to support my position.
The pompousness and idiocy of Stewart boggles the mind. How can he possibly expect to get away with this statement when right there on the page Curtis says that the energy to vaporize the asteroids would run in the range of tens or hundreds of terajoules?
Star Wars Technical Commentaries wrote:Asteroid diameters of 5m - 20m have been suggested [Stephen Comblidge, Peter Chung: private correspondence and newsgroup contributions] implying minimum melt energies of 0.49 TJ to 32 TJ respectively. This is comparable to the energy yield of a kiloton of TNT, 1 kt = 4.2 TJ. For further comparison, a small and primitive fission bomb might have an explosive yield of 20kt.

The latent energy of vaporisation may alone exceed the amount of energy needed to melt the body, let alone the amount needed to raise its temperature to the boiling point. In terrestrial conditions, the latent heat of vaporisation of a 10m diameter iron ball is approximately 25.8 TJ. Estimates of the melting plus vaporisation energy [by Eric Vandersall] are 32TJ and 260TJ respectively for 20m and 40m diameter asteroids at an initial temperature of about 206K. These are uncertain as detailed values, since the heating process process is non-equilibrium, supersonic and takes place in vacuo. Nevertheless, these results are plausibly indicative order-of-magnitude estimates. Therefore, considering the maximum observed fire rate of at least 1/s [in the asteroid field and in battles throughout the saga] we can estimate a lower limit on the power of each of the small anti-fighter point-defence cannons as between 250TW and 2000TW. The sixty-four visibly large dorsal heavy cannons must have considerably greater power than even this lower limit.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Silly Stewie!

Silly DP!

Still, waiting for Stewie to actually post something of value...
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Ted C wrote:
Stewart at SDI wrote:Acording to Dr. Saxton's explosion energy chart, on the web page that your link sent me to, the asteroid blast in question, if it is 50M in diamiter, should have between 9.95x10^9th and 1.66x10^10 joules of energy in it. Even He appears to support my position.
The pompousness and idiocy of Stewart boggles the mind. How can he possibly expect to get away with this statement when right there on the page Curtis says that the energy to vaporize the asteroids would run in the range of tens or hundreds of terajoules?
Because he doesn't know how to cut and paste. Seriously.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Straha wrote:Silly Stewie!

Silly DP!

Still, waiting for Stewie to actually post something of value...
You shall be waiting for looooooong time

Since the other is open season lock down

MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete