Mirror Mirror on the Wall

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Baffalo
Jedi Knight

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Post by Baffalo »

I got to thinking about this earlier and have to ask... what would a mirror universe Empire look like? How would it compare to the Old Republic? Or would it even BE the Old Republic? Would it be the Old Empire? What would first contact be like with the mirror Empire?
"I subsist on 3 things: Sugar, Caffeine, and Hatred." -Baffalo late at night and hungry

"Why are you worried about the water pressure? You're near the ocean, you've got plenty of water!" -Architect to our team
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Re: Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Post by Metahive »

Simple, the Empire and the Rebel Alliance would just switch moral allegiance (and Luke to grow a goatee), meaning both would actually correspond to mainverse imperial propaganda (IE benevolent fairy tale rulers besieged by raging alien terrorists and human species traitors).
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
Panzersharkcat
Jedi Council Member

Post by Panzersharkcat »

Palpatine would actually a well meaning man and his reaction to being granted emergency powers would be like in here.
"I'm just reading through your formspring here, and your responses to many questions seem to indicate that you are ready and willing to sacrifice realism/believability for the sake of (sometimes) marginal increases in gameplay quality. Why is this?"
"Because until I see gamers sincerely demanding that if they get winged in the gut with a bullet that they spend the next three hours bleeding out on the ground before permanently dying, they probably are too." - J.E. Sawyer
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »