1. prove it.1. We can see it much more than a 1000 km away from Yavin.
2. In this very thread you have lied several times.
3. Ok, sure.
4. Question. Can you go one comment without attacking Wong, or dismissing my comments because they're sourced by Wong, or other shit like that. If you hate the man so much, maybe you shouldn't be on this site.
2. prove it.
3. got it? good.
4. even without my math mistake, I have probably cast enough doubt on his calculations to prove my point. I can straight up prove that he lied on his pages at least twice, one by omission. and I can definitely prove bias. that is the easiest one, TBH, since his site was created just to piss off trekkies in the first place. that much is obvious just by his choice of words on almost every page. I could explain it to you in detail, but you don't want to hear it. its not that I hate wong, hes just not a reliable source for SW stuff. especially since almost all of his stuff is now non canon and has been for well over a decade.
1. The BDZ thing.
2. They were not heavy turbolasers. They might have been light, they might have been PDLs.
3. The rule by fear thing explictly started in ANH.
4. On the previous thread, where I had a wong article with canon sources, and you insisted it was sourced from the Star Wars Visual Dictionary.
5. Droid Trifighters. Droid brains that control ships, and manuever very quickly on their own. Not the Roger Roger droids.
6. . They aren't fired at that range not because they can't do damage, but because the other ships will dodge.
7. That might be an honest misunderstanding. The malevolence is much smaller and faster than a planet.
1. first of all, whats the time frame? thats why that article isn't nearly equal to on screen examples. with on screen examples, we can actually judge firepower somewhat. given enough time, the millennium falcon could do the same thing. and thats not a BDZ. the current canon version is simple population extermination. it doesn't go as far as the old definition.
2. in other words, you don't know. and we have never seen PDLs that big. if they were PDLs they would be able to at least track the TIE to get a bead on it. they didn't.
3. the "rule by fear" existed long before the events of ANH. ever watched SWR? point proven. most planets were terrified of the ISDs when they came into orbit.
4. "Mike Wong wrote:
Turbolasers fire intense blasts of energy at their targets. There is some debate as to whether turbolasers are lasers or some sort of particle-beam weapon such as a plasma cannon (either function would be consistent with the word "turbolaser"). The SWVD states that blasters and turbolasers "use high-energy gas as ammunition, activated by a power cell and converted into plasma. blah blah" the swvd was written in 1998 and was created for the old EU. as of 4/24/14 is is legends. that is from the article that YOU posted and stated by wong himself. you even repeated that section at least once. ill wait for your apology for calling me a liar.
5. the "roger roger" droids are the ones that control the capital ships like the malevolence. the tri-fighters had no relevance whatsoever to weapons range. and you didn't even mention tri-fighters until this thread. you didn't mention them at all in the last thread. you just kept trying to convince me that the malevolence was controlled by a droid brain. when I called bullshit, you switched to "a cyborg with inhumanly fast reflexes" aka Grievous. except that he wasn't the one controlling the ship. the "roger roger" battle droids were.
6. you keep telling yourself that. whatever floats your boat. if you wanna look like an idiot, you go right ahead.
7. and the only time we have seen anybody fire at the planet was from orbit. and even then they couldn't aim worth a damn. they had to blanket the area to hit the target at all.
8. this one. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARR0RPrr_rg&t=25s[/youtube]