New Star Trek Movie/Rapid Trekkie attacks to come(spoilers)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

SirNirtram: Because it doesnt work as a weapon, you completely ignore that part of my post?

anarchistbunny: Use but that doesnt mean its a crazy frequency changing torp - it may be a shields skipper like some believe.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I didn't say it didn't change frequencies fast. Maybe it doesn't have one to adapt to.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

TheDarkling wrote:anarchistbunny: Use but that doesnt mean its a crazy frequency changing torp - it may be a shields skipper like some believe.
Very well. The burden of proof lies upon you to prove that the Federation has opted for shield-ignoring technology (never seen before) instead of frequency-specific weaponry (all Federation weaponry ever seen).
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

I have also pointed out some theories on the shield skipping on the thread about endgame weapons however until I see the episode again (in a couple of days) I wont be able too give good answers.

The super freq changing torp would have to have some amazing tech better than the entire E-D (hmm) but I also pointed out my problems with that theory on the other thread.
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Wasn't there also something about the Borg Queen stated about how they will adapt to them(showing they were having trouble doing so), or was that the virus
Originally Posted by anarchistbunny

I was about to add that point. The Queen was very confident that the Borg would adapt to the new weapons. It was the virus she wasn't expecting. The TPT and armor didn't really bother her. By the end of that battle the Borg were blasting through the armor, showing that they were quickly adapting their weapons and it was only a matter of time that their defenses adapted as well.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

anarchistbunny wrote:No it wouldn't, Transphasic Torps are no more powerful than a quantum torp. They just are unadaptable to hard to adapt to to borg tech. The torps just caused enough damage for borg cube systems to go critical and for the cube to be destroyed. And the other was just think armor plating. Hmmmmm, something Star Wars have never seen before.
What is your evidence? TTorps do seem to be more powerful than QTorps.....simply because one QTorp has never destroyed a borg cube but a TTorp has.
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Thats just a guess. Remember what phasers did to the first encountered cube? The TP Torps wasn't much more powerful.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

anarchistbunny wrote:Thats just a guess. Remember what phasers did to the first encountered cube? The TP Torps wasn't much more powerful.
Maybe you should watch TNG "Q Who" and VGR "Endgame" again. Because the differences are very noticable.

One TTorp was enough to cause a cube to explode violently.