Single Star Destroyer vs. Sacrifice of Angels

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Re: Single Star Destroyer vs. Sacrifice of Angels

Post by DarthPooky »

just to throw my 2 cents in, after looking at canon examples of turbolaser firepower, at least the quantifiable ones, compared to their hull/armor quality, and then looking at star trek, I have no choice but to conclude that the ISD is gonna get wrecked, and badly. TBH, I have never believed the numbers in the now defunct and totally non canon ICS, and have never seen turbolasers put out anywhere near that kind of energy. on the other hand, we have seen star trek weapons wreak havoc on a planet, vaporize a hull material 21.4 times (according to star trek canon) harder than diamond, with ranges that are reserved for non conventional weapons in star wars. even their hand phasers are capable of vaporizing an average human adult. that takes at least 3Gw. even with phasers set to drill and while not at full power, the enterprise was able to drill to within a few kilometers of the core of an M-class planet. that takes thousands of terawatts, minimum. much more than what I have seen estimated on
Go watch the asteroid vaporization scene from The Empire Strikes Back.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Re: Single Star Destroyer vs. Sacrifice of Angels

Post by Q99 »

DarthPooky wrote: Go watch the asteroid vaporization scene from The Empire Strikes Back.
And then consider that an ISD is covered with guns that big and bigger.