Kanan and Jake Sisko avoid fire

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Kanan and Jake Sisko avoid fire

Post by FaxModem1 »

On planet X, Kanan Jarrus and Jake Sisko are on opposite ends of a football field. On Kanan's end, he is trying to reach the opposite end while avoiding Star Destroyer orbital bombardment. On the opposite end, Jake Sisko is trying to reach the opposite end while avoiding Klingon artillery.

Whoever does will have all injuries healed by Q, and sent back to their home, unharmed. Is either side able to score a touchdown?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: Kanan and Jake Sisko avoid fire

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yeah, no one even bothered to comment on the ridiculous showing of turbolasers in the Rebels finale.

I'd like to rationalize it as the main turbolasers struck the shields while "flakburst" light turbolasers went "MIRV" and just scattered bolts in the area around the base to prevent escapees or knock people off their bikes or whatever.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Yeah, no one even bothered to comment on the ridiculous showing of turbolasers in the Rebels finale.

All together, kids: "doesn't count! Variable power settings! Look at the asteroids trekfarts!"
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Yeah, no one even bothered to comment on the ridiculous showing of turbolasers in the Rebels finale.

All together, kids: "doesn't count! Variable power settings! Look at the asteroids trekfarts!"
QED fuckmothers don't steal daddy's car! GO TO SLEEP!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Hey, maybe Klingon artillery has variable settings too, and can be set from "Chase panicked civilian" to "Blow up city".

In seriousness, Kanan's driving around multiple turbolaser blasts annoyed me when I watched the episode, so I made this thread in fun.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Does BOP fire count artillery? I seem to remember some ridiculously low powered shots at "God" with Kirk in close proximity. If this is what Jake Sisko is up against, I think he can make it depending on who's on the gunnery station. With Klaa and his crew at the helm, not only does Sisko survive, he makes it completely unscathed.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Darth Lucifer wrote:Does BOP fire count artillery? I seem to remember some ridiculously low powered shots at "God" with Kirk in close proximity. If this is what Jake Sisko is up against, I think he can make it depending on who's on the gunnery station. With Klaa and his crew at the helm, not only does Sisko survive, he makes it completely unscathed.
No, what's being referred to is Klingon Mortar fire in 'Nor the Battle to the Strong' where Jake and Bashir fall under attack while trying to get supplies from a runabout.

The practical effects used around the actors were understandably rather small for their safety. But not impressive from analysis point of view. (just like any shows really. See Sg-1 and orbital bombardment scene sometimes,)
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Darth Lucifer wrote:Does BOP fire count artillery? I seem to remember some ridiculously low powered shots at "God" with Kirk in close proximity.
I'd imagine the God-killing torpedo shots were dialed down for Kirk's sake, danger close and all that.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

FaxModem1 wrote:On planet X, Kanan Jarrus and Jake Sisko are on opposite ends of a football field. On Kanan's end, he is trying to reach the opposite end while avoiding Star Destroyer orbital bombardment. On the opposite end, Jake Sisko is trying to reach the opposite end while avoiding Klingon artillery.

Whoever does will have all injuries healed by Q, and sent back to their home, unharmed. Is either side able to score a touchdown?
At some point, Kanan and Jake pass each other, and both have to deal with being bombarded by two enemies simultaneously? :)

But anyway, Kanan wins. Jedi beats kid reporter.

Edit: Presuming the kid reporter isn't Spiderman, anyway. :wink:
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Makers of visual SF don't *get* weapons scale, pretty often.
FedRebel
Jedi Master

Post by FedRebel »

Q99 wrote:Makers of visual SF don't *get* weapons scale, pretty often.
...and a 15 minute CGI cartoon makes it even more of a challenge

I'm inclined to believe the 10 Teraton per shot heavies were focused on the base shield, while offscreen the light turbos indiscriminately fired on the surface to flush the Rebels under the shield (reducing the Rebels defensive footprint and giving the ground force a better strategic position.)

On the Trek end, Klingon mortars are likely designed to maim rather than kill, "optimistically" to flush enemies into the open to be fought in 'glorious' Bat'leth combat

God slaying torps with low yield, perhaps Klingon torps use iron casing and an anti-iron warhead....deities tend to have an..."allergy" to iron, so minimum yield was quite enough to end..whatever the Hell that thing was (Shatner ever float that it was meant to actually be Yahweh?)

On the issue of Torps, Voyager fired five torps into a Trabe ship which was in the middle of a dense city....nothing happened