Imperial Boarding parties

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Romulan_nemesis
Youngling

Imperial Boarding parties

Post by Romulan_nemesis »

If the Imps boarded any kind of vessel, be it Star Trek, Babylon 5, etc.
And detained the crew, could they figure out its computer systems? Could they study and actually come up for a good reason why its engines are not using hyperdrive (ST ONLY). What I'm thinking about is the accuracy of their "scanning teams". And after they have the vessel (assuming they just dont destroy it first) What would they do with it? Or with this new data they have obtained?

Rommie
Hillary Clinton for President:
http://www.votehillary.org/

Bob Casey for U.S. Senate
http://www.bobcaseyforpa.com/
Luke Hares
Redshirt

Post by Luke Hares »

I imagine they'd do their best to shut the whole thing down as quickly as possible in case it exploded (as seems to happen to ST warp cores all to often) - carefully remove the antimatter in case the containment system failed (as seems to happen to ST antimatter containment systems all to often) and then donate the whole thing to museam display, probably entitled something like 'Artifacts of incredibly backward space faring people'
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Well the typical Imperal Approach seems to be
A. Disable Craft
B. Killing everything that shoots and capture everything that doesn't
C. Move it somewhere else and strip the thing apart
D. Put it back togther agian

Wiether they would understand it up in the Air but then they would have some good laughs over the Shield technologys and Sensor Systems

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Well in ST it's a moot point. If they use ion cannons, the whole ship will explode.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

to see how a group would invade a ST vessel see the first 5 minutes of ANH :D . after they captured the vessel, and lets say for the sake of argument GAT that the ions didnt blow up the ship, they would probably study the warp drive, find out what makes it tick then develop counter measures to it, then do the same for phasers and torps (if necesary). They would probably interagate the crews find out about fed space and co-ordinates for important fed facilities then execute them after theyve gotten what they wanted. when they see the primitive ship doesnt even have the right materials to scrap and make civilian speeder bikes out of theyll probably put it in some abandoned storage facility and let it gather dust. Until picard, riker, worf, and data come in and try to steal the ship back. when they kill the crew and hijack the ship it will be aptly blown to subspace and back by the patrolling dreadnaught. THE END
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution