Well this brings back memories [ST v SW elsewhere on the internet]

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Well this brings back memories [ST v SW elsewhere on the internet]

Post by Surlethe »

A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: Well this brings back memories [ST v SW elsewhere on the internet]

Post by Rogue 9 »

Eh, what the hell. One Imperial Smackdown coming up. :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Ghetto edit: That website's platform fucking sucks. Other people get to rewrite what you say.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2018-05-30 09:59pm Eh, what the hell. One Imperial Smackdown coming up. :lol:
Ah, you mean one Feddie beatdown, right? ;)
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Q99 wrote: 2018-06-27 11:43am
Rogue 9 wrote: 2018-05-30 09:59pm Eh, what the hell. One Imperial Smackdown coming up. :lol:
Ah, you mean one Feddie beatdown, right? ;)
Nah, they're a bunch of fucktards. It's gotten boring at this point; there's only so much point blank refusal to consider evidence that I can take. :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

I mean, it's seriously down to this:

:lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Sgt_Artyom
Youngling

Post by Sgt_Artyom »

That site is horrible. The comments hidden underneath layers of comments and further down just makes it down right terrible to try and read.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Sgt_Artyom wrote: 2018-06-27 09:42pm That site is horrible. The comments hidden underneath layers of comments and further down just makes it down right terrible to try and read.
Yeah, and the branching thread nature of it makes it damn near impossible to find conversations that you're not currently getting notifications for. I get what they're trying to do with the format, but it doesn't make for good discussion.

Speaking of Alderaan and its fucking obvious planetary shield, are there any currently canon secondary sources for its existence? The effect is obvious in the movie, but these idiots keep trying to pass off the glow as the atmosphere vaporizing or ionizing or what have you while the clouds remain undisturbed right up until the planet comes apart.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

:lol: Oh my God, they're now insisting that the magnetic field that the Rebels passed through on their way to attack the Death Star at Yavin was containing an atmosphere. I just can't. :D
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Why the everloving fuck would they keep an atmosphere around the Death Star?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

He pulled the entry on magnetic fields from some newcanon reference book, which says they're used to contain atmospheres and then notes in another paragraph that both Death Stars had unusually large magnetic fields. Therefore, since atmosphere is contained by magnetic fields, all magnetic fields contain atmospheres, which is evidently an absolute canon statement that I cannot dispute. :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Why is the DS even involved?
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Q99 wrote: 2018-07-01 10:51am Why is the DS even involved?
It came from the idea that Han exclaiming that a thousand ships with more firepower than he's ever seen couldn't destroy Alderaan means that Star Wars vessels are weak. Alderaan and its shield came in because I countered that of course the Imperial Starfleet couldn't reduce Alderaan, a major world with a planetary shield, to rubble in a few hours but that doesn't mean they're weaker than the Federation, which was attacked both on the grounds of Alderaan supposedly not having a shield and the idea that the trip from Tatooine to Alderaan in fact took several days to weeks.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Even whether or not it has a shield seems pretty irrelevant to me- a shield's power is going to be piddly next to that needed for planet boom.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Q99 wrote: 2018-07-01 05:58pm Even whether or not it has a shield seems pretty irrelevant to me- a shield's power is going to be piddly next to that needed for planet boom.
True enough, and it clearly was because it was overcome in a fraction of a second, but it would contribute to Han's disbelief that the Empire could have been behind Alderaan's destruction. You can see the subthread for yourself if you want to see how that came in.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

LOL. Apparently it's canon that X-wings can only move 1100 km/hour, so the magnetic field that they pass through in the opening stages of the Battle of Yavin cannot be its apparent distance from the Death Star because they'd be too slow to cover the intervening distance in time. This is, of course, ridiculous because said X-wings also traveled around the orbital circumference of Yavin, which is canonically larger than Jupiter, in a useful amount of time.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

As we all know, spaceships have a maximum speed.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Esquire wrote: 2018-07-04 09:17am As we all know, spaceships have a maximum speed.
NOT!

Weep for the future, Na'Toth. Weep for us all.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

U.P. Cinnabar wrote: 2018-07-04 10:08am
Esquire wrote: 2018-07-04 09:17am As we all know, spaceships have a maximum speed.
NOT!

Yep. Doesn't help that the only active moderator is on the Trekkies' side. He cracks down on me any time a claim might possibly be read as commentary rather than a rigorous intellectual argument, but they get to comment on me as much as they want. :roll:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

NOT!
Can't fool me, I played X-Wing Alliance, top speed for an X-Wing is 100.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2018-07-04 02:10pm
NOT!
Dump all the shield and weapon power into the engines and you can hit 150. :lol:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2018-07-04 02:10pm
NOT!
"Mr. Barrett, my high-school physics and chem teacher" wrote:100 what ? Elephants?
🤣
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2018-07-04 02:07pm
NOT!

Yep. Doesn't help that the only active moderator is on the Trekkies' side. He cracks down on me any time a claim might possibly be read as commentary rather than a rigorous intellectual argument, but they get to comment on me as much as they want. :roll:
Eh, I made some basically pro Trek claims (on fleet size, which I view as very basic for a ‘who’d win in space?’ versus) that the mod is sitting on. I don’t really know what their angle is.

I do think with Disney canon, it’s a better fight than it has been for some time, and it’s not all SW after all, the Rebellion has a pretty puny fleet all in all.