DITL's Graham Kennedy...

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

darth_timon
Padawan Learner

DITL's Graham Kennedy...

Post by darth_timon »

... Has passed away aged 50. I know his positions were often the opposite of many members of this site, but to die at what is a young age is tragic for his family and loved ones, and I hope they find peace and solace in the weeks and months ahead.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: DITL's Graham Kennedy...

Post by Lord Revan »

Any idea what did he die from?

Yeah we might not have agreed with him but still 50 is far too young of an age to die in and truly tragic.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

I gather it was complications from cancer, which I would not wish upon my worst enemy.
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Shame. My grandmother died of alzheimers and it was a slow and cruel death. Wouldn't wish anything like cancer on anyone
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

I enjoyed reading "Portal" even though Kennedy's fan fic was lambasted here. It was a guilty pleasure even though I know the UFP wouldn't beat the Empire.

His site was informative even if somewhat speculative. Rest in peace.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Greatly missed. DITL was a great resource for all things Star Trek. :(
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Sorry to hear. I hardly visit here anymore and that's two premature deaths of one-time board personalities in one day I hear about. Sad
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024