Steven Krashefski

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

AdmiralKanos
Lex Animata
Lex Animata

Steven Krashefski

Post by AdmiralKanos »

I just got a series of E-mails from someone named "Steven Krashefski". You may find them amusing:
I believe you made a mistake on the problems that the Federation would have assembling a galactic coalition against the Empire. The Romulans would be forced to join the fight if they were ever to achieve the destiny that they believed was for them. They have the belief that they will eventually rule the galaxy. If that was ever to happen then they would have to help the Federation stop the Empire from getting a foothold in the alpha quadrant. Also, the Klingons would be forced to join the fight since the Empire poses a threat to every galactic power and would surely try to conquer the Klingon Empire. Since the Klingons have a strong belief in honor they would have to defend their honor. In fact the whole Klingon culture is based on their strong belief in honor.

With the Romulan knowledge of trilithium the coalition could use trilithium based weapons as the ultimate shock and awe tactic. If you have watched Star Trek the Next Generation (the movie not the series) then you should know what trilithium is and it's frightening destructive capabilities. Also, even with out a coalition the Federation could utilize this technology themselves. How they would utilize it is use cloaked ships sent in through the wormhole and these ships would destroy all the solar systems in their operating range which is several thousand light years. Even if the ships weren't cloaked they could still do this quite easily. I know you are thinking they wouldn't be able to get through the Empire’s side of the wormhole unless cloaked because of course the Empire would have it blockaded or mined. Well, before the ships came through the Federation could send through large self propelled matter-antimatter bombs with destructive power upwards of 5 gigatons. Which, wouldn't be that hard to make since they already have photon and quantum torpedoes which are based on antimatter. They would just be of much greater size. Once the way was cleared then the ships would be able to get through. Immediately the ships could start their star collapsing spree.

You're probably thinking that the Empire would be able to just have their ships waiting for the coalition or just Federation ships. Well, the Empire's ships have a major weakness. They only have their sub-light propulsion and hyperdrives. They have no way of reaching a Federation ship in warp. In layman’s terms they can't reach the speeds in-between hyperspace and sub-light speeds which the Federation ships can. They wouldn't be able to catch them with their sub-light engines and would overshoot them with their hyperdrives. The ships of the Federation and all the other major races in the milky way galaxy have the ability to fire when their warp drive is activated. The Federation would also have their side of the wormhole mined and blockaded.

Back to the subject of weapons. The Federation could also capture a small craft in the galaxy that the Empire is located in. For example a YT-1300 Corelian Transport (otherwise known as the type of ship the Millennium Falcon is). The Federation could then take the hyperdrive of the ship and assimilate it into their own technology. Thus the Federation would be able to reach more distant targets like Corusant and the star system where the Empire produces most of their Star Destroyers in which I know for a fact is only one star system. The name happens to be Kuat Drive Yards located in the Kuat system. The destruction of that solar system would be a major economic blow to the Empire.

Even if the Empire did overrun the Federation they would have to deal with the highly adaptive Borg Collective, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Star Empire. You may think that the Romulan Star Empire is not a match for the Empire. Well, it is a good enough of a match to be one major pain in the ass to the Empire. The Romulans have the most territory and largest fleet out of all the major powers in the alpha quadrant. Also, the Romulans have extremely good weapons such as the very destructive plasma torpedoes. You may be saying the are slow and degrade over distance but the star destroyers don’t seem to be that all maneuverable.

You also made on last major mistake. You do not take into account the new technologies and ship designs of the most recent movies Star Trek First Contact, Star Trek Insurrection and Star Trek Nemesis. In that time period the Federation is undergoing a massive renewing of their fleets. They are replacing the older classes with more advanced, extremely maneuverable, and more powerful ships. Such as the Intrepid class, the Sovereign class, the Saber class, the Norway class, and the Akira class. These ships were all designed for only one use. That use is to conduct warfare. All the ships are more advanced than the Galaxy class ship which is as expensive and big ship not designed for war. Also most of the ships are small and relatively easy to produce. The ships are also equipped with not isolinear chips for their computer systems but with bio-neural gel packs which are more effective under combat conditions. Also, the Federation with the research of Professor Mannheim could unleash a terrible weapon on the galaxy the Empire inhabits. They could created a tear in the space time continuum of the galaxy invariably destroying the fabric of space time. That would cause time to be fragmented throughout the Empire’s galaxy. For example, in one area time could be frozen in place and in another time could be traveling backwards and so on.

I do not wish this to be a flamer note and if you think it is I am sorry. I only wish to state the true way the Federation would have Starfleet handle the situation. I also want to tell you to update your information on the current technological state of the Federation by using evidence from the latest movies. Finally Galaxy class ships are mainly used for deep space exploration only. Not front line battle. That’s what the newer classes are meant for.

sincerely,
Steven Krashefski

p.s. Since you don’t know I am only 15 years of age and nearly the best student in my ninth grade class. Excuse my French but please don’t bull shit me about the ethical reasons for which the Federation would not use trilithium weapons and time based weapons. War is war and if an interstellar country has the will to survive they will go to any length to ensure their survival.
Wow, he's nearly the best student in his 9th grade class! :lol:

You can tell he sincerely believes these simple-minded arguments will throw me for a loop. He also sent two more:
ou made a mistake on your Revelations On “The Phantom Menace” web page. You stated that the Republic would bring it’s military might on the Trade Federation if it blockaded the planet of Naboo for too long a time or committed any illegal actions against it. At the time the Republic had no official military. The only force that was like a military that they had was the Jedi. Only in Episode II The Attack of the Clones did the Republic officially create an army of the Republic. That meant that the only thing the Republic could do to the Trade Federation was in the legal realm. The Jedi are a powerful force to be dealt with but they are not an army.
And:
Just to let you know I do not worship the Borg and I am not a "trekkie". I like Babylon Five much better. Even though I am a star wars fan I am willing to admit that the Empire would not be successful in taking over the federation and the rest of our futuristic galaxy. The Borg are one major reason why. Here’s my explination.

A lesson on the Borg:

The Borg have ships that are extremely redundant. They have multiple backup systems for every system and although they do not have shields they have a regenerative hull. The ships are also very large and very powerful with many weapons such as the cutting beam and gravimetric torpedo. The Borg cube, the ship I’m talking about, can be equally defended from all directions due to their shape. If you don't know, one Borg cube can take on a whole fleet of federation ships quite easily. If it weren’t for the knowledge that Captain Picard possessed from once being part of the Borg collective the cube sent to assimilate Earth, in Star Trek: First Contact, would have reached Earth and assimilated all the people on Earth and made it a staging are for the assimilation of all the other species in the alpha quadrant that were compatible. Unlike the malons.

If you think that cubes are weak because of Species 8472's ability to easily destroy cubes with single shots think again. The Borg posses a cube variant that is much more powerful than it's predecessor and much larger. This ship is called a tactical cube. It's name says it all, the tactical cube was specifically designed for one thing, and that was to kick the ass of species that pose a potential threat to the collective. The tactical cube also has very thick armor that I don't know the composition of but if it can withstand the blast from a species 8472 bioship then it is extremely strong and very effective at absorbing energy.

You may also think that the Borg would not be able to take on the might of the Empire but take this into account. The Borg have thousands of cubes and tactical cubes along with thousands more smaller ships like spheres. Put it this way. You stated that a federation ship could disable a star destroyer.(this was in one of your battle scenarios) This shows that star destroyers are vulnerable.(especially with their shield generators) A Borg cube would be able to take on a fleet of star destroyers (about 40 of them plus of minus a few) and have a very high chance of destroying the entire fleet. The kill ration that Borg ships would have against star destroyers would probably be about 20-30 star destroyers for every cube. That's only for a regular cube. The kill ration for star destroyers to tactical cubes would probably be around as much as 200 star destroyers for every cube, if you take into account that tactical cubes are many, many times stronger than cubes.

The Borg, being scavengers of alien technology, would no doubt utilize hyper drives when they acquired them. It's not a matter of "if" it's "when" they acquire hyper drive technology and other useful tech from the Empire. As you can see the Borg have a clear tactical advantage over the Empire. Also, given the firepower of a cube the Borg could make quick and easy work of the Empire’s fleet.

You might also think that the Borg would not be able to board a star destroyer or any other imperial ship easily. Well, you are somewhat correct with that. The Borg have the ability to adapt to the weaponry of their enemy by forming personal shields after being exposed to the weapon only several times. Only a few Borg drones need to be shot and the rest of the drones immediately adapt. The storm troopers would soon find their weapons useless against the Borg. The Borg might even adapt so far as to have the drones have the ability to fire back at the storm troopers. You also might argue that the Borg would have trouble transporting through the thick hull of a star destroyer and you may be right. You should take into account the fact that neither you nor I know how powerful Borg transporters are. Therefore the Borg very well could easily beam through the hull of a star destroyer, but this is still an unknown.

I don’t know much about Borg tactics but I do know that they have a tendency to adapt and that they could employ ship to ship combat tactics far more complex or advanced than anything that an Imperial Admiral could come up with. I say this because of how the Borg are a collective. This makes the Borg extremely intelligent. When I say extremely I mean that they are extremely intelligent. Think of the computing power of a human brain. Lets say that each drone has the brain of a human. There are hundreds of billions of drones in the collective. Possible even more. If all of the thought processes of every drone was directed to solving one thing, lets say finding a means of travel fast than hyperspace, the collective would be able to achieve that goal. The collective has the potential of being the most powerful computer ever! Just think of the immensity of that. This means that for whatever new way the Empire created to combat the Borg the Borg would be able to counter everything the Empire does.

I conclude that the Borg would inevitably win in a fight against the Empire. The Federation though, would probably get overrun by the Empire. In that argument you probably have won but in the argument of the Empire controlling the galaxy you are wrong because of the fact that there would be the Borg to deal with. The Borg would not just drive the Empire from the milkyway but would continue the fight on the turf of the Galactic Empire. Given the fact that there are over twenty million different species in the Galactic Empire the Borg would not give up the chance to assimilate them all. The Galactic Empire would be assimilation heaven for the Borg.
I know it's pitiless to heap scorn upon a 9th grader, but when he tells an adult that he is going to give him a "lesson" on all kinds of things that this much more knowledgeable adult is supposedly unaware of, he is expressing enough arrogance to override any such concerns IMO.

However, I don't have the time to educate this long-winded precocious child right now. Perhaps some of you guys can have fun with it, and he can just look at this thread :)
For a time, I considered sparing your wretched little planet Cybertron.
But now, you shall witnesss ... its dismemberment!

"This is what happens when you use trivia napkins for research material"- Sea Skimmer on "Pearl Harbour".
"Do you work out? Your hands are so strong! Especially the right one!"- spoken to Bud Bundy
PackMule
Youngling

Post by PackMule »

:?: He mentions things from your site which means he must have read at least a little bit of it, but he shows no understanding of what he must have read.

Perhaps it would be best to just direct him somewhere, like rather than flaming him. He is only 15 after all.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Ess ... nutes.html
Long Time Lurker, Seldom Poster.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I believe you made a mistake on the problems that the Federation would have assembling a galactic coalition against the Empire. The Romulans would be forced to join the fight if they were ever to achieve the destiny that they believed was for them. They have the belief that they will eventually rule the galaxy. If that was ever to happen then they would have to help the Federation stop the Empire from getting a foothold in the alpha quadrant.
*snort* Where the hell does this come from? Since when do the Rommies have their own version of Manifest Destiny? In any case, the theory is crack-brained. If anything, the Rommies would ally themselves with the Empire in the hopes of gaining massive technological advantages over the other MW civilizations.
Also, the Klingons would be forced to join the fight since the Empire poses a threat to every galactic power and would surely try to conquer the Klingon Empire. Since the Klingons have a strong belief in honor they would have to defend their honor. In fact the whole Klingon culture is based on their strong belief in honor.
The Klingons' retarded sense of honor would, if anything, encourage them to try and oppose the Empire all on their own. Which, of course, would leave them smashed flat.
With the Romulan knowledge of trilithium the coalition could use trilithium based weapons as the ultimate shock and awe tactic.
Just like Shinzon did in Nemesis! Oh wait, he didn't. Trilitium weapons are, for all intents and purposes, a lost technology.
If you have watched Star Trek the Next Generation (the movie not the series) then you should know what trilithium is and it's frightening destructive capabilities.
It's Star Trek GENERATIONS, you crack-brain.
Also, even with out a coalition the Federation could utilize this technology themselves. How they would utilize it is use cloaked ships sent in through the wormhole and these ships would destroy all the solar systems in their operating range which is several thousand light years.
BWAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA!

*gasp*

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHA!

And how long will this little operation of yours take? Months? Years? DECADES? Warp drive compared to hyperspace is like crawling on your hands and knees compared to sprinting.
Even if the ships weren't cloaked they could still do this quite easily. I know you are thinking they wouldn't be able to get through the Empire’s side of the wormhole unless cloaked because of course the Empire would have it blockaded or mined. Well, before the ships came through the Federation could send through large self propelled matter-antimatter bombs with destructive power upwards of 5 gigatons. Which, wouldn't be that hard to make since they already have photon and quantum torpedoes which are based on antimatter. They would just be of much greater size. Once the way was cleared then the ships would be able to get through. Immediately the ships could start their star collapsing spree.
Crack-brained scheme aside, the heavy turrets on a 20-year-old transport at rated at 200 Gigatons per shot. ISDs will be laughing off your little Ultimate Feddie Bombs of Doom.
You're probably thinking that the Empire would be able to just have their ships waiting for the coalition or just Federation ships. Well, the Empire's ships have a major weakness. They only have their sub-light propulsion and hyperdrives. They have no way of reaching a Federation ship in warp. In layman’s terms they can't reach the speeds in-between hyperspace and sub-light speeds which the Federation ships can. They wouldn't be able to catch them with their sub-light engines and would overshoot them with their hyperdrives. The ships of the Federation and all the other major races in the milky way galaxy have the ability to fire when their warp drive is activated.

The inability of a SW ship to copy what a ST ship can do at warp is indeed a weak point, but once again, your reasoning is crack-brained. If an ISD can zip past a feddie ship in hype, then the Empire will quickly be able to hammer Federation worlds while their defense fleets are scurrying to catch up.
The Federation would also have their side of the wormhole mined and blockaded.
*snort*

You really like ignoring precedent, don't you? Since when does the Federation mine and blockade every anomaly it encounters? Traditionally, they start sending drones and ships right into the middle of it. The Empire will hammer them.
Back to the subject of weapons. The Federation could also capture a small craft in the galaxy that the Empire is located in. For example a YT-1300 Corelian Transport (otherwise known as the type of ship the Millennium Falcon is). The Federation could then take the hyperdrive of the ship and assimilate it into their own technology.
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA!

*gasp*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

*gasp*

HAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Just like they reverse engineered transwarp technology in a couple week and mass-produced Datas after studying the plans for a month or so, right? Oh, wait a minute...
Thus the Federation would be able to reach more distant targets like Corusant and the star system where the Empire produces most of their Star Destroyers in which I know for a fact is only one star system. The name happens to be Kuat Drive Yards located in the Kuat system. The destruction of that solar system would be a major economic blow to the Empire.
*snort* KDY has operations in other systems, you crack-brain. Right off the top of my head, I can name Xa Fel from I, Jedi. And besides, it would, in all likelyhood, take your precious Federation DECADES to get a ship to Kuat.
Even if the Empire did overrun the Federation they would have to deal with the highly adaptive Borg Collective, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Star Empire. You may think that the Romulan Star Empire is not a match for the Empire. Well, it is a good enough of a match to be one major pain in the ass to the Empire.
Oh, so now the Borg are joining your happy little alliance, are they?
The Romulans have the most territory and largest fleet out of all the major powers in the alpha quadrant.
WTF? Since when?
Also, the Romulans have extremely good weapons such as the very destructive plasma torpedoes. You may be saying the are slow and degrade over distance but the star destroyers don’t seem to be that all maneuverable.
Considering that the heavy turrets on a 20-year-old transport are 40 times as powerful ar your Ultimate Feddie Bombs of Doom, the Rommie torps will be somewhere between the annoyance level of mosquito and ping-pong ball
You also made on last major mistake. You do not take into account the new technologies and ship designs of the most recent movies Star Trek First Contact, Star Trek Insurrection and Star Trek Nemesis. In that time period the Federation is undergoing a massive renewing of their fleets. They are replacing the older classes with more advanced, extremely maneuverable, and more powerful ships. Such as the Intrepid class, the Sovereign class, the Saber class, the Norway class, and the Akira class.
Which are all outgunned by a 20-year-old transport.
These ships were all designed for only one use. That use is to conduct warfare. All the ships are more advanced than the Galaxy class ship which is as expensive and big ship not designed for war. Also most of the ships are small and relatively easy to produce. The ships are also equipped with not isolinear chips for their computer systems but with bio-neural gel packs which are more effective under combat conditions. Also, the Federation with the research of Professor Mannheim could unleash a terrible weapon on the galaxy the Empire inhabits. They could created a tear in the space time continuum of the galaxy invariably destroying the fabric of space time. That would cause time to be fragmented throughout the Empire’s galaxy. For example, in one area time could be frozen in place and in another time could be traveling backwards and so on.
The Federation does not have the spine required to use such weapons of mass destruction. They'd sooner surrender to the onslaught of Imperial ships pouring through the wormhole from some unknown place that the USS (Name Here) went to investigate, but was destroyed.
I do not wish this to be a flamer note and if you think it is I am sorry. I only wish to state the true way the Federation would have Starfleet handle the situation. I also want to tell you to update your information on the current technological state of the Federation by using evidence from the latest movies. Finally Galaxy class ships are mainly used for deep space exploration only. Not front line battle. That’s what the newer classes are meant for.
I hate to beat a dead horse, but a 20-year-old SW transport would be a better choice for fighting the Empire than any Federation ship.
p.s. Since you don’t know I am only 15 years of age and nearly the best student in my ninth grade class. Excuse my French but please don’t bull shit me about the ethical reasons for which the Federation would not use trilithium weapons and time based weapons. War is war and if an interstellar country has the will to survive they will go to any length to ensure their survival.
"Fight to the last man!"

"But sir, they've taken 95% of our territory and smashed our best ships to peices in less than a week!"

"Erm...do we still have a white flag with us?"
You made a mistake on your Revelations On “The Phantom Menace” web page. You stated that the Republic would bring it’s military might on the Trade Federation if it blockaded the planet of Naboo for too long a time or committed any illegal actions against it. At the time the Republic had no official military. The only force that was like a military that they had was the Jedi. Only in Episode II The Attack of the Clones did the Republic officially create an army of the Republic. That meant that the only thing the Republic could do to the Trade Federation was in the legal realm. The Jedi are a powerful force to be dealt with but they are not an army.
So let me get this straight: you honestly believe that the Trade Federation, a CORPORATION, has hundreds of battle-ready starships and legions of war droids while the Republic has...nothing?

Crack-brained, through and through.
Just to let you know I do not worship the Borg and I am not a "trekkie". I like Babylon Five much better. Even though I am a star wars fan I am willing to admit that the Empire would not be successful in taking over the federation and the rest of our futuristic galaxy. The Borg are one major reason why. Here’s my explination.

A lesson on the Borg:

The Borg have ships that are extremely redundant. They have multiple backup systems for every system and although they do not have shields they have a regenerative hull. The ships are also very large and very powerful with many weapons such as the cutting beam and gravimetric torpedo.
Nothing a Star Destroyer can't handle.
The Borg cube, the ship I’m talking about, can be equally defended from all directions due to their shape. If you don't know, one Borg cube can take on a whole fleet of federation ships quite easily.
One ISD could do it as well, and far better.
If it weren’t for the knowledge that Captain Picard possessed from once being part of the Borg collective the cube sent to assimilate Earth, in Star Trek: First Contact, would have reached Earth and assimilated all the people on Earth and made it a staging are for the assimilation of all the other species in the alpha quadrant that were compatible. Unlike the malons.
Which is why the Borg are fucking stupid. They lose a cube to some folks they were trying to assimilate, then...years later...they send an invasion force of...one cube! The Borg will be squashed like a beetle beneath the boots of the Imperial war machine.
If you think that cubes are weak because of Species 8472's ability to easily destroy cubes with single shots think again. The Borg posses a cube variant that is much more powerful than it's predecessor and much larger. This ship is called a tactical cube. It's name says it all, the tactical cube was specifically designed for one thing, and that was to kick the ass of species that pose a potential threat to the collective. The tactical cube also has very thick armor that I don't know the composition of but if it can withstand the blast from a species 8472 bioship then it is extremely strong and very effective at absorbing energy.
Yeah, so strong, I'd want me a 20-year-old transport to handle 'em!
You may also think that the Borg would not be able to take on the might of the Empire but take this into account. The Borg have thousands of cubes and tactical cubes along with thousands more smaller ships like spheres.
A quote from the EU puts the number of Imperial Star Destroyers at 25,000. There is evidence to suggest that it is much, much higher. The Borg will be smacked.
Put it this way. You stated that a federation ship could disable a star destroyer.(this was in one of your battle scenarios) This shows that star destroyers are vulnerable.(especially with their shield generators)
BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

*gasp*

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAA!

That was a THEORETICAL scenario, crack-brain. And in case you didn't notice, the Star Destroyer in question was disabled by a poorly-plotted hype jump, NOT the Federation.
A Borg cube would be able to take on a fleet of star destroyers (about 40 of them plus of minus a few) and have a very high chance of destroying the entire fleet. The kill ration that Borg ships would have against star destroyers would probably be about 20-30 star destroyers for every cube.
I wonder what leads your crack-addled mind to this conclusion. You wouldn't be trying to equate SW ships with ST ships, would you? Hmmmmm?
That's only for a regular cube. The kill ration for star destroyers to tactical cubes would probably be around as much as 200 star destroyers for every cube, if you take into account that tactical cubes are many, many times stronger than cubes.
*snort* A cube against an ISD would be able to do nothing. A tactical cube against an ISD would be able to.........do......well.....nothing.
The Borg, being scavengers of alien technology, would no doubt utilize hyper drives when they acquired them. It's not a matter of "if" it's "when" they acquire hyper drive technology and other useful tech from the Empire. As you can see the Borg have a clear tactical advantage over the Empire. Also, given the firepower of a cube the Borg could make quick and easy work of the Empire’s fleet.
Stop pulling stuff out of your ass, crack-brain.
You might also think that the Borg would not be able to board a star destroyer or any other imperial ship easily. Well, you are somewhat correct with that. The Borg have the ability to adapt to the weaponry of their enemy by forming personal shields after being exposed to the weapon only several times. Only a few Borg drones need to be shot and the rest of the drones immediately adapt. The storm troopers would soon find their weapons useless against the Borg.
Of course, actual firepower is meaningless against the all-powerful adaptation. Let's the the Borg adapt to a Glop Grenade.
The Borg might even adapt so far as to have the drones have the ability to fire back at the storm troopers.
Just like in First Contact when they...oh, wait...nevermind.
You also might argue that the Borg would have trouble transporting through the thick hull of a star destroyer and you may be right. You should take into account the fact that neither you nor I know how powerful Borg transporters are. Therefore the Borg very well could easily beam through the hull of a star destroyer, but this is still an unknown.
Shields prevent beaming. And before you shoot your crack-brained mouth off again, you have to get THROUGH the shields to get the generators. The Borg are fucked.
I don’t know much about Borg tactics but I do know that they have a tendency to adapt and that they could employ ship to ship combat tactics far more complex or advanced than anything that an Imperial Admiral could come up with. I say this because of how the Borg are a collective. This makes the Borg extremely intelligent. When I say extremely I mean that they are extremely intelligent. Think of the computing power of a human brain. Lets say that each drone has the brain of a human. There are hundreds of billions of drones in the collective. Possible even more. If all of the thought processes of every drone was directed to solving one thing, lets say finding a means of travel fast than hyperspace, the collective would be able to achieve that goal. The collective has the potential of being the most powerful computer ever! Just think of the immensity of that. This means that for whatever new way the Empire created to combat the Borg the Borg would be able to counter everything the Empire does.
Just like that drone we saw in 'Scorpion'. When it failed to assimilate the S8472 bioship, we all saw it promptly...try again. But then it...tried again. And then it...tried again. And then...it tried again. Guess what comes next, crack-brain.
I conclude that the Borg would inevitably win in a fight against the Empire.
Just like their inevitable victory of the Federation, eh? *snort*
The Federation though, would probably get overrun by the Empire. In that argument you probably have won but in the argument of the Empire controlling the galaxy you are wrong because of the fact that there would be the Borg to deal with. The Borg would not just drive the Empire from the milkyway but would continue the fight on the turf of the Galactic Empire. Given the fact that there are over twenty million different species in the Galactic Empire the Borg would not give up the chance to assimilate them all. The Galactic Empire would be assimilation heaven for the Borg.
The Empire would turn Borgland into a shooting gallery long before the Borg could blunder their way into the SW galaxy. You're ignoring the vast speed difference between warp (even transwarp) and hyperspace again, crack-brain.
JADAFETWA
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Re: Steven Krashefski

Post by Stofsk »

Steven Krashefski wrote:I believe you made a mistake on the problems that the Federation would have assembling a galactic coalition against the Empire. The Romulans would be forced to join the fight if they were ever to achieve the destiny that they believed was for them. They have the belief that they will eventually rule the galaxy. If that was ever to happen then they would have to help the Federation stop the Empire from getting a foothold in the alpha quadrant.
Emphasis mine.

Ironically, this is actually in favour of the Romulans remaining at best neutral and at worst working to collaborate with the Empire in it's attempts to conquer the AQ. I doubt the Romulans could bring any technological means to assist Imperial forces, however their knowledge and intelligence (the military term, not the intellectual term) of the galaxy would give a boon to the Imperials.
Also, the Klingons would be forced to join the fight since the Empire poses a threat to every galactic power and would surely try to conquer the Klingon Empire. Since the Klingons have a strong belief in honor they would have to defend their honor. In fact the whole Klingon culture is based on their strong belief in honor.
Apparently this notion of honour allows the Klingons to launch surprise attacks on Cardassia (Way of the Warrior), and disband a treaty that has kept the peace for 80 years (terminating the Treaty of Alliance between themselves and the Federation, also in Way of the Warrior). With friends like these who needs enemies?
With the Romulan knowledge of trilithium the coalition could use trilithium based weapons as the ultimate shock and awe tactic.
And unlike a Trilithium torpedo, which can be shot down, the denizens of the AQ have no planetary shields to withstand a Death Star shot. Hell, they have no shields to withstand a turbolaser shot. But if you want shock and awe you're barracking for the wrong side.
*snip silly plan to use Trilithium against SW stars*
You seem to forget the Imperials are the aggressors here, and that they can arrive in orbit of Earth, Romulas and Qo'nos quicker than the "Coalition" can attempt their mission. Once demonstrating the power of their turbolasers the Federation would give up. Anyone would. Resisting at that point would be insane.
You're probably thinking that the Empire would be able to just have their ships waiting for the coalition or just Federation ships. Well, the Empire's ships have a major weakness. They only have their sub-light propulsion and hyperdrives.
How can faster methods of propulsion be considered a weakness? Have you actually thought about this?
They have no way of reaching a Federation ship in warp.
Why would they need to slow down in order to catch a slow-arse Fed ship when they can just shoot over to the expected destination and wait for them?
They wouldn't be able to catch them with their sub-light engines and would overshoot them with their hyperdrives.
So I guess you know how fast SW ships are in sublight?
The ships of the Federation and all the other major races in the milky way galaxy have the ability to fire when their warp drive is activated.
Can they target stars whilst in warp? Or do they need to slow down in order to make use of their "terrifying" trilithium torpedos?
Of course they will. And the Imperials would be so stupid that they wouldn't mine their side either. Remind me again which one is the aggressive side, and which one the pansy-arse space hippies?
Back to the subject of weapons. The Federation could also capture a small craft in the galaxy that the Empire is located in. For example a YT-1300 Corelian Transport
And how are they going to capture it when such vessels can be on the other side of the galaxy in a couple hours/days, while Fed ships need decades?
(otherwise known as the type of ship the Millennium Falcon is).
Thanks chief. I forgot what the MF was for a second.
The Federation could then take the hyperdrive of the ship and assimilate it into their own technology.
You gotta love Starfleet engineers - they can make rocks out of replicators. Oh wait that's the other way around. Silly me. :oops:
Thus the Federation would be able to reach more distant targets like Corusant and the star system where the Empire produces most of their Star Destroyers in which I know for a fact is only one star system. The name happens to be Kuat Drive Yards located in the Kuat system. The destruction of that solar system would be a major economic blow to the Empire.
How would they be able to destroy it again? Oh wait - trilithium torpedos.

How are they going to fire these torpedos when they get destroyed by the waiting fleet, who have had the time to deploy TIE screens? Oh wait - they can't.
Even if the Empire did overrun the Federation they would have to deal with the highly adaptive Borg Collective,
Who have trouble beating the Federation (BoBW, FC, VOY).
the Klingon Empire
Who discard guns in favour of swords and knives (WotW).
and the Romulan Star Empire.
Who would be the first to welcome the Imperials.
You may think that the Romulan Star Empire is not a match for the Empire. Well, it is a good enough of a match to be one major pain in the ass to the Empire.
Perhaps the Romulans won't fight the Imperials, they'll join them - realising like most sane people that the Imperials can bitchslap the Feddies in three seconds, while holding a can of pepsi in the other hand, after ordering a pizza. The Romulans would be the ones delivering that pizza.
The Romulans have the most territory and largest fleet out of all the major powers in the alpha quadrant.
Ok, now you're just bullshitting. Since when have the Romulans possessed the most territory out of the Big Three? Perhaps the notion of proof crossed your mind at some stage, and you dismissed it as inconvenient?
Also, the Romulans have extremely good weapons such as the very destructive plasma torpedoes. You may be saying the are slow and degrade over distance but the star destroyers don?t seem to be that all maneuverable.
They don't need to be maneuvrable when they have a dozen point-defence turbolasers to shoot down incoming projectiles. Not to mention TIE screens to do this at range. Not to mention long range TLs to shoot down the Warbirds before they can even fire a shot.
*snip Trek fan wanking*
Did it feel good for you, baby? *hands over a tissue*
They could created a tear in the space time continuum of the galaxy invariably destroying the fabric of space time. That would cause time to be fragmented throughout the Empire?s galaxy. For example, in one area time could be frozen in place and in another time could be traveling backwards and so on.
Yeah - wah? Did you forget to take your pills this morning?
I do not wish this to be a flamer note and if you think it is I am sorry.
You're apologising before we even get a chance to flame you? Aw, now I'm feeling bad.
Finally Galaxy class ships are mainly used for deep space exploration only. Not front line battle. That?s what the newer classes are meant for.
That's why the Galaxy Class wasn't upgraded to combat Dominion warfleets during the war in DS9. Oh wait...
PS... War is war and if an interstellar country has the will to survive they will go to any length to ensure their survival.
What are you trying to do, torpedo your own boat? Because war is war the Empire will be free to cut loose with their ISDs. How long do you expect an unshielded Earth to survive a BDZ? If the answer is "Not long at all" you'd be right.
You made a mistake on your Revelations On ?The Phantom Menace? web page. You stated that the Republic would bring it?s military might on the Trade Federation if it blockaded the planet of Naboo for too long a time or committed any illegal actions against it. At the time the Republic had no official military. The only force that was like a military that they had was the Jedi. Only in Episode II The Attack of the Clones did the Republic officially create an army of the Republic. That meant that the only thing the Republic could do to the Trade Federation was in the legal realm. The Jedi are a powerful force to be dealt with but they are not an army.
Except that at the start of TPM we see a Republic naval vessel (I would guess it's nothing more than a cutter or perhaps covette, but I don't know for certain). And who cares about the OR anyway? We were talking about the Imperials, who do have a rather substantial military thank you very much.
Just to let you know I do not worship the Borg and I am not a "trekkie". I like Babylon Five much better.
Yeah, Babylon 5 is super. I like Ivanova as well.
Even though I am a star wars fan I am willing to admit that the Empire would not be successful in taking over the federation and the rest of our futuristic galaxy. The Borg are one major reason why. Here?s my explination.
Someone always brings up the Borg.
A lesson on the Borg:
It's Trekkie Teacher Time with Steve Krashefski!
The Borg have ships that are extremely redundant. They have multiple backup systems for every system and although they do not have shields they have a regenerative hull.
Yes, but do they have a kitchen sink? No? Then how do the Borg brush their teeth? What do you mean they don't?!
The ships are also very large and very powerful with many weapons such as the cutting beam and gravimetric torpedo.
The ISD is also very large and very powerful, with many weapons such as the HTL, the MTL and LTL, not to mention Ion cannons, 6 squads of TIEs including Bombers, Interceptors and standard superiority Fighters.
The Borg cube, the ship I?m talking about, can be equally defended from all directions due to their shape.
So they don't need to turn to face a fleet of ISDs as they offload a single salvo from the HTL batteries, giving the Borg a real bad day.
If you don't know, one Borg cube can take on a whole fleet of federation ships quite easily.
And yet the Borg always send just one cube, and it always gets hammered. Does the thought not occur to you that the Borg are bereft of sound tactical and strategic ability?
If it weren?t for the knowledge that Captain Picard possessed from once being part of the Borg collective the cube sent to assimilate Earth, in Star Trek: First Contact, would have reached Earth and assimilated all the people on Earth and made it a staging are for the assimilation of all the other species in the alpha quadrant that were compatible.
And the fact that Picard and his jolly crew defeated them not suggest to you the Borg are a bunch of incompetent shitstains on the buttocks of the Galaxy?
Unlike the malons.
Who the fuck are the malons?
If you think that the Death Star is weak because of Luke Skywalker's ability to shoot two torpedoes down it's anus with his eyes closed then think again. It's called a frickin' DEATH STAR. The name says it all, the Death Star was specifically designed for one thing, and that was to kick the arse of a species that posed a potential threat to the Pax Imperica (sp?). I could go on, but I hope you see the point.
*snip borg shit*
Starship "Tactics" - Take no evasive maneuvres, as enemy weapons can never hope to scratch the paint - except when they do, at which we will continue standing in one spot. Use tractor beams to halt enemy forces, then cut them apart with the cutting beam, SLOWLY. Fire shield-draining torpedos at enemy ships, rather than ship-destroying torpedos.

Boarding "Tactics" - Beam onboard enemy ships and SLOWLY assault them. Borg drones are impervious to all forms of weapons... except when Worf slices and dices with his pocket knife. Borg are masters of HtH combat, especially when attacking Joe Monkey-wrench who fights like a retard. Borg drones will not defend themselves from attack, as there are always more Borg drones to send over. Except when there isn't. We'll just... uh, send more over to do... stuff. Like borgify people. Of course none of this would work against people wearing armour. Or against someone with a lightsabre and Force powers. Or a kid with a slingshot. Or a bald guy with a holographic Tommy gun. Or Bruce Lee.

Borg "Strategy" - Send one, and only ONE, Borg cube to singlehandedly conquer the Federation. We expect a progress report any day now. Hell, we even sent a second one to give the first one some diet coke - you gotta watch those calories. What's that? Both cubes have been destroyed? La-la-la can't hear you la-la-la. What do you mean we have thousands of cubes that we can send over there and spank the humans? What are you, a fuck head? That would be intelligent, [/i]sensible[/i] and smart. We couldn't possibly do something like that. How would we be able to live up to our reputation as sci-fi's most useless enemy? Who or what is a "Voyager" and why is it screwing around in our space? Oh, it's probably nothing. Waitaminute, what the hell happened to our transwarp hub, it was there a second ago. Oh, probably nothing. Just a glitch in the system. Yes, we experience a lot of those glitches. No, we don't need your help, thankyou. Things have never looked peachier. What's this Species 8472?

:P :wink:
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

Sure, I could use the practice
I believe you made a mistake on the problems that the Federation would have assembling a galactic coalition against the Empire. The Romulans would be forced to join the fight if they were ever to achieve the destiny that they believed was for them. They have the belief that they will eventually rule the galaxy. If that was ever to happen then they would have to help the Federation stop the Empire from getting a foothold in the alpha quadrant. Also, the Klingons would be forced to join the fight since the Empire poses a threat to every galactic power and would surely try to conquer the Klingon Empire. Since the Klingons have a strong belief in honor they would have to defend their honor. In fact the whole Klingon culture is based on their strong belief in honor.
This makes the assumption that the Romulans would willingly join what is clearly going to be the losing side if they have any useful intelligence on the Empire. If they don't have any intelligence, they are far more likely to adopt a wait and see attitude, at which point they will easily be able to tell which side is going to win.
The Klingons are very likely to get involved in the fight for the glory and honor of it, and they will all find the glorious deaths they seek.
With the Romulan knowledge of trilithium the coalition could use trilithium based weapons as the ultimate shock and awe tactic. If you have watched Star Trek the Next Generation (the movie not the series) then you should know what trilithium is and it's frightening destructive capabilities. Also, even with out a coalition the Federation could utilize this technology themselves. How they would utilize it is use cloaked ships sent in through the wormhole and these ships would destroy all the solar systems in their operating range which is several thousand light years. Even if the ships weren't cloaked they could still do this quite easily. I know you are thinking they wouldn't be able to get through the Empire’s side of the wormhole unless cloaked because of course the Empire would have it blockaded or mined. Well, before the ships came through the Federation could send through large self propelled matter-antimatter bombs with destructive power upwards of 5 gigatons. Which, wouldn't be that hard to make since they already have photon and quantum torpedoes which are based on antimatter. They would just be of much greater size. Once the way was cleared then the ships would be able to get through. Immediately the ships could start their star collapsing spree.
The Romulans almost certainly did not have full knowledge of the Trilithium weapon, as evidenced by their efforts to track down Soren.
Even allowing common knowledge of the weapon, you do understand that it would be within the Emppire's capabilities to erect a shield completely encompassing the wormhole, which could not be breached by any force at your Coalition's disposal, don't you? 5 Gigatons is 2.5% of the yield of a single heavy gun on a transport. It would take a thousand of these torpedos to even cause a noticeable flicker in an Imperator class star destroyer's shields. The Empire has demonstrated shields on mobile platforms that eclipse those of their destroyers by a factor of more than a million by the most conservative estimate.
Your assumption that the 5 gigaton warhead(I presume you are referring to the Voyager episode 'Dreadnought', and using the most generous possible interpretation) could be increased in yield is faulty, as we heve never seen evidence of a larger explosive. By your logic, Gigaton range fusion bombs should be able to be produced by current world powers, but we know this is impossible because of various factors involved. Just because you are unaware of possible restrictions does not mean you can assume infinite increase in capability.
Your plan also ignores the fact that the Empire is in a far better position to retaliate against civilian targets, and that your Shock and Awe fleet likely won't reach anything of value for the better part of a year, at which point the war will likely be over. Then there's the fact the the Federation of TNG and later would never condone the destruction of entire systems.

You're probably thinking that the Empire would be able to just have their ships waiting for the coalition or just Federation ships. Well, the Empire's ships have a major weakness. They only have their sub-light propulsion and hyperdrives. They have no way of reaching a Federation ship in warp. In layman’s terms they can't reach the speeds in-between hyperspace and sub-light speeds which the Federation ships can. They wouldn't be able to catch them with their sub-light engines and would overshoot them with their hyperdrives. The ships of the Federation and all the other major races in the milky way galaxy have the ability to fire when their warp drive is activated. The Federation would also have their side of the wormhole mined and blockaded.
All the Empire has to do is place a single vessel of Destroyer grade or better over every planet the Federation has, and threaten to annihilate them if Starfleet fails to surrender. This makes any possible evasive advantage Star Trek has entirely pointless. 'Warp Strafing' has been debunked so many times that it is difficult at best to take you seriously if you are suggesting it could work. I recommend that you read up on the subject before you embarass yourself further.
The Federation's blockade and mines will be brushed aside without effort.
Back to the subject of weapons. The Federation could also capture a small craft in the galaxy that the Empire is located in. For example a YT-1300 Corelian Transport (otherwise known as the type of ship the Millennium Falcon is). The Federation could then take the hyperdrive of the ship and assimilate it into their own technology. Thus the Federation would be able to reach more distant targets like Corusant and the star system where the Empire produces most of their Star Destroyers in which I know for a fact is only one star system. The name happens to be Kuat Drive Yards located in the Kuat system. The destruction of that solar system would be a major economic blow to the Empire.
The automatic assumption of easy reverse engineering of technology is another flashing neon sign declaring that you are new at this. However, I'm going to choose to turn your own argument against you, and point out that speed differential, that you seem to think will make it impossible to come to grips with Trek ships. The most conservative estimates put a good hyperdrive at a thousand times faster than the absolute maximum speed sustainable by Federation ships, which usually threatens to disable the Fed ship within minutes.
So, the Shipyards at Sluis Van, Corellia, Byss, and Bilbringi don't exist now?
Even if the Empire did overrun the Federation they would have to deal with the highly adaptive Borg Collective, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Star Empire. You may think that the Romulan Star Empire is not a match for the Empire. Well, it is a good enough of a match to be one major pain in the ass to the Empire. The Romulans have the most territory and largest fleet out of all the major powers in the alpha quadrant. Also, the Romulans have extremely good weapons such as the very destructive plasma torpedoes. You may be saying the are slow and degrade over distance but the star destroyers don’t seem to be that all maneuverable.
Are you using Star Fleet battles as a debating source? The only instances of the use of the plasma torpedo were in the Original Series to the best of my recollection, and have never been seen on-screen in The Next Generation or later.
The Empire has a firepower advantage of more than a thousand times Star Trek's best weapons, using he most generous possible figures for Trek firepower.
You also made on last major mistake. You do not take into account the new technologies and ship designs of the most recent movies Star Trek First Contact, Star Trek Insurrection and Star Trek Nemesis. In that time period the Federation is undergoing a massive renewing of their fleets. They are replacing the older classes with more advanced, extremely maneuverable, and more powerful ships. Such as the Intrepid class, the Sovereign class, the Saber class, the Norway class, and the Akira class. These ships were all designed for only one use. That use is to conduct warfare. All the ships are more advanced than the Galaxy class ship which is as expensive and big ship not designed for war. Also most of the ships are small and relatively easy to produce. The ships are also equipped with not isolinear chips for their computer systems but with bio-neural gel packs which are more effective under combat conditions. Also, the Federation with the research of Professor Mannheim could unleash a terrible weapon on the galaxy the Empire inhabits. They could created a tear in the space time continuum of the galaxy invariably destroying the fabric of space time. That would cause time to be fragmented throughout the Empire’s galaxy. For example, in one area time could be frozen in place and in another time could be traveling backwards and so on.
Great, so the Federation has more and better ships. They are still horribly outgunned, and outnumbered. Best case for the Federation, they have twelve thousand capital ships. Worst case for the Empire, they have one-point-six million capital ships.
One, one-shot lost technologies are not normally used in debates.
Two, you seem to be using the No Limits fallacy again in assuming that the entire SW galaxy could be affected by Mannheim's Funky time research, especially considering that no federation ship would survive more than thirty seconds after traversing the wormhole.
Three, the wholesale demolition of an entire inhabited galaxy would be anathema to the Federation, even if the effort wasn't impossible in the first place.
You know, its remarkable how many times the Galaxy class has been used for front-line battle if it wasn't intended to be there. Especially since formations of ships in war-time were termed 'Galaxy Wings'.
sincerely,
Steven Krashefski

Oh, I'm sorry, the Federation which jailed one of their own captains for attacking Cardassian ships when there was evidence of Bio weapons is just suddenly going to change the entire way they conduct themselves? People who didn't deploy a potentially devastating weapon against the Borg because of the moral implications are suddely going to cheerfully attempt to murder untold trillions of civilians? Just because you want things to work in your favor doesn't mean its going to happen
You made a mistake on your Revelations On “The Phantom Menace” web page. You stated that the Republic would bring it’s military might on the Trade Federation if it blockaded the planet of Naboo for too long a time or committed any illegal actions against it. At the time the Republic had no official military. The only force that was like a military that they had was the Jedi. Only in Episode II The Attack of the Clones did the Republic officially create an army of the Republic. That meant that the only thing the Republic could do to the Trade Federation was in the legal realm. The Jedi are a powerful force to be dealt with but they are not an army.
Army, hmm, that says absolutely nothing about a navy now does it?
The Republic could easily vote to assemble the individual defense forces of countless worlds to smack down the Trade Federation, and the members would almost certainly go along with it in return fo various economic considerations. Assuming that the Trade Federation had the only armed ships in the galaxy would be an act of stupidity I sincerely hope you aren't commiting.

A lesson on the Borg:

The Borg have ships that are extremely redundant. They have multiple backup systems for every system and although they do not have shields they have a regenerative hull. The ships are also very large and very powerful with many weapons such as the cutting beam and gravimetric torpedo. The Borg cube, the ship I’m talking about, can be equally defended from all directions due to their shape. If you don't know, one Borg cube can take on a whole fleet of federation ships quite easily. If it weren’t for the knowledge that Captain Picard possessed from once being part of the Borg collective the cube sent to assimilate Earth, in Star Trek: First Contact, would have reached Earth and assimilated all the people on Earth and made it a staging are for the assimilation of all the other species in the alpha quadrant that were compatible. Unlike the malons.

You may also think that the Borg would not be able to take on the might of the Empire but take this into account. The Borg have thousands of cubes and tactical cubes along with thousands more smaller ships like spheres. Put it this way. You stated that a federation ship could disable a star destroyer.(this was in one of your battle scenarios) This shows that star destroyers are vulnerable.(especially with their shield generators) A Borg cube would be able to take on a fleet of star destroyers (about 40 of them plus of minus a few) and have a very high chance of destroying the entire fleet. The kill ration that Borg ships would have against star destroyers would probably be about 20-30 star destroyers for every cube. That's only for a regular cube. The kill ration for star destroyers to tactical cubes would probably be around as much as 200 star destroyers for every cube, if you take into account that tactical cubes are many, many times stronger than cubes.

You might also think that the Borg would not be able to board a star destroyer or any other imperial ship easily. Well, you are somewhat correct with that. The Borg have the ability to adapt to the weaponry of their enemy by forming personal shields after being exposed to the weapon only several times. Only a few Borg drones need to be shot and the rest of the drones immediately adapt. The storm troopers would soon find their weapons useless against the Borg. The Borg might even adapt so far as to have the drones have the ability to fire back at the storm troopers. You also might argue that the Borg would have trouble transporting through the thick hull of a star destroyer and you may be right. You should take into account the fact that neither you nor I know how powerful Borg transporters are. Therefore the Borg very well could easily beam through the hull of a star destroyer, but this is still an unknown.

I conclude that the Borg would inevitably win in a fight against the Empire. The Federation though, would probably get overrun by the Empire. In that argument you probably have won but in the argument of the Empire controlling the galaxy you are wrong because of the fact that there would be the Borg to deal with. The Borg would not just drive the Empire from the milkyway but would continue the fight on the turf of the Galactic Empire. Given the fact that there are over twenty million different species in the Galactic Empire the Borg would not give up the chance to assimilate them all. The Galactic Empire would be assimilation heaven for the Borg.
Your assumptions about the Borg's standing as compared to the Galactic Empire is hideously flawed. Just because the Borg can destroy a fleet of Federation starships does not mean that they can effectively engage ships that are individually at least a thousand times more powerful by volume.
For a quick math lesson, one Borg Cube destroyed forty Federation starships, of unspecified classes. One 600 meter Imperial troop transport would be capable of indefinitely surviving the firepower of at least a thousand Federation starships, even assuming that it wasn't killing at least a dozen of its attackers every few seconds. The Empire has at least a million ships with that much firepower available to it.

In conclusion, your ideas are not new, and most of them have been refuted repeatedly, as every Trek debater seems to think that no one could have come up with these ideas before. Read Wong's site, and look at his debate history before you embarass yourself further.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I could've sworn I've already seen these EXACT e-mails, somewhere. Except I think last time he was an eighth grader. Mike, are you sure this is new material, or is he just sending you more gibberish after you ALREADY dismantled him?
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

I believe you made a mistake on the problems that the Federation would have assembling a galactic coalition against the Empire.
Oh yes, they easily gathered all the AQ powers against the Dominion, didn't they?
The Romulans would be forced to join the fight if they were ever to achieve the destiny that they believed was for them. They have the belief that they will eventually rule the galaxy.
Of course. What does a massive technological advantage matter when you have 'belief'. A bunch of African cannibals may believe that they can defeat the entire US Army, but would they win?
If that was ever to happen then they would have to help the Federation stop the Empire from getting a foothold in the alpha quadrant. Also, the Klingons would be forced to join the fight since the Empire poses a threat to every galactic power and would surely try to conquer the Klingon Empire.
Uh, the Klingons and Romulans aren't totally dense, and the Empire wouldn't waste their time trying to conquer them when they could just negotiate a treaty with them!
Since the Klingons have a strong belief in honor they would have to defend their honor. In fact the whole Klingon culture is based on their strong belief in honor.
"Honour" is nothing more than a buzzword in the Klingon Empire. They considered the slaughtering of small, defenseless animals (Tribbles) to be "honourable"!
With the Romulan knowledge of trilithium the coalition could use trilithium based weapons as the ultimate shock and awe tactic. If you have watched Star Trek the Next Generation (the movie not the series) then you should know what trilithium is and it's frightening destructive capabilities.
No, the Romulans OWN some Trilithium, doesn't mean they can make it into a star-deactivating weapon! And by itself, Trilithium is no more powerful than a Photon torpedo - see "Starship Mine".
Also, even with out a coalition the Federation could utilize this technology themselves. How they would utilize it is use cloaked ships sent in through the wormhole and these ships would destroy all the solar systems in their operating range which is several thousand light years.
That might work if every CGT sensor in the Empire was offline for maintenance. Also, "operating range" does not equivalate to being able to transverse that range in any reasonable amount of time!
Even if the ships weren't cloaked they could still do this quite easily.
That might work, if every turbolaser platform in the Empire was offline for maintenance. And if every ISD was being refuelled. And if every TIE was having it's viewport cleaned.
I know you are thinking they wouldn't be able to get through the Empire’s side of the wormhole unless cloaked because of course the Empire would have it blockaded or mined. Well, before the ships came through the Federation could send through large self propelled matter-antimatter bombs with destructive power upwards of 5 gigatons. Which, wouldn't be that hard to make since they already have photon and quantum torpedoes which are based on antimatter. They would just be of much greater size.
"No limits" fallacy. You assume that because the Feds use M/AM reactions in photon torps, they can massively scale it up without any problems. Using your logic, we could make 5 gigaton nukes just because we can make 50 megaton nukes. And if it was such a large target, why wouldn't the Empire just, you know, shoot at it with Ion Cannons or grab it with tractor beams?
Once the way was cleared then the ships would be able to get through. Immediately the ships could start their star collapsing spree.
Assuming your insane little plan even worked, the Feddie starships would be destroyed by the first TL platform or TIE patrol they encountered.
You're probably thinking that the Empire would be able to just have their ships waiting for the coalition or just Federation ships. Well, the Empire's ships have a major weakness. They only have their sub-light propulsion and hyperdrives. They have no way of reaching a Federation ship in warp. In layman’s terms they can't reach the speeds in-between hyperspace and sub-light speeds which the Federation ships can. They wouldn't be able to catch them with their sub-light engines and would overshoot them with their hyperdrives.
Pity the Feddie ships will never get a chance to go into warp - the Empire would just put an Interdictor with the fleet, and concentrate their fire on the wormhole. The crossfire would obliterate any Feddie ship that came out.
The ships of the Federation and all the other major races in the milky way galaxy have the ability to fire when their warp drive is activated.
Too bad phasers don't work at warp, and their torpedos several orders of magnitude too weak to bother the ISDs.
That's not much good when an ISD can just waltz through it, hit as many mines as they want and come out relatively unscathed. Plus, they could just disable the mines with their Ion Cannons.
Back to the subject of weapons. The Federation could also capture a small craft in the galaxy that the Empire is located in. For example a YT-1300 Corelian Transport (otherwise known as the type of ship the Millennium Falcon is). The Federation could then take the hyperdrive of the ship and assimilate it into their own technology.
Of course, like a 17th century blacksmith could dismantle a V12 engine and adapt it for boats!
Thus the Federation would be able to reach more distant targets like Corusant and the star system where the Empire produces most of their Star Destroyers in which I know for a fact is only one star system.
BZZP! WRONG!
The name happens to be Kuat Drive Yards located in the Kuat system. The destruction of that solar system would be a major economic blow to the Empire.
Oh, woe is me! They'd have to make do with the thousands of ISDs (not to mention Executor classes) they already had!
Even if the Empire did overrun the Federation they would have to deal with the highly adaptive Borg Collective, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Star Empire. You may think that the Romulan Star Empire is not a match for the Empire. Well, it is a good enough of a match to be one major pain in the ass to the Empire. The Romulans have the most territory and largest fleet out of all the major powers in the alpha quadrant.
When did we hear of this?
Also, the Romulans have extremely good weapons such as the very destructive plasma torpedoes. You may be saying the are slow and degrade over distance but the star destroyers don’t seem to be that all maneuverable.
That hardly matters when they're still too weak to do anything!
You also made on last major mistake. You do not take into account the new technologies and ship designs of the most recent movies Star Trek First Contact, Star Trek Insurrection and Star Trek Nemesis. In that time period the Federation is undergoing a massive renewing of their fleets. They are replacing the older classes with more advanced, extremely maneuverable, and more powerful ships. Such as the Intrepid class, the Sovereign class, the Saber class, the Norway class, and the Akira class. These ships were all designed for only one use. That use is to conduct warfare.
Wrong! Again! Stop spouting Trekkie doctrine already!
Also most of the ships are small and relatively easy to produce. The ships are also equipped with not isolinear chips for their computer systems but with bio-neural gel packs which are more effective under combat conditions.
Oh no, they have bio-neural gel packs! The Empire is doomed! Also, Voyager was the only ship shown to have those.
Also, the Federation with the research of Professor Mannheim could unleash a terrible weapon on the galaxy the Empire inhabits. They could created a tear in the space time continuum of the galaxy invariably destroying the fabric of space time. That would cause time to be fragmented throughout the Empire’s galaxy. For example, in one area time could be frozen in place and in another time could be traveling backwards and so on.
No limits fallacy. Again.
I do not wish this to be a flamer note and if you think it is I am sorry.
"Lamer" note would be more accurate!
I only wish to state the true way the Federation would have Starfleet handle the situation.
By making up weapons of mass destruction based upon an unstable technology only once ever used? Of course!
I also want to tell you to update your information on the current technological state of the Federation by using evidence from the latest movies. Finally Galaxy class ships are mainly used for deep space exploration only. Not front line battle. That’s what the newer classes are meant for.
If you'd kindly remove your head from Roddenberry's rectum, you'd see that they are designed for battle - see "Conundum".
sincerely, Steven Krashefski

p.s. Since you don’t know I am only 15 years of age and nearly the best student in my ninth grade class.
LOL, if you're going to appeal to authority, you might at least claim something that sounds impressive!
Excuse my French but please don’t bull shit me about the ethical reasons for which the Federation would not use trilithium weapons and time based weapons. War is war and if an interstellar country has the will to survive they will go to any length to ensure their survival.
Sure, whatever. BTW, do you know Ted Rogers or Byron McFarlane?
harbringer
Padawan Learner

Post by harbringer »

Ok Just some problems you might have...

1) There is no evidence what so ever for a coalition. That would be like expecting the Arab world to unite with the Israelis.

2) Star trek warp drives use sub-space manipulation, StarWars has subspace sensors and scanners. You cannot hide, run or stop a Star Destroyer it will find you track you and reduce you to slag.

3) The Borg have some serious issues with high velocity lead poisoning or even a knife. Their shielding has problems with high damage weapons or why do the species 8479 weapons work so well against them. Frequency only works with something the shield might stop at full power.

4) Given the effects of a Ion cannon on a star destroyer it might even short out all those nanoprobes stopping all regeneration.

5) Even if all the above isn't correct you still can't bring down the shields on a Star Destroyer.

It would be nice if Star trek had a hope but they don't. Do not delude yourself and give in to the dark side and see the truth Star Wars will win.
"Depending on who you talk to, a mercenary can be anything from a savior to the scum of the universe. On the Wolf's Dragoons world of Outreach, the Mercenary's Star, we know what a merc really is - a business man." - Wolf's Dragoons, Outreach (Merc World mag. 3056)
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I don't have anything to add, you ripped him apart well, consquence, no more practice for you, your deadly :P

9th year old?! I could rip him apart, and i'm below him.

I can summerize it within a few sentences

"The Federation would get everyone to work together (Forgetting they all hate the feddies), and somehow manage to coordinatate everthing within days. Then they would pass into the SW galaxy, evade all the ISD's, and reach their range limits in seconds, then sabatoge the Empire's factories, and take over their space ships. Forgetting that their max range, if the portal is in the rim, barely allows them to reach the inner rim, far from Kuat or any other major ship yard..

Then for some reason, the Borg decide to help, and suddenly they can reach the entire galaxy within seconds (again), and survive 200GT (min) shots and assrape the Empire"

Sure, Steven, the Federation is god, and your a idiot.[/i]
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Ma Deuce
Sith Marauder

Post by Ma Deuce »

Stofsk wrote:Who the fuck are the malons?
The Malons were a race of villians (well, sorta villians) from Voyager's 4th and 5th season, whose particular matter/antimatter power generation techniques required them to dump massive ammounts radioactive waste in deep space. Many of the crewers who worked on the waste freighters died of radiation poisoning after only a few waste disposal runs, but their families were payed handsomly for their sacrifice. According to the last episode where we saw them, a loaded medium waste freighter exploding could irradiate everything within 3 light years.
The M2HB: The Greatest Machinegun Ever Made.
HAB: Crew-Served Weapons Specialist

"Making fun of born-again Christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle and scope." --P.J. O'Rourke

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." --J.S. Mill
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

The stupidity was so pervasive that my eyes just started sliding off the page —especially through his Borg skippy-whip.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

AdmiralKanos wrote:I know it's pitiless to heap scorn upon a 9th grader
Why is that? If one of us thinks he/she is ready for this sort of debate, then he/she should be ready for the consequences as well.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

YT300000 wrote:
Why is that? If one of us thinks he/she is ready for this sort of debate, then he/she should be ready for the consequences as well.
Most people have no idea that people can be so involved in this sort of debate, Star Trek vs. Star Wars is not abortion, religion, or the War in Iraq.
Milites Astrum Exterminans
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Kamakazie Sith wrote:
YT300000 wrote:
Most people have no idea that people can be so involved in this sort of debate, Star Trek vs. Star Wars is not abortion, religion, or the War in Iraq.
But why 9th graders in particular, especially one who has decided to take up this debate?

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

YT300000 wrote:
Yes, by all means, they should be ready for me. :twisted:
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

consequences wrote:
YT300000 wrote:
Yes, by all means, they should be ready for me. :twisted:
:lol:

Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

Ace Pace wrote:I can summerize it within a few sentences

"The Federation would get everyone to work together (Forgetting they all hate the feddies), and somehow manage to coordinatate everthing within days. Then they would pass into the SW galaxy, evade all the ISD's, and reach their range limits in seconds, then sabatoge the Empire's factories, and take over their space ships. Forgetting that their max range, if the portal is in the rim, barely allows them to reach the inner rim, far from Kuat or any other major ship yard..

Then for some reason, the Borg decide to help, and suddenly they can reach the entire galaxy within seconds (again), and survive 200GT (min) shots and assrape the Empire"

Sure, Steven, the Federation is god, and your a idiot.[/i]
You forgot to add: "And in a buzzing galaxy-covering civilization they automatically find the centre of it all. Not a sector capital, not one of the other important planets but Coruscant. And that without even needing to ask for the way."
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
J
Kaye Elle Emenopey

Post by J »

"ultimate shock and awe tactic"...the boy is confused...surely he means the Deathstar or did he happen to miss episodes IV & VI? I suppose it's possible since he's only 15, maybe he's just too young and missed them all but I find that hard to believe since Star Wars comes on TV on a regular basis.
This post is a 100% natural organic product.
The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects

I'm not sure why people choose 'To Love is to Bury' as their wedding song...It's about a murder-suicide
- Margo Timmins

When it becomes serious, you have to lie
- Jean-Claude Juncker
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Jawawithagun wrote:
You forgot to add: "And in a buzzing galaxy-covering civilization they automatically find the centre of it all. Not a sector capital, not one of the other important planets but Coruscant. And that without even needing to ask for the way."
For his sake, lets assume that when they theorecticly take over a ship, they will magicly acess the computer, instantly understand the language, and fine Coruscant

:P
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Ace Pace wrote: For his sake, lets assume that when they theorecticly take over a ship, they will magicly acess the computer, instantly understand the language, and fine Coruscant
Don't forget reverse-engineering a better hyperdrive than anything the SW galaxy has to offer after a few hours' work. :D
JADAFETWA
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Damn, those are some long-ass posts. :shock:

Okay, this kid needs to learn when he's in over his head. Did anyone direct him to this thread?
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darth Wong
Sith Lord
Sith Lord

Post by Darth Wong »

I haven't done so yet, but any of you can feel free. His E-mail is Omicron2373@yahoo.com
"It's not evil for God to do it. Or for someone to do it at God's command."- Jonathan Boyd on baby-killing

"you guys are fascinated with the use of those "rules of logic" to the extent that you don't really want to discussus anything."- GC

"I do not believe Russian Roulette is a stupid act" - Embracer of Darkness

"Viagra commercials appear to save lives" - tharkûn on US health care.

http://www.stardestroyer.net/Mike/RantMode/Blurbs.html
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

AdmiralKanos wrote:With the Romulan knowledge of trilithium the coalition could use trilithium based weapons as the ultimate shock and awe tactic.
Where to start?

They never got trilithium starkillers of their own.

Shock and awe is something else, it requires massively overwhelming force, something the rommies lack.. This is much more akin to the 9/11 attacks...

I could go on, but won't.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Maybe I should dare to write him a mail, baiting him to write me his mumbo-jumbo..... :twisted:
Techno_Union
Jedi Council Member

Post by Techno_Union »

I am quite sure that he is forgetting that the Empire has quantum crystalline armor (sp) that can withstand a supernova. Would it be possible to equip docks (Fondor, Kuat, Rendilli, ect) with this armor so it can withstand the supernova? The only problem could be the chunks of planetoids flying towards these stations but I am sure that can be taken care of. But this guy does ignore the pitifully slow warp drive and how it would take years to get to a mid or Core world.

All I have to say towards the 5 gigton super bomb...ROTFLMAO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: 5 gigiton, thats a good one...oh he's serious :?
Proud member of GALE Force.