How the federation could beat the empire

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

jwl
Jedi Master

Re: How the federation could beat the empire

Post by jwl »

And he saved them anyway, which is the point. It can be done, it's just hard. In waters of mars he pretty much showed that he can mess around with the laws of time howeve he wants, and in the pandorica opens he said something about being able to ignore time laws about interrupting jis own time stream due to some technobabble reason.
Simonoz
Redshirt

Post by Simonoz »

I'm not saying that he will save earth or the federation, i am saying that he could save them.

He accidentally falls into the universe where the SW vs ST conflict. If it isnt a fixed point, he kicks out the empire with his sonic screwdriver.

This thread is about the possibility of it happening, not the certainty.
"Win or lose, as long as the fight is worthy, then honor is gained. The glory at having triumphed over impossible odds is what drives us. If there's nothing at stake – your possessions, your life, your world – then the battle's meaningless. We Mandalore take everything we are and throw it into battle. It's the true test of yourself – the battle against death... against oblivion." - Canderous Ordo, Mandalore the Preserver
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight

Post by lPeregrine »

Simonoz wrote:He accidentally falls into the universe where the SW vs ST conflict. If it isnt a fixed point, he kicks out the empire with his sonic screwdriver.
Or he gets angry at Star Trek Earth for canceling his TV show and smashes them out of spite. Or decides that it would be entertaining to watch them fight without interference. Or whatever magic plot device brought him into the Star Trek universe also brings God (omnipotent, omniscient, etc) into the Star Trek universe and God declares Star Trek an abomination and sends the Federation to hell. Or maybe the magic plot device connects a billion Star Wars universes to Star Trek, unites them all into one Empire, and then kicks the Doctor out. We could go on all day with irrelevant "what if" speculation that ignores the actual SWvsST debate, and yours isn't even one of the more interesting ones.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

So in other words, none of you guys really have any clue how the Doctor can help the Federation.

I don't know why I keep coming back reading this thread.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

How he could help the federation? Convert his tardis into battle format, take them on himself. His tardis can tow a neutron star, a feat I can't remember the empire replicating. Although thinking about it, you might be right about that fixed points of time thing, I've sorted it out in my head now.
Simonoz
Redshirt

Post by Simonoz »

Yes, but isn't the whole SW vs ST debate a massive if statement in the first place.

Also, god would be there already, as he is (as you forgot to mention) also omnipresent - he is everywhere
"Win or lose, as long as the fight is worthy, then honor is gained. The glory at having triumphed over impossible odds is what drives us. If there's nothing at stake – your possessions, your life, your world – then the battle's meaningless. We Mandalore take everything we are and throw it into battle. It's the true test of yourself – the battle against death... against oblivion." - Canderous Ordo, Mandalore the Preserver
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

jwl wrote:How he could help the federation? Convert his tardis into battle format, take them on himself.
Totally! Like all those times he did that!
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

He said in wheel of ice that he disabled the tardis's battle function. It would be pretty simple to re-enable it. In fact, it's likely he has already done so, seeing as he has just come out of a time war. The tardis neutron star thing happened and here's a calc for it: http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=17831
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Do you have any actual information about the BATTLE MODE? Ps, you don't.

And seriously 'time machine moves object'? Fucking hilarious.
Simonoz
Redshirt

Post by Simonoz »

Well, we can assume that a tardis's battle mode is enough to take ona dalek ship - and that is no small feat
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Why should we assume that? The Daleks were confident a pair of missiles would be enough to destroy the TARDIS... I think they know more about time war combat than you do.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

Well you would expect the tardis's weaponry to be in the same order of magnitude in power to it's tractor beam. If you want another feat, in the children in need special, the 10 docotr said that his and the 5th doctor's tardises together would create a black hole that would swallow the universe.

Here's another thing. Is the op just transporting the docotr to this universe, or the whole of docotr who earth? Because doctor who earth from that time period might be able to fight off the empire, and unlike the doctor, they would actually care.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Does the TARDIS have weaponry?

Not that it needs it. It has strong defences, can apparently travel to almost any time and place in the universe, and can tow a planet.

Time Lord technology is far beyond anything the Empire has.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

He could do all sorts of other things without using his tardis for battle, as well. For example, in the eleventh hour he was able to hack into all the world's electronics with only a computer and a phone.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Could he actually stop an Imperial fleet or would he do something to prevent the Empire learning of Earth in the first place so they never show up? Could the Tardis do anything to directly stop, say an ISD, never mind an Executor, or God forbid, a Death Star :lol:
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

It might be within the TARDIS's capabilities to move an ISD so far away it can't come back.

Weather the Doctor could change history depends on the circumstances. Presuming there's nothing to keep him from changing history, he could prevent the creation of the Empire by altering Anakin's life so he doesn't fall to the Dark Side or warning the Jedi Council about Palpatine.

If he can't alter the past, he might try negotiating followed by sabotage. He might be able to hack Imperial computers. Don't Star Destroyers have stuff built into them to sabotage them? What about self-destruct devices? He blew up a large Cybermen force to send a message.

Or he might upgrade Federation technology. He's upgraded more primitive technology before.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:Could the Tardis do anything to directly stop, say an ISD, never mind an Executor, or God forbid, a Death Star :lol:
Use the tardis's tractor beam to rip them up or smash them through the sun's core.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

jwl wrote:Well you would expect the tardis's weaponry to be in the same order of magnitude in power to it's tractor beam.
Why should we assume anything about weapons I don't even believe exist?

If you had a brain you might understand that as a super high-end time machine, the TARDIS doesn't fucking NEED pew pew lasers. Time Lord technology should hardly ever be about punching people; the machine can fight a 'war' by directly affecting the time vortex. Of course, the Doctor literally never ever uses this shit, so it probably isn't aboard his TARDIS either.
If you want another feat, in the children in need special, the 10 docotr said that his and the 5th doctor's tardises together would create a black hole that would swallow the universe.
Wow, lets make a list of every time the Doctor says something will swallow the universe!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

How, exactly, would the TARDIS creating a black hole that swallows the universe help the Trek side?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:ANd like I said, he has no idea if this invasion is the proper course of history in this timeline. It may even be a fixed point and he cannot interfere.

And once again, this is just "The Federations wins because the Doctor saves us all!" wanking. You can substitute "The Doctor" for Jesus and it makes about as much sense.
Well since ST vs SW is what we the fans created and in reality SW will likely never cross over with ST canonically, then we can decide whether its a fixed point or not. :D

Anyway, the Doctor doesn't save the Federation because its saved by Harold Saxon. Of course if I wrote a fan fiction I would have the Master use his archangel network, brainwash the UFP citizens to vote for him as president, upgrade UFP tech with some cool stuff inferior to TL tech and defeats the Empire (when they invade) by using the Doctor's stolen TARDIS, materialising next to the Death Star and detonating a Time Lord singularity bomb ("Lungbarrow"). He then over time changes the UFP into a fascist dictatorship, keeps a bunch of Deltans and Orion slave girls as concubines because I am channelling RTD here, and the former UFP annex huge territory. If anyone asks how Starfleet and UFP citizens ever went along with such a harebrained brilliant scheme, archangel network brainwashing. It worked on Earth in the Whoverse, it will work in the Trekverse as well.

Soon Starfleet
1. Annihilates the Borg (by uploading a virus into the collective)

2. Conquers the Dominion by stealing Sontaran technology and allowing Arcturians to out produce the Jem'Hadar in the cloning stage allowing the Federation to field more marines.

3. Assimilates the Klingon remnants (lets just say the Empire almost wiped them out),

4. Allies with the Breen (lets conquer the Milky Way together)

5. Defeats the Romulans by having SF detect cloak ships by the interaction of gravity and the mass of the ship :D

6. Makes the Voth go extinct in a great crusade - He gives the UFP cool stuff like Whoverse human's 30th century tech (Novel "Original sin"), such as a base that can be hidden in the sun, superior FTLs etc. Just for kicks, he also adds in Minyan "fission" grenades from "Underworld." You know how each hand held grenade is rated at 1000 MT. I imagine they would easily a few thousand into a photon torpedo casing since a tall klingon woman can fit inside such casings. Oh, in the space of one episode he builds a device to detect phase cloak Voth ships (come on, the Doctor build a phase cloak equivalent and a device to detect it in one episode of "Timelash", so there. :D ).

As you can imagine, the concept of evolved dinosaurs migrating from Earth so long ago just rubs me the wrong way, so making them never appear again in Trek is a good thing.

7. Conquer most other civs in the Milky Way.

Once thats done, the Master now turns his attention to the SW galaxy via the plot device wormhole which connects the two franchises universes. The newly formed New Republic sends diplomats to negotiate with him. Federation Loyalists who manage to resist the archangel brainwashing, team up with Luke Skywalker and are joined by a Palpatine clone from the hidden world of Bryss. In an epic confrontation they pit the power of Wankatine the Force against the psychic potential he has stored from the quadrillions of citizens throughout his new empire just thinking good thoughts about Harold Saxon.

This is much cooler than how the Doctor would do it, which is most probably tractor beam an Imperial ship and dump in a galaxy far far far far far away, so far it can't come back.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

Stark wrote:
jwl wrote:Well you would expect the tardis's weaponry to be in the same order of magnitude in power to it's tractor beam.
Why should we assume anything about weapons I don't even believe exist?

If you had a brain you might understand that as a super high-end time machine, the TARDIS doesn't fucking NEED pew pew lasers.
Ok, let's say it doesn't have weaponary. He can still destroy any incoming ship by using the tractor beam to rip it apart or smash it through the sun's core.
Time Lord technology should hardly ever be about punching people; the machine can fight a 'war' by directly affecting the time vortex. Of course, the Doctor literally never ever uses this shit, so it probably isn't aboard his TARDIS either.

Parting of the ways says hello.
Simonoz
Redshirt

Post by Simonoz »

Hahah, timelord -> vengeful god
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Counterpoint to TARDIS ability being about manipulating time vortex refuted by example of time vortex doing stuff.

I just don't know what to say. I'm glad you agree the TARDIS has no weapons, though. Why would it need them? The whole idea is both absurd and really narrow minded and unimaginative.

But yeah, he'll use the TARDIS to kill everyone like all those times enemy spaceships/fleets/robots/cities/armies/missile swarms were no problem at all. :lol:

Fucking delusional. I'm not sure if its worse to wank out hanging a 30mm turret under a police box or the idea of militarising the show and making it about the Doctor crushing everyone's stars with his super doom car.
Simonoz
Redshirt

Post by Simonoz »

No, it is more abput him defending the earth federation.
Haat, Ijaa, Haa'it
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

With super tractor beams we made up that he never used against anyone ever? Good call!

In Parting of the Ways he wouldn't even have needed the second episode if he could have swept the system clear with megawank weapons. Oops?