Stewie commentary

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Phil Skayhan wrote:And speaking of which, just how would people even hear of this thing if there's no phone listing, website, or advertisment of any kind? Do you have a little stand in front of the house like this?

*snip*
:lol: :lol:

Mike vs. Stewart argument can be summed up in three words: Complete Anal Fuckage.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Rightous Fist Of Heaven
Jedi Master

Post by Rightous Fist Of Heaven »

What's your point? 100 meters is roughly 110 yards...big diff. And did you read my post? The maximum effective range is NOT the maximum range at which any marksman can hit any target. It is the maximum range at which the average marksman can hit the average target. A weapon CAN fire accurately at ranges beyond the maximum effective range...that stat is used to determine the usefulness of a weapon in war/conflict, NOT the maximum range it can be used to hit targets.
Incorrect, maximum effective range is the range at which a weapon may be expected to be accurate and achieve the desired effect. As in have a snowballs chance in hell of actually hitting something. When the range is three times more than the maximum effective range, the chances of hitting something smaller than the side of a truck are fairly slim.
In order to gain any hits on a reasonably sized targets at ranges far in excess of the maximum effective range, you will have to seriously start playing with ballistics. Pretty much "throwing" the round in an arc like a damn 40mm grenade.
Ofcourse you CAN hit TARGETS beyond the maximum effective range. The accuracy however will suck, badly. And its called the max effective range for reason you know.
"The ones they built at the height of nuclear weapons could knock the earth out of its orbit" - Physics expert Envy in reference to the hydrogen bombs built during the cold war.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Darth Wong wrote:
Stewart from SDI wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:Imagine my surprise to discover that despite your claims of having "a hot date", you posted your response at 10:00pm on Valentine's Day. I guess Valentine's Day didn't go as well for you as you'd hoped :lol:
Yes it did, better than I hade hoped.
And that's why you were posting Star Trek arguments at 10:00pm that evening? Obviously, your idea of a good Valentine's Day evening is considerably different from mine.
He must have had to get home before 9 so his parents didn't get pissed. :P
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Hey Stewart. I repeat my challenge. You've seen it twice already. Man up or admit that you don't want to take my challenge. Time is short and my deployment is near. If I don't hear from you by tonight I'll simply have to assume you've simply pussied out of my challenge.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
GySgt. Hartman
Jedi Knight

Post by GySgt. Hartman »

I don't know the rules of this 5-round one-on-one, but Stewie's been clearly defeated by round 4. He doesn't have a single point that hasn't been adressed at least 3 times (except for the camera stuff). Assuming he just reposts everything without any new arguments, what happens after round 5?
"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon,
you will be a minister of death, praying for war." - GySgt. Hartman

"God has a hard on for Marines, because we kill everything we see." - GySgt. Hartman
Kazuaki Shimazaki
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kazuaki Shimazaki »

GySgt. Hartman wrote:I don't know the rules of this 5-round one-on-one, but Stewie's been clearly defeated by round 4. He doesn't have a single point that hasn't been adressed at least 3 times (except for the camera stuff). Assuming he just reposts everything without any new arguments, what happens after round 5?
Ultimately, it is always the public that judges who won. Of course, as usual, the victor is indisputable :D
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

GySgt. Hartman wrote:I don't know the rules of this 5-round one-on-one, but Stewie's been clearly defeated by round 4. He doesn't have a single point that hasn't been adressed at least 3 times (except for the camera stuff). Assuming he just reposts everything without any new arguments, what happens after round 5?
Nothing much except a recap.

Literally the reason Mike works on a time table is because well he has things to do.

For the most part , Stewie has been trumped, and he'll probably come back for more.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Phantom5
Redshirt

A correction

Post by Phantom5 »

Rightous Fist Of Heaven wrote:Incorrect, maximum effective range is the range at which a weapon may be expected to be accurate and achieve the desired effect.
Apologies...you are correct. BUT, the limiting factor is usually not the accuracy...it's usually the "achieving the desired effect", the power and ability of the bullet to do it's job at extended range.
Rightous Fist Of Heaven wrote:When the range is three times more than the maximum effective range, the chances of hitting something smaller than the side of a truck are fairly slim.
Tell that to Skeeter Nelson, who could hit 4' targets regularly at 600 yards. Unless you're claiming the maximum effective range of a .44 magnum is 600 yards...
Rightous Fist Of Heaven wrote:In order to gain any hits on a reasonably sized targets at ranges far in excess of the maximum effective range, you will have to seriously start playing with ballistics. Pretty much "throwing" the round in an arc like a damn 40mm grenade.
Precisely. I believe that's what I said in my FIRST post, when I mentioned lobbing bullets in like mortar rounds. It's not easy, but it can be done by a skilled shooter.
Rightous Fist Of Heaven wrote:Of course you CAN hit TARGETS beyond the maximum effective range. The accuracy however will suck, badly.
The sole purpose of my posting was to put an end to people saying Stewie's claim was "impossible". Since you're admitting it is entirely possible, my goal was met. I never claimed it was easy, or that Stewie could do it...just that it was not an immediately laughable claim.
As to the accuracy "sucking badly"? Accuracy is nearly always more determined by the shooter than the weapon. Position a pistol in a fixed machine rest, and it will fire accurately at surprisingly long ranges.

P5

Please use Quoting Tags, Danke ~GR
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

New favourite mispelling:
Stewie wrote:I am still waiting for any example of the fenominon you describe that ever occured in nature
phenomenon

How much schooling is this guy meant to have had?
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Embracer Of Darkness
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by Embracer Of Darkness »

2000AD wrote:New favourite mispelling:
Stewie wrote:I am still waiting for any example of the fenominon you describe that ever occured in nature
phenomenon

How much schooling is this guy meant to have had?
He claims to be dyslexic, but I think many will agree with me when I say that I think Stewart is simply a retarded kid with too much time on his hands.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Re: A correction

Post by aerius »

Phantom5 wrote:Tell that to Skeeter Nelson, who could hit 4' targets regularly at 600 yards. Unless you're claiming the maximum effective range of a .44 magnum is 600 yards...
Yes I've heard of him, he's literally a 1 in 100 million freak. Big deal, Jelly Bryce could point-shoot faster and more accurately than damn near anyone using the sights and shooting in the proper manner. He could draw and fire in 2/5 of a second and put the bullet into the bullseye every time, doesn't mean anyone else can do it.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

New commentary on Stewie that Wilkens started...thus all stuff should proceed to there.

Lockdown.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete