How long will it take AJT to reply?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

How long will it take AJT to come up with another reply?

A mere day or so, this time. Really.
No votes
Three or four days.
No votes
Another week.
24%
2 weeks
36%
Never
41%

Total votes: 59

Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

Interestiong that he has time to read this thread and our responses, write a "witty" reply (as if someone in a Harry Potter life action RPG can actually have a social life :roll: ) but has not time to address his so called argument.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

OMG YOU HAVE HAD A COLD! :shock: ! :shock: !

I've had the mother of all colds for the past few days now ( full nose of snot every 10 minutes, coughing fits every 10 minutes, lack of sleep due to coughing fits when i lay down, brief bout of throwing up, head feeling like it shrinks a few sizes every time i cough, etc, etc.) and i've still managed to attend all my lectures, get down to the libruary to look up some stuff for various assignments several times, maintained a fairly active participation on the board and go on a pub crawl!
Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Out of curiosity, does anyone here feel the slightest bit like cutting him some slack after that post? I wanna make sure I'm not the only cold hearted bastard here.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Ender wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone here feel the slightest bit like cutting him some slack after that post? I wanna make sure I'm not the only cold hearted bastard here.
That post is an excuse post that really doesn't measure up. If you are serious about debating someone then it is hardly beyond asking a alf an hour's time over the length he has had since the last reply. Now sympathy for his situation? Maybe I have that, but it serves as no excuse for the extreme tardiness of his posting.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Ender wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone here feel the slightest bit like cutting him some slack after that post? I wanna make sure I'm not the only cold hearted bastard here.
Not really...like I said...he couldn't muster a half an hour with all the time between Wong's reply and now? Then all he's been blithering is a lame excuse mixed in with a snide remark that either we or Mike has no social life or problems and thus is an exclusive problem of his.

Sorry, he wanted this debate...he better either debate or conceed.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Well you guys miss the point, unlike him, we obviously have no active social life. If you call social life to reenact the plot fo the Chamber of Secrets with friends who call themselves Dumblestinking and Barry Potter and like to wave little wooden sticks while saying weird phrases.
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Guys, come on just give him a break. If he's actually going to post a reply, it doesn't matter if he takes a few days to do it. He hasn't run away from the debate yet, so until he does let's not start unilateraly bashing him, no matter what we may think of his arguments.

Also I don't think it's any of our business what his personal life is like and what constraints on time he has. If his life has kept him from posting, fine. If he has spent the last few days feverishly digging through sources to refute Wong, so much the better. It really doesn't matter. He's here, and it looks like he's going to stand his ground so until the debate is over we can a least give him a certain amount of respect. After all, how many of Mike's debates have gone this long?
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

The Kernel wrote:Guys, come on just give him a break. If he's actually going to post a reply, it doesn't matter if he takes a few days to do it. He hasn't run away from the debate yet, so until he does let's not start unilateraly bashing him, no matter what we may think of his arguments.

Also I don't think it's any of our business what his personal life is like and what constraints on time he has. If his life has kept him from posting, fine. If he has spent the last few days feverishly digging through sources to refute Wong, so much the better. It really doesn't matter. He's here, and it looks like he's going to stand his ground so until the debate is over we can a least give him a certain amount of respect. After all, how many of Mike's debates have gone this long?
Have you even been reading the debate?? Its a fucking cut and paste job from Darkstar's site. He makes points that are laughable or outrigt lies (the door in the detention block not being blown up)

We did not bring his social life into this. He was the one that started making snide remarks about actually having a life and how he was going to "school us". Go back and read his posts. people here were more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he started showing his ass.
He deserves every bit of the abuse being heaped on him. Oh, did you miss the first excuse to dodge the debate altogether when he said daddy did not allow him on the computer anymore but was persuing and posting in Fantasy during this period? He's a fucking little cunt liar and he deserves this and more until he concedes.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Stravo wrote:
The Kernel wrote:Guys, come on just give him a break. If he's actually going to post a reply, it doesn't matter if he takes a few days to do it. He hasn't run away from the debate yet, so until he does let's not start unilateraly bashing him, no matter what we may think of his arguments.

Have you even been reading the debate?? Its a fucking cut and paste job from Darkstar's site. He makes points that are laughable or outrigt lies (the door in the detention block not being blown up)

We did not bring his social life into this. He was the one that started making snide remarks about actually having a life and how he was going to "school us". Go back and read his posts. people here were more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he started showing his ass.
He deserves every bit of the abuse being heaped on him. Oh, did you miss the first excuse to dodge the debate altogether when he said daddy did not allow him on the computer anymore but was persuing and posting in Fantasy during this period? He's a fucking little cunt liar and he deserves this and more until he concedes.
I don't read Darkstar's site (I'm afraid I need to keep my brain cells for the future) so no, I didn't know that he was taking his entire argument from there. I don't doubt that his is nothing but a little teenage shit, but I was just making the point that as long as he is still debating Wong, we might as well cut him a little slack. You notice that Wong does the same thing with his debate opponents? He gives them a lot of leeway in their argument and figures which I assume he does because he doesn't want to scare them away.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Read the website...hell he has a hatemail page with dates and all, and thus has shown how long Mike has had debates and how others have responded infinitly faster.

Also read his former two responses as well...which had to easily have some of the most erroneous shit I've seen in a long while.

And amazingly only dip has ever talked about his personal life, in fact he was the one who brought up his over domineering father, his supposed hackster brother and finally his Harry Potter RPG time and him being 17...so where did any of give a shit about his personal life.

You want to debate you amek time for it...don't walk off because somehow real life interfers and presume the other side is going to accept that as an excuse, especially when the other side has two sons and a wife.

And as for respect the dipshit basically called us ignorant morons.

So before going how we are being mean refer to all his prior yabbering and then finally wanting to show us the light before getting on a soapbox and preaching how we are somehow being mean to this pussy, becuase he has done more then deserve this.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Andrew Joshua Talon wrote:Ahem...I'm here, thanks. .
Good. Now will you actually have a debate point of your own, or will you continue to cut and paste arguments from Darkstar's site?

You know, that ENTIRE website has already been refuted, don't you?

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
The Kernel
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Kernel »

Ghost Rider wrote:Read the website...hell he has a hatemail page with dates and all, and thus has shown how long Mike has had debates and how others have responded infinitly faster.

Also read his former two responses as well...which had to easily have some of the most erroneous shit I've seen in a long while.

And amazingly only dip has ever talked about his personal life, in fact he was the one who brought up his over domineering father, his supposed hackster brother and finally his Harry Potter RPG time and him being 17...so where did any of give a shit about his personal life.

You want to debate you amek time for it...don't walk off because somehow real life interfers and presume the other side is going to accept that as an excuse, especially when the other side has two sons and a wife.

And as for respect the dipshit basically called us ignorant morons.

So before going how we are being mean refer to all his prior yabbering and then finally wanting to show us the light before getting on a soapbox and preaching how we are somehow being mean to this pussy, becuase he has done more then deserve this.
I HAVE read Mike's hate mail page and near as I can tell, Darkstar was the only one to go the full five rounds with Mike. I couldn't stand Darkstar's nitpicky, verbeage filled arguments, but at least he stuck with it.

I just joined this forum as the whole Mike vs. AJT started, so I don't know all the personal history behind it. What I do know is that it's been an entertaining debate as far as debates go and I'd rather not spoil it by having the whole board crashing down on this guy. I'm not asking people to like him, just that we should save personal attacks until after the debate is over.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Sorry kid; forgot to give you the link:

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Hat ... index.html

Now you can take your time, continue lurking, and come up with your OWN debate, hmmm?

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Why...he's insulted us and claimed he would show the light and his first two debate post have been nothing but Darkstar drivel.

I've seen better out of comiccon goers claiming the Ent-D navigational array makes them immune to Turbo-Lasers.

He made the CHALLENGE and has made numerous EXCUSES...as the saying goes, put up or shut up.

Hell the only good thing is that he's livened up the board...of that I'll thank him for his rank stupidity.

Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Andrew Joshua Talon wrote:However, given that I do have a reasonably active social life, studying, an overcontrolling father, and a car that breaks down frequently and must be repaired, I think there is a fair margin of forgiveness that could be attached to the waiting periods.
And the rest of us don't have lots of stuff going on? I have a full time job, volunteer work on Monday nights, band rehearsal on Tuesday and Thrusday evenings, class on Wednesday, often a football game for the band to perform at on Saturday. A highschool kid like you doesn't know the meaning of hte word busy. Don't even try to use the "I was too busy" excuse against your debate opponent. His schedule easily makes yours look like child's play (see the postscript of the "Lord Edam" debate).
After all, if I'm going to be defeated, it doesn't matter how long it takes, does it? :roll:
There is a reason most debates have a time limit on replies.
And having a cold doesn't help either. (sniff) Ugh...
Actually, it does. You can't work on your broken down car, socialize or go to school when you have a cold. You have all the time you need to be on your computer.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Ender wrote:Out of curiosity, does anyone here feel the slightest bit like cutting him some slack after that post?
No. See my last post in this thread. This twit has nothing to complain about in terms of schedule when compared to DW or the rest of us.
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

On second thought, I will give AJT credit for conceeding on the range issue. His idol would never conceed on anything no matter how obvious the problem with the argument was. AJT is a step above that.

Andrew J.
Sith Marauder

Post by Andrew J. »

Andrew Joshua Talon wrote:Ahem...

I'm here, thanks. And I feel it is my duty to apologize for the long wait periods between the uploads.

However, given that I do have a reasonably active social life, studying, an overcontrolling father, and a car that breaks down frequently and must be repaired, I think there is a fair margin of forgiveness that could be attached to the waiting periods.

After all, if I'm going to be defeated, it doesn't matter how long it takes, does it? :roll:

Listen here, you sanctimonious son of a bitch. I've watched you make an ass out of yourself the whole time you've been here, and I've kept quiet most of the time, but no more! You know that name you have, the one your parents decided to give you? Yeah, that's not just your name. It's a name shared by a hell of a lot of people, myself included, and I'm tired of seeing it associated with a gutless little wanker like you. So I'm going to be nice for once, and only once, and ask you, one Andrew J. to another: please concede the debate. I know it's tough swallowing your pride when you're young; regardless, even you must realize it's hopeless. End it now and you may at least, hopefully, earn yourself an iota of respect for exceeding the expectations of everyone else here, who think that you will follow the example of RSA and just keep going forever.
Don't hate; appreciate!

RIP Eddie.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I'm here, thanks. And I feel it is my duty to apologize for the long wait periods between the uploads.
That's fine if you post an argument, now.
However, given that I do have a reasonably active social life,
Yeah. I've heard Harry Potter RPG's can be murder on your free time.
studying, an overcontrolling father, and a car that breaks down frequently and must be repaired, I think there is a fair margin of forgiveness that could be attached to the waiting periods.
Whine all you want, buddy, but honestly there's no reason why you can't spare a half hour in the space of weeks to make a post.
Actually, it's common debate courtesy to make your posts in a reasonable amount of time, which is part of why DarkStar's latest tactic of claiming he's beaten me and is going to explain how he did it on his website whenever the heck he gets around to it is so irritating. If you don't have time to make responses, then don't go around getting into debates. It's really not that complicated.
Oh, no, the whiny bitch is sick to cap it all off. I'm not having much sympathy, given that you basically copy-paste DarkStar's arguments, anyway (which can't take more than... what? Ten seconds per statement?), your pompous attitude, your parroting Anderson's methods, and your incredible lack of basic skills and vocabulary. But the worst part about this is that you STILL haven't put up anything. Make an argument, don't randomly pop up every now and then to tell Mike he's wrong. Mike's making posts within hours of yours, and then it takes you days and weeks to come up with a response.

At least you're not trying to make it appear that tardiness in debates is a good thing anymore. It really isn't polite, though, and frankly I'm tired of your intolerable retreating. You've had several weekends between now and Mike's last post. I seem to remember that HS kids have a LOT of time over the weekends to kill. Make an argument, and if you lose, admit defeat.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Why is that song from 'Jeopardy' playing in my head all of a sudden?

Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

Lord Poe wrote:
Andrew Joshua Talon wrote:Ahem...I'm here, thanks. .
Good. Now will you actually have a debate point of your own, or will you continue to cut and paste arguments from Darkstar's site?

You know, that ENTIRE website has already been refuted, don't you?
To be fair, that's not quite true.

I believe the "links" page still stands undefeated.
Darth Servo wrote:Why is that song from 'Jeopardy' playing in my head all of a sudden?
Given his responses, I'm thinking more along the lines of "Celebrity Jeapordy" myself.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

It's actually not surprising that it's taking him so long. It's much harder to construct a rebuttal when you don't have the facts on your side, because then you must very carefully craft your rhetoric in order to compensate. And he's only dug himself into a deeper hole with his increasing use of outright lies (particularly lies involving doors and dirt), which were photographically refuted. Now he has to sit down and think really hard about how he's going to weasel out of the mess he made, and that's very time consuming.

Of course, if he was a man rather than an arrogant boy, he might know when to throw in the towel. Darkstar never throws in the towel because he has nothing else in his life; his crusade against "Warsies" is the only thing he has. But if AJT is telling the truth about actually having a life, then his only reason for continuing to tilt at windmills is pride, and he obviously doesn't realize that you can't save face by desperately trying to bullshit your way out of your own mess.
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I'm sorry, I wanted to add some serious commentary, but I couldn't get past the 'live action Harry Potter reenactor' bit.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

However, given that I do have a reasonably active social life, studying, an overcontrolling father, and a car that breaks down frequently and must be repaired, I think there is a fair margin of forgiveness that could be attached to the waiting periods.

Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

*GIves YT300000 a round of applaudes*
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite