What the hell are the Voth?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

FireNexus
Cookie

What the hell are the Voth?

Post by FireNexus »

I keep hearing everyone drop the Voth's name, yet I have no clue who they are. Could someone please fill me in. I probably SHOULD know it, but I sure as hell don't...
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
septesix
Padawan Learner

Post by septesix »

Check the Voyger epsiode "Distant Origin"

One more great concept ruined by the stupid ST:VOY writer, it could have been much more!

Anyway, Voth are Dinosaurs that somehow developed spaceflight before the extiction 65 millions ago. Right now they go around Delta quarduant as if no one else matters, but they genearlly keep to themselves.

Capabiltiy in question included persoanl phase cloaking tech even in civilian hands (used by two acadmeic researcher). Ships that can travel hundreds of light years in minutes or less. transporters that can snatch the whole Voyeger, and city ship(s) that have an internal space that totally swallow the whole VOY and still have plenty of space left to do that more. pretty advance computer technology that can crack/invade and take control VOY's system in a mattter of minutes. and other stuff I can't remember.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What the hell are the Voth?

Post by Enlightenment »

FireNexus wrote:I keep hearing everyone drop the Voth's name, yet I have no clue who they are. Could someone please fill me in. I probably SHOULD know it, but I sure as hell don't...
The Voth are one of the most powerful non-God races ever to appear on Star Trek. They appeared in one episode of Voyager (for the purpose of making a heavyhanded swipe at creationism) and were never seen again.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
FireNexus
Cookie

heh...

Post by FireNexus »

Stupid me. I remember them, I just didn't know the name. Thanks. :)
I had a Bill Maher quote here. But fuck him for his white privelegy "joke".

All the rest? Too long.
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Hehe, I'd like to see them take on the Borg. Numbers against technology.
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

I think they've already taken on the Borg, and kicked ass! Or at least made the Borg realize it's not worth it.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Did they? I'm not a big Voyager fan so I have never gone back through the episodes.