Using Transporters against Star Destroyers

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Using Transporters against Star Destroyers

Post by Batman »

I'd suspect that for a lot of the board populace, he'd be the first one to come to mind in the Wars/Teleportation context.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

If I remember correctly, Magwit's hoop was covered in the original Essential Guide to Weapons & Technology.

Even then, he admits to having stolen it from an unknown alien and didn't actually understand the science behind it. The only other really established "teleporter" tech are the Kwi Infinity Gates and Gree Hypergates, both of which are ancient technology operating on principals widely unknown to the galaxy at large. Matter transporters in some form exist, but they're along the lines of "Walk through one arch and come out the other" and are, on a galaxy-wide scale, extremely rare.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

The Rakata had a terminal to terminal teleporter grid on Belsavis in SWTOR also, so such things aren't completely unknown.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth