SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Ted C
Sith Marauder

Hollywood is Calling

Post by Ted C »

OK, this is kind of amusing.

http://www.hollywoodiscalling.com/

It's a service that let's you pay to have a celebrity call someone you know on some occasion or other with a message. What I find amusing is that the list of celebrities includes three actors who have appeared on Star Trek (Tim Russ, John De Lancie, and Tony Todd) and none who have appeared in Star Wars (to my knowledge). B5 loses one cool point for having one actress (Andrea Thompson) on the list.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

LOL, do you think it would be possible to have Tony Todd call someone and make a death threat, anonimously of course?

BTW shouldn't this be in OT?
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

They will say that I have shed innocent blood. What's blood for, if not for shedding?
-- Candyman (Tony Todd) in The Candyman

Oh, Tony Todd ,appeared in Babylon 5: A Call to Arms, that makes two B5 actors in that list.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

Sir Sirius wrote:BTW shouldn't this be in OT?
Well, there is a bit of a SWvST comparison in there.
Sir Sirius wrote:Oh, Tony Todd ,appeared in Babylon 5: A Call to Arms, that makes two B5 actors in that list.
Good catch, I'd forgotten that. At least it was a one-time appearance in B5 rather than a recurring role, though.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Humm John De Lancie...

(Wonders who would appriciate a call from Q...)
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

NecronLord wrote:Humm John De Lancie...

(Wonders who would appriciate a call from Q...)
Why a certain trekkie tRoll of courSe. It would just make his dAy. Have John say, "You're wrong about SW vs ST. The Federation would get its ass handed to it."
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

No no have him phone up scooter and in a pissed off voice say "I'd never help Jean-Luc that way. Your feeble federation is on it's own this time"
<Scooter Logic>There ya go the highest form of canon. The actor himself </Scooter Logic>
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

James Earl Jones still, as far as I am aware, records his Vader voice for fans answering machines if they make a small donation to charity ... Imagine leaving a message to Darth Vader! 8)
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I have Uncle Andy on my phone. Of course noone outside Northern Ireland will know who Uncle Andy is. :P
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Durandal
Bile-Driven Hate Machine

Post by Durandal »

Crown wrote:James Earl Jones still, as far as I am aware, records his Vader voice for fans answering machines if they make a small donation to charity ... Imagine leaving a message to Darth Vader! 8)
Imagine donating money to a charity run by Darth Vader. :)
"Thank you for your donation. Your donation will help 8 year-old humans on Tatooine realize their dreams of building and racing pod racers."
Damien Sorresso

"Ever see what them computa bitchez do to numbas? It ain't natural. Numbas ain't supposed to be code, they supposed to quantify shit."
- The Onion
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Hey, I got a call today from Martin Sheen asking me to vote no on the recall and yes to Bustamante.

I should switch to republican. Then I could get a call from Arnold like my fiancee did!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Worlds Spanner
Jedi Knight

Post by Worlds Spanner »

So you may recall that there were a lot of recorded messages back in 2000.

One day my then 13 year old brother picked up the phone and said

"Jeez, it's Al Gore again!"

So funny.
If you don't ask, how will you know?