How does the new Star Wars Canon affect the debate?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

SilverDragonRed
Padawan Learner

Re: How does the new Star Wars Canon affect the debate?

Post by SilverDragonRed »

I know what ya mean. I've had plenty of agruments with Mass Effect fans who thought the same thing about the omni-gel fabricators (and tried to use that as justification for the setting's superiority to 40k).
Ah yes, the "Alpha Legion". I thought we had dismissed such claims.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

I saw someone saying they thought that alderaan was combusting or something. Ignoring the issue of oxygen, you do realize that if it was made of TNT it wouldn't create the right order of magnitude of energy to show the effects on screen? Even if it was made of fissionable uranium it wouldn't. And a superweapon that can only explode planets made of combustible materiel would be pretty useless anyway, and not fit with the death star's portrayal in the movie.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Not to mention the fact that planets that are begging to explode are ...not going to form naturally all that often.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Omeganian
Jedi Knight

Post by Omeganian »

Batman wrote:Not to mention the fact that planets that are begging to explode are ...not going to form naturally all that often.
And would make a much poorer choice for demonstration even than remote backwaters like Dantooine.
Q: How are children made in the TNG era Federation?

A: With power couplings. To explain, you shut down the power to the lights, and then, in the darkness, you have the usual TOS era coupling.