The Federation gets a CIS Droid Factory for the Dominion War (RAR!)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Zor
Sith Acolyte

The Federation gets a CIS Droid Factory for the Dominion War (RAR!)

Post by Zor »

This scenario starts one day in the Clone Wars aboard a modified Lucrehulk class freighter. Said freighter is manned by a crew of Neimoidian spacers and engineers but unlike many of it's counterparts it is neither a warship or a troop transport. Instead it's internal volume is dedicated mostly to ore processing and manufacturing space, in particular the production of B1 Battle Droids, Vulture Droids and E-5 Blasters for the CIS Army. At peak capacity it can produce twenty five thousand, thirty and 250,000 of each a day respectively. It's munching away at asteroids one day between shipments when a Republic ship comes and attacks them, doing a fair bit of damage to their engines before they can jump to hyperspace. Normally such a jump would destroy them leaving a trail of molten slag tumbling through interstellar space, but by some fluke they survive mostly intact if transported to another universe, even if their hyperdrive has been totally totaled and while some of their equipment can be repurposed to make spare parts the life support and manufacturing systems they lack the specialized gear for making hyperdrive cores.

Fortunately their is a nearby inhabited star system and they're able to use their soul hyperdrive outfitted shuttle to reach it and get help. The system was inhabited by near-humans known as 'Vulcans' who are glad to offer assistance (towing the station to their system), even if the Naval forces of something called "Starfleet" are a bit wary as out and out war with between their Federation and a civilization called The Klingon Empire has broken out and their are fears about an even more powerful civilization called "the Dominion". The Neimoidians, stranded and far from home but able to see an opportunity for profit (and well away from Bactoid's and the Xi Charrian's legal departments) offers their services to the Federation by providing them with a steady supply of combat droids and small arms. Fearing the worst could come Starfleet quickly hammers out a deal with them and in a week's time the first shipment of Blasters, Battle Droids (painted in black and red to replicate the pattern of Federation uniforms) and Droid Starfighters (bearing Starfleet Insignia) are delivered.

What happens?

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/ind
http://zortropolis.myminicity.com/tra
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Re: The Federation gets a CIS Droid Factory for the Dominion War (RAR!)

Post by Darth Lucifer »

I see this going badly for the Dominion if the Vultures can be deployed by Starfleet in sufficient quantity. Don't they have anti-capitial ship weapons?

Meanwhile, the Ferengi see that there's a new player in the game and the more shrewd members of the business community make plans to broker some sort of deal or alliance, because the potential for profit is too great to ignore.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Darth Lucifer wrote:I see this going badly for the Dominion if the Vultures can be deployed by Starfleet in sufficient quantity. Don't they have anti-capitial ship weapons?
I think mostly just blasters.

And the Federation doesn't really have carriers....

Still, have cargo vessels dump them in defense of every world and give another speedbump to slow things down. They... actually kinda suck next to Feddie Runabouts and such, but might as well supplement other defenders. Hey, ramming should be helpful...
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

CIS Droid Starfighters can carry warheads.

If they can't get Star Wars level warheads, slap a few Photon Torpedoes on them, and let them go nuts.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Since this is around season 4 of DS9, and the Founders haven't been infected yet with the virus, I see the Founders making it their number one priority to destroy or steal the ship, in much the same way they destroyed the Obsidian Order and Tal Shiar, or engineered a war between the Klingons and the Federation.

This also significantly changes the way the war with the Klingons goes, as suddenly the Federation has waves of disposable droids to fight them both in space and in the trenches. The Klingons might be brought to the table sooner than Apocalypse Rising.

Data is probably going to be advocating for the droids rights, in much the same way he did with the Exocomps. Will they be like the EMH, and have to take oaths of service before going into deployment? That might be interesting.