Starfleet...post-Conquest

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Enola Straight
Jedi Knight

Starfleet...post-Conquest

Post by Enola Straight »

Suppose the Empire completes the conquest of the UFP.

Would Starfleet, the Academy, and all personell be terminated, or would Starfleet be absorbed into the Imperial Navy (after a period of probation, re-education, and propaganda)?
Masochist to Sadist: "Hurt me."
Sadist to Masochist: "No."
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

one of 4 possibilities:
1) What you said.
2) They'd all be executed as they're of no real use. This also prevents the Federation from trying to rise up and fight again.
3) They Empire could use the surviving Starfleet ships after the Federation's surrender to defend Starfleets territory, saving them some patrol ships for defense.
4) Integrate them into the Imperial navy but let them keep their Starfleet ships (upgraded with hyperdrives and hypermatter cores to power them). Then hurl their ships at the Rebels. Watch them turn their swiss army deflector dish into a weapon using the power from hypermatter against the Rebel ships, then watch the Rebels blast them to smithereens.
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Execution is unlikely. Barbarism that extreme is not common.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The empire is currupt, they like power and control. Now very few would be executed, and those would have been made up to look as bad as possible (Changling Jedi Traitor scum) the ships would be broken down as they have no use beyond harvesting for raw materials. The Orions would join the black sun, as would the ferengi etc.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

I think the crews would probably be integrated into the Navy, but the ships would be scrapped. Upgrading them wouldn't be worth the cost.