Stewie commentary

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

He lacks Darkstars precision though. This is rather abnoxious. Darkstar might have been an idiot, but his grammar was usually impeccable. But, Eh? Why do we compare one idiot to another? There all dumb, lets leave it at that.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Sarevok
The Fearless One

Post by Sarevok »

At least Stewart does not use the canon, falsehoosd etc in every sentence.
I have to tell you something everything I wrote above is a lie.
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

Is Stewie German?
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Dark Hellion wrote:He lacks Darkstars precision though. This is rather abnoxious. Darkstar might have been an idiot, but his grammar was usually impeccable. But, Eh? Why do we compare one idiot to another? There all dumb, lets leave it at that.
You do realise that Darkstar reads up on these threads that he can see and will now be having a panic attack that you mentioned his as being an idiot;

'The Wongites are after me! The Wongites are after me!'
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Dark Hellion
Permanent n00b

Post by Dark Hellion »

I'm a Wongite! Wow! I thought you had to participate in SW vs. ST debates for that (I usually on add commentary).

Honestly, Stewie has gotten himself in over his head, and still doesn't realize it. He has probably convinced himself he is winning, and will end up incapable of seeing that the other side is not challenged by him. His rebuttles are either old, or completely irrelevant. It's somewhat sad, as he is just as dillusional as others before him, only his grammar is worse.
A teenage girl is just a teenage boy who can get laid.
-GTO

We're not just doing this for money; we're doing this for a shitload of money!
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Dillusional? Well isn't this ironic? :wink:
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Straha wrote:Is Stewie German?
I hope not. I he is, I don't want to associate him with my land.....
GySgt. Hartman
Jedi Knight

Post by GySgt. Hartman »

Does it really matter? There's more than one idiot in every country. What I could extract from that somewhat incoherent babbling is that he claimed to have studied at a UoNY campus in some US barracks in Germany.
"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon,
you will be a minister of death, praying for war." - GySgt. Hartman

"God has a hard on for Marines, because we kill everything we see." - GySgt. Hartman
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

I hope Mike will rip him a new asshole in round III. :twisted: What Steward has written there is realy stupid.
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Tribun wrote:
I hope not. I he is, I don't want to associate him with my land.....
He claims to be America as far as I can tell. Course he also boosts about to be able to get handgun headshots at ranges where the bullet would land twenty feet from the aim point and other such nonsense so who knows.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Geran
Redshirt

Post by Geran »

He claims to have studied in Germany: "General Science" in Esslingen and some courses at the Max-Planck-Institute. Sounds quite impressive *g* but
a) there is no course "General Science" in Germany. (I should know, since I study here)

b) The Max Planck Institute, while offering Courses for Students, as well as " a large variety of research opportunities for diploma students and graduate students, in close cooperation with the Department for Physics and Astronomy of the University of Heidelberg" (quote from their website) is not University itself, but an commertial scientific Institute. As such it does not have Students.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Geran wrote:
He claims to have studied in Germany: "General Science" in Esslingen and some courses at the Max-Planck-Institute. Sounds quite impressive *g* but
a) there is no course "General Science" in Germany. (I should know, since I study here)

b) The Max Planck Institute, while offering Courses for Students, as well as " a large variety of research opportunities for diploma students and graduate students, in close cooperation with the Department for Physics and Astronomy of the University of Heidelberg" (quote from their website) is not University itself, but an commertial scientific Institute. As such it does not have Students.
To make it short, he had said total bullshit.
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

What a complete supprise that it was bullshit :roll:
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Rightous Fist Of Heaven wrote:What a complete supprise that it was bullshit :roll:
I have noticed that a very large percentage of people who boast of their credentials in these debates are lying through their teeth.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

Jesus Christ, even Ryan Griffin (the guy on the Hate Mail page who claimed to be a PhD-level Quantum Physicist, but then went on to claim that power wasn’t a scientific unit) was more convincing than this idiot!
Phil Skayhan
Jedi Knight

Post by Phil Skayhan »

Tribun wrote:
Geran wrote:He claims to have studied in Germany: "General Science" in Esslingen and some courses at the Max-Planck-Institute. Sounds quite impressive *g* but
To make it short, he had said total bullshit.
What about the University of Applied Science at Esslingen? From what I could gather at their website, they do not offer a program in general science. My german is not as good as it once was, so could someone double check this please.

He also says that his degree is actually from Regents College in Albany, NY; now known as Excelsior College. Again, no program in general science. However, twenty years ago? I was unable to find out. Excelsior College is not listed as a partner college to Esslingen.
Geran
Redshirt

Post by Geran »

Actually there is a faculty called "Basic Science" in Esslingen, but as you can read here it does not have "own" students, but is responsible for providing the basics for the other faculties.
You should also note, that until some few years ago there was no "bachelors" Degree in Germany. That was introduced in 2000 I think.
GySgt. Hartman
Jedi Knight

Post by GySgt. Hartman »

He never said he studied at a German university. He said he studied in Germany, at what might well have been an overseas campus of a US university on a military base.
"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon,
you will be a minister of death, praying for war." - GySgt. Hartman

"God has a hard on for Marines, because we kill everything we see." - GySgt. Hartman
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Rightous Fist Of Heaven wrote:What a complete supprise that it was bullshit :roll:
I have noticed that a very large percentage of people who boast of their credentials in these debates are lying through their teeth.
Naturally. One who has REAL credentials does not need to boast with them.
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
Geran
Redshirt

Post by Geran »

GySgt. Hartman wrote:He never said he studied at a German university. He said he studied in Germany, at what might well have been an overseas campus of a US university on a military base.
That would be possible... though i think you have to be enlisted at an German University (preferably Uni-Heidelberg) to take courses at the MPI
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Stewart wrote:Not true, the appearant change in brightness could be a function of AGC/auto exposure or image manipulation in the viewing/recording device.
Oh, this is getting good. Stewart is proposing that the aperture/exposure settings of the camera are changing so that the light falling on the asteroid is enough to saturate the image. Problem: a change in these settings would affect the appearance of everything in the shot. We don't see any apparent change in the illumination of the Star Destroyer or any of the other asteroids in the picture, so his claim is preposterous.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

What is Stewart hoping to accomplish, anyway? Does he want to disprove the firepower calcs for tubolasers? Or does he just like to nitpick? Seems like the second, as it's hard to imagine anyone dumb enough to believe that showing that the absolute lower limit of one of the smaller types of turbolaser is actually slightly lower then origionally thought somehow means that the Empire has all the firepower of an average carrot. But then again...

And are we absolutely sure this isn't just Darkstar playing dressup?
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Let's wait what Mike's reply will be.

Think that Steward will last all five rounds?
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Hm...Mike seems to take his time for a reply....
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

You can only take off so much time from your family for this nonsense...
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"