Star Trek vs. Star Wars tactical challenge.

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: Star Trek vs. Star Wars tactical challenge.

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Given the absolute equality of forces, Vader and his Force abilities may be the clinching element, especially since no Star Trek Captain has anything comparable to call on.

Consider if you will Vader agreeing to travel to the Fed ship to "negotiate." Out comes the lightsaber and it's game over.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

"I have altered the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

--said Vader to Riker, as he stands over Picard's cooling corpse
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Eternal_Freedom wrote: 2018-03-09 06:19pm Given the absolute equality of forces, Vader and his Force abilities may be the clinching element, especially since no Star Trek Captain has anything comparable to call on.

Consider if you will Vader agreeing to travel to the Fed ship to "negotiate." Out comes the lightsaber and it's game over.
Well, you can somewhat approximate the telepathic abilities with a Betazed, for example, though its less versatile, and lacks the long-term precognitive element.

In a close-quarters fight... the only person working for Starfleet who I think would stand a snowball's chance in hell would be Odo. And even then, my money's on Vader.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-03-07 04:15pm So there is at least a possibility that he could accomplish his objectives without a shot fired against someone like Picard, simply by outmaneuvering Picard diplomatically?

Mind you, Picard is probably the most formidable opponent in the diplomatic arena, and he is a man of principle- if he figures out what the Empire really is, he won't bend (though Thrawn is less obviously evil than many Imperial officers).
Yes, unless Q is forcing them to fight, they can resolve this peacefully, achieving a win-win scenario. Thrawn's hand is only forced when his objective is to destroy the enemy. That's not his objective here, his objective is to acquire the alien technology.

This might even be more fortuitous for him, as investigation and research are Starfleet's main strength. If the Emperor tells him to kill Picard's people afterwards so that only they have the tech, he'll do so, but he'll have no reason to until that happens, or if he feels that he is under threat.