Laughable "response" videos to this website on YouTube

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Re: Laughable "response" videos to this website on YouTube

Post by DarthPooky »

the part of your site when you say he is ignorant of DS9 I completely agree on. one of his latest videos Jedi vs. blasters he makes the case that a Jedi cant yous the force to block blaster fire with out his of her light saber and he completely forgets empire strikes back when Vader blocks Hans blaster. he also dose not consider the variables such as a Jedi's training the fact that in ep3 they were being over whelmed by the clones all focusing all there fire on a single Jedi most of the time and my personal opinion that sertin Jedi might focuse more on the light saber deflecting because it might be easier. arguing with him feels like this :banghead: LOL
Vance
Youngling

Post by Vance »

darth_timon wrote:In case anyone is interested in Idazmi7's latest hits, I've updated my site with a few of them:

http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusing ... rt-4/c14r0
Nice work :). There's a few little improvements you could make though.

The Husnok ship hit the Enterprise with "400 gigawatts" of power, not 600. Remember power is energy over time. So even if the 400 gigawatts was over a full second it would only amount to 400 gigajoules. It actually lasted a fraction of a second implying less than 400 gigajoules. ~4.184GJ=1 ton of TNT.

400 gigajoules = ~100 tons TNT, or 0.0001 megatons.

Other than that there's quite a few spelling errors. Mostly missing letters. Almost as if this was hastily written :)

I'd recommend copying the paragraphs into Word for a spellcheck, then copying into notepad and from there into the site. Might be worth making such standard practice. First page debunking Virus X on logistics says "my attentions my attentions".
BlasTech.info
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

Vance wrote:
darth_timon wrote:In case anyone is interested in Idazmi7's latest hits, I've updated my site with a few of them:

http://darthtimon.wix.com/meerkatmusing ... rt-4/c14r0
Nice work :). There's a few little improvements you could make though.

The Husnok ship hit the Enterprise with "400 gigawatts" of power, not 600. Remember power is energy over time. So even if the 400 gigawatts was over a full second it would only amount to 400 gigajoules. It actually lasted a fraction of a second implying less than 400 gigajoules. ~4.184GJ=1 ton of TNT.

400 gigajoules = ~100 tons TNT, or 0.0001 megatons.

Other than that there's quite a few spelling errors. Mostly missing letters. Almost as if this was hastily written :)

I'd recommend copying the paragraphs into Word for a spellcheck, then copying into notepad and from there into the site. Might be worth making such standard practice. First page debunking Virus X on logistics says "my attentions my attentions".
My speeling ain't always good :P innit.

I do need to proof-read my work more. I'll change the gigawatts thing when I next have the energy to (had a headache for two days, possibly hayfever related, so kinda zonked at the mo). Watching Revenge of the Sith with my four-year old daughter and she keeps asking 'where's Darth Vader?' I don't think she's quite cottened on to the before and after the lava bit!
Darth Yan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Yan »

Haven't seen the orion responses on your site.
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

Darth Yan wrote:Haven't seen the orion responses on your site.
Took them down. Wasn't worth the grief I was getting.
Vance
Youngling

Post by Vance »

darth_timon wrote: speeling ain't always good :P innit.
Yeaah bruv! ! :mrgreen:
BlasTech.info
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

Hay Darth Timon could you tell us or provide a link to which videos you debated idazm7 I wud like to see and laugh
darth_timon
Padawan Learner

Post by darth_timon »

DarthPooky wrote:Hay Darth Timon could you tell us or provide a link to which videos you debated idazm7 I wud like to see and laugh
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edqZK6Qitco[/youtube]

He is now claiming a single Federation ship can perform an Exterminatus (a WK40 reference I think) by itself in a matter of minutes.

EDIT: No idea why link isn't working! Grrrr
Spoonist
Jedi Council Member

Post by Spoonist »

darth_timon wrote: EDIT: No idea why link isn't working! Grrrr
hence the preview =) you remove the s in https and it works fine, like so (quote to see it):
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

darth_timon wrote:He is now claiming a single Federation ship can perform an Exterminatus (a WK40 reference I think) by itself in a matter of minutes.
A Fed starship can certainly wreck a planetary civilization, but the timeframe isn't really specified, and getting everyone would be difficult without using bio-weapons (like what the klingons deployed in "The Chase").
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

DarthPooky wrote:the part of your site when you say he is ignorant of DS9 I completely agree on. one of his latest videos Jedi vs. blasters he makes the case that a Jedi cant yous the force to block blaster fire with out his of her light saber and he completely forgets empire strikes back when Vader blocks Hans blaster. he also dose not consider the variables such as a Jedi's training the fact that in ep3 they were being over whelmed by the clones all focusing all there fire on a single Jedi most of the time and my personal opinion that sertin Jedi might focuse more on the light saber deflecting because it might be easier. arguing with him feels like this :banghead: LOL
Didn't it say in the EU somewhere (which was around at the time of this video's release) Vader's gauntlet is really, really durable or something?
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Han's blaster is heavily upgraded. I find it difficult to accept that Vader's gauntlet can casually stop shots like that. The Force must have been used to block most of the blast.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I'm not happy with 'must' but agree that it's unlikely that it was just the gauntlet being that tough...especially as now all of those ridiculously resilient EU materials are out of the picture :twisted:
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

If you can use the Force to stop blasters, then why doesn't anyone but Vader do it? Would have been useful to the poor shmuck who got shot to death by Jango Fett on Geonosis.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Not all Jedi are equally powerful or skilled. Yoda does much the same thing with Force lightning in RotS.

Might as well ask why Anakin didn't deflect Dooku's lighting with his lightsaber when Obi-Wan and Mace Windu could.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Might as well ask why Anakin didn't deflect Dooku's lighting with his lightsaber when Obi-Wan and Mace Windu could.
Because he was young, inexperienced, cocky, and didn't see it coming.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Borgholio wrote:
Because he was young, inexperienced, cocky, and didn't see it coming.
Yes. Indeed. The answer to that rhetorical question was my point.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

Crazedwraith wrote:Not all Jedi are equally powerful or skilled. Yoda does much the same thing with Force lightning in RotS.

How about why didn't Anakin block blaster shots with his hands when he was still mostly flesh and blood and supposedly stronger than his more robotic incarnation?

Face it "the Force did it" is just as much ad hoc BS as "goddidit".
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Metahive wrote:
Crazedwraith wrote:Not all Jedi are equally powerful or skilled. Yoda does much the same thing with Force lightning in RotS.

How about why didn't Anakin block blaster shots with his hands when he was still mostly flesh and blood and supposedly stronger than his more robotic incarnation?

Face it "the Force did it" is just as much ad hoc BS as "goddidit".

Because flesh and blood Anakin is a lot younger and less experienced than Vader? he hasn't necessarily learned how to do it at that point. Like I said (and you apparently ignored) the other person we have seen with the Abillity is Yoda, the oldest most experienced force user we have seen. Just because a Jedi can potentially do it doesn't mean it's easy and doesn't mean they wouldn't prefer to use a lightsaber.

The alternative that its a really well armoured glove. Well that's possible, sure but why would he have to even stick his hand up? Or are you saying that Vader can armour his suit well enough the make it impervious to blasterfire but only applied said process to his palm?

As to your second sentence. I fail to see how invoking force powers, a well know and factual source of manifold abillities in SW, is anything like saying God did it.
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner
Location: Εν ενί γαλαξία μένω, ον συ ου δύνασαι ευρείν χωρίς διαστημικού οχήματος.

Post by Boeing 757 »

We know that Force-users can redirect or absorb energy to various degrees. I don't see why it is such a big deal for Trekkies that Vader can reflect blaster bolts with his hands. He is one of the most powerful Force-users ever, regardless of him being weakened after Mustafar.
Omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium.

Kritisches Denken schützt vor Illusionen.

Παν μέτρον άριστον τῷ κρατίστῳ.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

There's Mace Windu's super wanky battle at Dantooine where he at one point loses his lightsaber and is forced to fight barehanded. Here's the amount of times he blocks blaster bolts with his hands: 0. Here's the times Yoda is shown blocking blaster bolts with his hands when he joins combat in the movies, the Tartakovsky series or 3D Clone Wars: 0. That's the two most powerful Jedi of their time never using a specific technique even if it could have been useful.

Since no Force user other than Vader is ever shown doing this, I'm rather inclined to go with the "Vader's bionic hand is heavily armored" theory. Occam's Razor and all.

jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

Metahive wrote:There's Mace Windu's super wanky battle at Dantooine where he at one point loses his lightsaber and is forced to fight barehanded. Here's the amount of times he blocks blaster bolts with his hands: 0. Here's the times Yoda is shown blocking blaster bolts with his hands when he joins combat in the movies, the Tartakovsky series or 3D Clone Wars: 0. That's the two most powerful Jedi of their time never using a specific technique even if it could have been useful.

Since no Force user other than Vader is ever shown doing this, I'm rather inclined to go with the "Vader's bionic hand is heavily armored" theory. Occam's Razor and all.
Is the 2D clone wars cartoon canon currently?
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

I just watched his video meant directly agenst SDN and it is HILARIOUS. :lol: he Claims that the star destroyer at the Beginning of a new hope was trying to Destroy the Tantive 4 and actually shows it blow up. I mean he Altars the Scenes He's showing Or takes them completely out of context. Like saying that The enterprise can destroy a planet and then shows a Scene ware (And I forget the episode's name ) the Enterprise does some funky thing to a planet's atmosphere. It wasn't even trying to destroy the plant just alter the atmosphere in some weird way. :roll: If you guys haven't seen that Particular video I encourage you to for a Total laugh. He doesn't realize what a mockery He's making himself up to be.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

jwl wrote: Is the 2D clone wars cartoon canon currently?
Why does it matter? If you take everything but the movies away you still have only Vader doing the blaster-block.

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

DarthPooky wrote:I just watched his video meant directly agenst SDN and it is HILARIOUS. :lol: he Claims that the star destroyer at the Beginning of a new hope was trying to Destroy the Tantive 4 and actually shows it blow up.
So, just out of idle curiosity, if they blew up Tantive IV (ignoring for the moment that never actually happened), how exactly does he explain Leia being a captive later in the movie?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'