Would the UFP join the Republic, or vice versa?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Would the UFP join the Republic, or vice versa?

Post by FaxModem1 »

biostem wrote:Wait... were the Vulcans technologically advanced *before* embracing logic? I thought there was a 1000 year period where they were purely barbaric, which culminated in them embracing logic, and *then* making all the advances...
Advanced enough to have a nuclear war, and for the Romulans to take off in spaceships towards what would become Romulus and Remus. Again, the thing that scared the crap out of them is how fast humanity advanced after World War III to Enterprise, while also being quite hard to pin down culturally.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

biostem wrote:Wait... were the Vulcans technologically advanced *before* embracing logic? I thought there was a 1000 year period where they were purely barbaric, which culminated in them embracing logic, and *then* making all the advances...
well they have to had at the very least space flight as "those marching under the raptor's banner"(aka romulans) left the vulcan system to travel to the Romulus system.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
biostem
Jedi Master

Post by biostem »

Lord Revan wrote:
well they have to had at the very least space flight as "those marching under the raptor's banner"(aka romulans) left the vulcan system to travel to the Romulus system.

Bah, my memory fails me yet again! Thanks for the clarification.

Oh yeah.. and there was that TNG episode with the psionic weapon thingy that was definitely off-world, and it was created before they found logic, too.