Sorans gun Blaster?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Re: Sorans gun Blaster?

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

I think Axton meant what Chekov attempted to use against his interrogators aboard the CVN 65 Enterprise, and what Kirk did use on the closet door's lock in the hospital's operating room, when McCoy was attempting to save Chekov. But, those weren't phasers, they were the Klingon disruptor analog to the Feds' Phaser Is.

Phasers have fired pulses in STIII and STVI. But, in TWOK, they fired beams. It may have been the pulses were just shorter-duration beams.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Darth Quorthon wrote:The behind-the-scenes book The Continuing Mission refers to it as a disruptor, for what that's worth.
Funny, I actually have a copy of that, I've no idea where I put it though :mrgreen:
Axton
Padawan Learner

Post by Axton »

Crazedwraith wrote:
Axton wrote:
Or in 1987? (TVH features 'bolt' phasers, as well.)
There was no phaser fire at all in TVH.
There wasn't phaser combat in that film, but yes, there was one shot -- when Kirk shut a doctor in a closet (or whatever it was) and fired a phaser at the lock to seal him in there. It was a pulse shot rather than a beam.
Maximum effort!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Axton wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:
Axton wrote:
Or in 1987? (TVH features 'bolt' phasers, as well.)
There was no phaser fire at all in TVH.
There wasn't phaser combat in that film, but yes, there was one shot -- when Kirk shut a doctor in a closet (or whatever it was) and fired a phaser at the lock to seal him in there. It was a pulse shot rather than a beam.
I'd forgotten that. I thought there was just the bit where Chekov tries and fails to use one on his interrogators.

eta: Huh turns out you're right. here. Not so much a pulse/bolt as a very short firing on a beam. And it's a klingon weapon....
Axton
Padawan Learner

Post by Axton »

Son of a... conceded, that is a short beam. My bad.
Maximum effort!