Imperial Fleet VS Enterprise-D's from the Quantum Fissure

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

darthy
Padawan Learner

Re: Imperial Fleet VS Enterprise-D's from the Quantum Fissur

Post by darthy »

Formless wrote:
darthy, serf of the Sith wrote:I think someone mentioned trying a force storm to destroy a bunch of the enterprise's and using the force storm to create a wormhole allowing the fleet to escape. This all assumes the emperor is onboard the death star or on one of the other ships though. I'd have to go refresh my memory to see how reliable this idea is. As I remember the emperor sucked at making force storms but he was barely able to pull it off on occasion.
No, it doesn't you lying little shriveled scrotum that talks. Didn't you read the wookiepedia article I linked to? Or even my own goddamn post? Its on the last fucking page, acting like you've forgotten who or what was said isn't fooling anyone. The Emperor could and did create Force Storms (in the plural, as in ten in one go, thus proving that your statement "the emperor sucked at making force storms but he was barely able to pull it off on occasion" is another bald faced lie) from lightyears away in the comfort of his throne room, possibly from as much as half a galaxy away considering that hyperdrive makes entire parsecs seem trivial in Star Wars. The Force regularly gives the middle finger to spacetime: Yoda in RotS was able to sense the deaths of the Jedi during Order 66 even though they were spread out across the galaxy fighting the CIS, Obi wan in ANH was able to sense the destruction of Alderaan from the Millennium Falcon in hyperspace, Luke was able to sense Han being tortured on Bespin from the swamps of Dagobah, etc.. And that's just examples from the movies.

Also, if you weren't a transparent liar you would mention that 1) I said that the Force Storm ability requires fine manipulation of timespace, meaning that the Emperor should be able to close the Fissure without even summoning a Storm 2) that the Empire has Subspace technology anyway and the whole reason I brought up Force Storms was to show that you don't have a monopoly on stupid technobabble shit * 3) using the force storm to retreat was Omeganian's idea not mine (it the last fucking post on the page! What the hell made you think you could get away with dishonesty this blatant?) 4) you ignored my argument up until now, so if you are going to bring it up, please address my points or concede them. Simply stating "I'm not sure how reliable this idea is" is not an argument, its not even a fallacy. Its a Wall of Ignorance tactic, and I do not appreciate being brushed off like that, asswipe.

* coincidentally, its also evidence that you are in fact a trektard rather than an EU minimalist like your name deceitfully implies because EU minimalists prefer to wank out the characters of Star Was and especially the Force whereas Trektards hate conceding anything to Star Wars at all.
Be thankful I even bothered to mention the force storms idiot. You act like your posts are worth remembering. As it appears, Palpatine didn't start making force storms until after he was reborn, 6 years after his firth death. During the Battle of Pinnacle Base, Palpatine lost control of one of his own force storms and destroyed himself. Great plan.
"An aircraft carrier is supposed to be the most powerfull ship in the United States Navy. Therefore it can sustain itself without any supplies".

So they don't need fuel? Spare parts to replace broken ones? Food or other supplies?
Ah, yet again another no-limits fallacy, and proof that you don't understand logistics.
They could dismantle all of the enterprise's my dear. This would give the federation an abundance of supplies and experienced crewmen.
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

darthy wrote:
"An aircraft carrier is supposed to be the most powerfull ship in the United States Navy. Therefore it can sustain itself without any supplies".

So they don't need fuel? Spare parts to replace broken ones? Food or other supplies?
Ah, yet again another no-limits fallacy, and proof that you don't understand logistics.
They could dismantle all of the enterprise's my dear. This would give the federation an abundance of supplies and experienced crewmen.
Serafina accuses you of not understanding logistics, and you come up with this!
There are hundereds of thousands of Enterprises. How many Starbases does the Federation have, hmm? Even if they have enough Starbases to dismantle fifty at a time (and it only takes them a single day per ship, which is ludicrously generous) it would still take them over fifteen years! And that's working from the minimum number of 285,000 ships.
Great showcasing of your ability to work out logistics!
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Yeah, I'm sure all of those crews would rather dismantle their ships than try and find a way back to their own reality.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Serf of the Sith wrote:Be thankful I even bothered to mention the force storms idiot. You act like your posts are worth remembering. As it appears, Palpatine didn't start making force storms until after he was reborn, 6 years after his firth death. During the Battle of Pinnacle Base, Palpatine lost control of one of his own force storms and destroyed himself. Great plan.
Formless wrote:Also, if you weren't a transparent liar you would mention that 1) I said that the Force Storm ability requires fine manipulation of timespace, meaning that the Emperor should be able to close the Fissure without even summoning a Storm 2) that the Empire has Subspace technology anyway and the whole reason I brought up Force Storms was to show that you don't have a monopoly on stupid technobabble shit ... 4) you ignored my argument up until now, so if you are going to bring it up, please address my points or concede them. Simply stating "I'm not sure how reliable this idea is" is not an argument, its not even a fallacy. Its a Wall of Ignorance tactic, and I do not appreciate being brushed off like that, asswipe.
Bolded relevant part. Now either address my arguments, or get the fuck out. Simply stating that an argument is stupid without explaining why is not a valid form of argument. Furthermore, you still haven't addressed any of my other points. Don't ask me to repeat them: this is a web forum, saying that you can't remember what the arguments were in a thread that's only four pages long is as bullshit as sticking your fingers in your ears and saying "lalalalala can't hear you lalalalala". Go find them, dipshit, but don't ignore them. To say that's beneath board standards would be an understatement. To say that its a Wall of Ignorance tactic would be an understatement. To say that its fucking dishonest would be exactly what it is. You aren't being dogpiled and you aren't getting any sympathy from anyone for cherry picking what arguments you do and do not address.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

Darth Tedious wrote:
darthy wrote:

Serafina accuses you of not understanding logistics, and you come up with this!
There are hundereds of thousands of Enterprises. How many Starbases does the Federation have, hmm? Even if they have enough Starbases to dismantle fifty at a time (and it only takes them a single day per ship, which is ludicrously generous) it would still take them over fifteen years! And that's working from the minimum number of 285,000 ships.
Great showcasing of your ability to work out logistics!
I doubt she even knows what logistics is. That's just a word people are throwing around a lot lately. Her entire premise was based on the idea of maintaining millions of working starships. Sure it takes time to dismantle them all but so what? They don't even have to dismantle them. The starships can be shutdown, there's no need to maintain them at all if they don't want to. Just put them all in a junk yard for they care. Although getting all the dilithium from these ships would be nice.
Yeah, I'm sure all of those crews would rather dismantle their ships than try and find a way back to their own reality.
Assuming they can't though.
WOULD YOU STOP IT ALREADY?
Seriously, ALL you are doing is "what if X happens?". You NEVER ask the question "would X happen"? The Death Star will not be there. It has NO REASON to be there. Even if it happens to run into the Enterprise, it would just blow it up and jump into hyperspace afterwards in order to exterminate some Federation planet.

Yes, if for some reason a ship happens to materialize directly inside the Death Stars reactor core, the Death Star will blow up. If a piece of metal just happens to materialize inside your heart, you'll also drop dead. If every Federation citizen spontaneously mutates into a newt, they'll also loose. THERE IS NO REASON TO ASSUME ANY OF THIS WILL HAPPEN. Before you ask the wquestion "what if x happens", ask yourself "will x happen" like any other intelligent person.
for the record, i'm not the one that brought up the idea of starships appearing in other starships. It was mentioned here first in one of the opening posts:
In that gif I see Enterprises appearing between ships that are already present. This means that if the fissure isn't closed, we have ships appearing at an exceptionally increasing rate inside a fixed volume of space. Eventually they are going to start appearing inside each other. Then the only thing that matters is that the total mass is increasing. Let that continue long enough and you have a black hole that will swallow the entire Federation.
Why bark at me when I'm not the one that brought it up? Or is it only a point worth mentioning as long as its a point against the enterprise's? Even if the enterprise's wouldn't materialize within the main reactor, if they appeared somewhere else they could be almost as crippling.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

darthy wrote: I doubt she even knows what logistics is.
Unlike you, she obviously DOES.
That's just a word people are throwing around a lot lately.
Actually it's a word that's been around for a long time, because unlike you, people around here actually know what it means.
Her entire premise was based on the idea of maintaining millions of working starships. Sure it takes time to dismantle them all but so what? They don't even have to dismantle them. The starships can be shutdown, there's no need to maintain them at all if they don't want to. Just put them all in a junk yard for they care. Although getting all the dilithium from these ships would be nice.
Congratulations! You now have an incredible amount of mothballed starships...sitting in mothballs. While still facing the entirety of the Imperial Navy, should they bother to engage you for whatever reason, with the power differential being a single ISD outgunning the entire Alpha Quadrant. I don't think I've seen anyone try to torpedoe their own point so hard since-I think it was Picard.
Assuming they can't though.
Make up your mind. If the quantum fissure can't be closed the Federation loses by default due to the universe being destroyed.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

darthy wrote:I doubt she even knows what logistics is. That's just a word people are throwing around a lot lately.
Logistics is not a 'buzz-word'. It is an aspect of reality of which you seem to be very unaware (not that you demonstrate much awareness of any other aspect of reality).

Here's another logistical nightmare for you: The Federation gains ~289,000,000 new citizens (a great deal of whom are duplicates of one another, and can only be distinguished by scanning their quantum signatures). Where are you going to put all these people?
darthy wrote:Her entire premise was based on the idea of maintaining millions of working starships. Sure it takes time to dismantle them all but so what?
Yeah, what's fifteen years of fucking around while an Imperial fleet is roaming your territory? I'm sure they'll wait politely while the Federation gets their collective shit together. :roll:
darthy wrote:They don't even have to dismantle them. The starships can be shutdown, there's no need to maintain them at all if they don't want to. Just put them all in a junk yard for they care.
285,000 ships is a very large number of derelicts to be floating about. Do the Federation have a 16 million cubic kilometer junkyard set up?
Also note: this idea ruins your suggestion of the ships being used to outnumber the Imperial fleet.
darthy wrote:Although getting all the dilithium from these ships would be nice.
Even this is time-consuming. If it takes just a single minute to get the dilithium from each ship (and we don't even worry about them not being able to all be serviced simultaneously), it will take 4750 man-hours to complete the task.
The things you are trying to casually suggest involve coordination and organisation beyond the scope of anything the Federation has ever achieved. Indeed, merely keeping track of 285,000 ships is task that the Federation has never attempted before. The sheer amount of communications chatter and traffic control involved are monumental.
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

It should be noted that finding space to simply park 287,000 E-Ds (or several million/billion of them, depending on how darthy chooses to rearrange his claims) is trivial-even a single solar system has plenty of space to store them. We're talking 2.7E16 cubic kilometres for a measly cubic light second. Wether or not they can make any use of all those ships, they definitely have the room to keep them for the time being.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Batman wrote:It should be noted that finding space to simply park 287,000 E-Ds (or several million/billion of them, depending on how darthy chooses to rearrange his claims) is trivial-even a single solar system has plenty of space to store them. We're talking 2.7E16 cubic kilometres for a measly cubic light second. Wether or not they can make any use of all those ships, they definitely have the room to keep them for the time being.
Quite true, but real life demonstrates the inherent problems of doing so. It isn't hard to find enough room to park 1,000 cars, but getting them do so in an organised fashion without drawing little white lines on the ground is very difficult.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

That's because cars are limited to two dimensions and a lot of that space is unavailable due to being already in use or inaccessible. Starships, you can park pretty much anywhere there is empty space, and have plenty of room to get them past each other too if the need arises.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Just to be picky...if you are parking them in a solar system, surely you have to make sure they are all on stable orbits that won't make them collide with planets or anything, rather than just dumping them there. Which of course just adds to the complexity of the task darthy was retardedly proposing.

And he still has yet to address the issue of what all the crews will want to do, I can't see them going along with the "yeah, we're gonna mothball every one of your ships just because some internet bastard child said it would be a good idea."
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

There's always planetostationary orbits or LaGrange points, or parking them far enough out that them crashing into anything won't be a problem for a couple dozen millenia.
After you somehow talked the crews into somehow going along with it of course :D
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

Actually it's a word that's been around for a long time, because unlike you, people around here actually know what it means.
oh course they do, but the newb's have been throwing it around in the threads a lot lately though.
Congratulations! You now have an incredible amount of mothballed starships...sitting in mothballs. While still facing the entirety of the Imperial Navy, should they bother to engage you for whatever reason, with the power differential being a single ISD outgunning the entire Alpha Quadrant. I don't think I've seen anyone try to torpedoe their own point so hard since-I think it was Picard.
or sell them, launch them at a star, recycle them for energy, I don't care about the aftermath in this scenario but rather the outcome of the confrontation. I'm only mentioning what to do with them because it was claimed that if the imperial fleet just left that the federation would lose because of all the problems they'd face trying to deal with so many ships.

We still haven't resolved the issue of how exactly the imperial fleet would retreat from the area. Force storms are out and going to hyperspace is out. We have to assume that enterprise's cannot appear within their ships for even a chance for their survival really. They would need to ram their way through the ships or blast their way through the ships in order to get to a clear area. But the enterprise's would probably be appearing faster than they could destroy them too.

I think the solution is so simple it's staring you guys right in the face but you just can't see it: the imperial fleet loses this one sorry. It's just not rational to bet that the imperial fleet would conquer such a chaotic anomaly like this.
Make up your mind. If the quantum fissure can't be closed the Federation loses by default due to the universe being destroyed.
I didn't say it couldn't be closed in my original post:
With Enterprise-D destroyed, the Worf that was shifting between quantum realities was killed and with him all hope it seems of sealing the quantum fissure
Here's another logistical nightmare for you: The Federation gains ~289,000,000 new citizens (a great deal of whom are duplicates of one another, and can only be distinguished by scanning their quantum signatures). Where are you going to put all these people?
It's not a nightmare for the star trek we know, just a nightmare for that particular universe. The quantum fissures were appearing in an alternate quantum reality different than the one we watch on tv where Picard was killed by the borg and Riker is captain.
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

darthy wrote:It's not a nightmare for the star trek we know, just a nightmare for that particular universe. The quantum fissures were appearing in an alternate quantum reality different than the one we watch on tv where Picard was killed by the borg and Riker is captain.
And that version of the Federation would be able to handle the problem better, because you say so? Seems to be your reasoning for most of your 'arguments'.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

darthy wrote:
oh course they do, but the newb's have been throwing it around in the threads a lot lately though.
I'll take that as an admission you don't.
or sell them, launch them at a star, recycle them for energy, I don't care about the aftermath in this scenario but rather the outcome of the confrontation. I'm only mentioning what to do with them because it was claimed that if the imperial fleet just left that the federation would lose because of all the problems they'd face trying to deal with so many ships.
Which is perfectly correct, unless you blithely assume all of the crews play along, and that's admitting there isn't an infinite amount of E-D's.You should really make up your mind about what your position is.

We still haven't resolved the issue of how exactly the imperial fleet would retreat from the area.
Pick a direction. Hyperdrive away. If they're feeling paranoid, take a few minutes to plot a course where they know they won't run into anything. It's not like the E-Ds can do something about it.
Force storms are out and going to hyperspace is out.
Bzzzt. Wrong. You blithely assuming they are is NOT sufficient reason to assume so. The Imperials can't go hyperdrive-why, exactly?
We have to assume that enterprise's cannot appear within their ships for even a chance for their survival really.
The first 285,000 E-Ds didn't appear inside each other so there's bound to be plenty of time for the Imperials to just leave.
They would need to ram their way through the ships or blast their way through the ships in order to get to a clear area. But the enterprise's would probably be appearing faster than they could destroy them too.

Which is what happened in Parallels WRT the E-Ds. Oh wait.
I think the solution is so simple it's staring you guys right in the face but you just can't see it: the imperial fleet loses this one sorry. It's just not rational to bet that the imperial fleet would conquer such a chaotic anomaly like this.
They don't need to. They can simply go hyperdrive and leave.
I didn't say it couldn't be closed in my original post:
With Enterprise-D destroyed, the Worf that was shifting between quantum realities was killed and with him all hope it seems of sealing the quantum fissure
Feel free to show me a canon way other than that to do so.
It's not a nightmare for the star trek we know, just a nightmare for that particular universe.
Which is, guess what, the Star Trek we know.
The quantum fissures were appearing in an alternate quantum reality different than the one we watch on tv where Picard was killed by the borg and Riker is captain.
And that is another bold-faced lie. The quantum fissures were happening all across the various realities, which was the whole point of the episode.
But you know what? I conceed they happened in another 'quantum reality'. Do you know what that means? I get to ignore it because it's never happened in canon Star Trek. The number of E-Ds you get to throw at the Imperial Fleet is one.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

darthy, darthy, darthy *shakes head*

Yes, i am not an expert on logistics. I could not plan a real-life military campaign. Doing so takes years of training.
So what? I can still point out that you simply do NOT have the supplies to run all these ships for a significant amount of time. The Federation has, at best, several thousand ships - their forces just got increased by a factor of 100. That's like trying to feeed 300 people with what you have planned for a three-people household. Or planning a party for 10 people and having to serve 1000. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK.

That's my point. You will only have a short-term benefit from these ships, after that they are just junk. You can recycle that junk, but that will take so much time that it will be irrelevant for any military engagements with the Empire.

You are dodging questions, darthy.
You dodged the question how the Federation will deal with all those new people. Unlike spaceships, feeding them should not be a problem - modern-day earth could handle that. But you know have hundreds of thousands of dupliate Picards, duplicate Datas and so on running around. Imagine the chaos if there were suddennly a hundred copies of Obama, the important members of his administration, the important generals and so on. Imagine a school that has to deal with 10 duplicates of every teacher. Then increase those scales by orders of magnitudes.
You are also assuming (all you do, really) that all those people will play along with whatever the Federation has planned for them. We know that there are a lot of "evil" duplicate universes. Even if we discard those - what would you do if you were suddenly in another universe? Would you try to get back? If you can't do that, why should you risk your life for people who are not your own? Even if they are similar to people you knew back home - those people already know a version of you.
And if even, say, 1% of all those ships decide "screw this, we will carve out our own empire", then you have more than 2000 ships going rogue - that's about the size of the Fedarations starfleet, and they are all Galaxy-class ships.

You are just ignoring these problems. All those ships will not peacefully cooperate against the Empire, and they will cause a lot of trouble for the Federation as well.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

Pick a direction. Hyperdrive away. If they're feeling paranoid, take a few minutes to plot a course where they know they won't run into anything. It's not like the E-Ds can do something about it.
Bzzzt. Wrong. You blithely assuming they are is NOT sufficient reason to assume so. The Imperials can't go hyperdrive-why, exactly?
Here's how hyperspace works shithead

It's kinda hard to make it to light speed just to get into hyperspace with all these ships around them. If they collided with one of the enterprise's while in hyperspace they'd be destroyed by the mass shadow. I think they have shields to protect the ship from interstellar dust while in hyperspace but that's about it, certainly not starships.
The first 285,000 E-Ds didn't appear inside each other so there's bound to be plenty of time for the Imperials to just leave.
and you're basing that on what? because the hundred or so visible ships weren't? With something as big as the death star, it's kinda hard to make a guarantee like that.
Which is what happened in Parallels WRT the E-Ds. Oh wait.
Not sure what you're saying here but remember data said that the rate of appearances would be increasing at an exponential rate. If they blasted their way through ships more ships would just fill up the blasted area.
Feel free to show me a canon way other than that to do so.
Feel free to tell me how that means the fissure cannot be sealed some other way. Someone else proposed another method of sealing it earlier, you'll have to go take this up with him then.
It's not a nightmare for the star trek we know, just a nightmare for that particular universe.
Which is, guess what, the Star Trek we know.
And that version of the Federation would be able to handle the problem better, because you say so? Seems to be your reasoning for most of your 'arguments'.
you misunderstand. This doesn't affect the federation in the prime universe. Like that alternate universe that was almost completely conquered by the borg. Sure it's a nightmare for them but it doesn't affect the federation in the tv show in the prime universe. Riker died in episode "yesterday's enterprise", in another timeline but it doesn't affect the star trek we know. Just like when kim died in episode "deadlock".. it's not a nightmare for the star trek we know.
And that is another bold-faced lie. The quantum fissures were happening all across the various realities, which was the whole point of the episode.
But you know what? I conceed they happened in another 'quantum reality'. Do you know what that means? I get to ignore it because it's never happened in canon Star Trek. The number of E-Ds you get to throw at the Imperial Fleet is one.
it's still the enterprise though :) The enterprise from the tv show we know was in the crowd of enterprise's since it shared worfs quantum signature. It's part of canon that these quantum realities exist and are shown in one episode. Since you're ignoring it, I'll take that as a concession that the imperial fleet loses this one.
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

You dodged the question how the Federation will deal with all those new people.
put them all in gas chambers.
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

darthy wrote:
285 million of them? Completely in secret? Without any of the others finding out, and revolting? And without anybody in the Federation finding out, and being unhappy about it?

:wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:

You really are just a fucking troll. I'm sure there is a special place reserved for you in the HoS.

Azron_Stoma
Padawan Learner

Post by Azron_Stoma »

darthy wrote:
You know you're really doing wonders for the whole "Federation are marxist/stalinist monsters" angle.
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

Darth Tedious wrote:
darthy wrote:
285 million of them? Completely in secret? Without any of the others finding out, and revolting? And without anybody in the Federation finding out, and being unhappy about it?

:wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker: :wanker:
Perhaps not, maybe we could stick them all up your butt then. I don't care.

Most likely with enough study they could find a way to seal the fissure and restore the barrier between quantum realities. Before the fissure became unstable, the enterprise was planning on finding worf's quantum reality within the fissure and then just send him back that way. Evidenced by this dialogue
WORF: How can we find my original quantum state and return me to it?
WESLEY: We could scan the quantum fissure using a subspace differential pulse. Maybe we could locate the quantum state that shares Worf's signature and find a way to get him back.
They'd likely try to find some other way to seal it. Using another shuttle from the same quantum reality as worf's possibly.

It's not really relevant to this topic of what happens after the battle scenario. I'm not asking how does the federation deal with the ships afterward but rather who wins the battle.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

darthy the douche wrote:Most likely with enough study they could find a way to seal the fissure and restore the barrier between quantum realities. Before the fissure became unstable, the enterprise was planning on finding worf's quantum reality within the fissure and then just send him back that way. Evidenced by this dialogue
<snip dialog>
They'd likely try to find some other way to seal it. Using another shuttle from the same quantum reality as worf's possibly.

It's not really relevant to this topic of what happens after the battle scenario. I'm not asking how does the federation deal with the ships afterward but rather who wins the battle.
darthy the douche in the OP wrote:With Enterprise-D destroyed, the Worf that was shifting between quantum realities was killed and with him all hope it seems of sealing the quantum fissure.
Yeah, and you had the gall to be all "THAT'S NOT HOW I ENVISIONED IT IN THE OP, STAY ON TOPIC!!!!1111eleventy" at several points in this thread when people brought up valid counterpoints to your scenario.

O and BTW, here's the answer. The Empire wins 285000:0. Why? Because one of the Enterprises has the degeneration T-Cell from Evolution and through !QUANTUM-VAPORISATION! spreads it to all the other Enterprises and they all mutate into monkeys. The imperial ships are unaffected because they have anti-!QUANTUM-VAPORISATION! armor made of Impenetrablanium which they got because they're super duper military and surely the military wouldn't send out its soldiers without such gimmicks.

Don't like this answer? Well, I'm just emulating your style of debating, making arbitrary shit up as I go along to favor my side. Hope you liked it because this also marks the final time I'll interact with you here. Goodbye.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

Yeah, and you had the gall to be all "THAT'S NOT HOW I ENVISIONED IT IN THE OP, STAY ON TOPIC!!!!1111eleventy" at several points in this thread when people brought up valid counterpoints to your scenario.
I didn't say the fissure couldn't be sealed. I said all hope of sealing the fissure it seems was lost. It was an open ended statement.
O and BTW, here's the answer. The Empire wins 285000:0. Why? Because one of the Enterprises has the degeneration T-Cell from Evolution and through !QUANTUM-VAPORISATION! spreads it to all the other Enterprises and they all mutate into monkeys. The imperial ships are unaffected because they have anti-!QUANTUM-VAPORISATION! armor made of Impenetrablanium which they got because they're super duper military and surely the military wouldn't send out its soldiers without such gimmicks.

Don't like this answer? Well, I'm just emulating your style of debating, making arbitrary shit up as I go along to favor my side. Hope you liked it because this also marks the final time I'll interact with you here. Goodbye.
There's no evidence that particular quantum reality exists and even if it does, that doesn't mean that it ever made an appearance from the quantum fissure. I could just say there's another enterprise that has the cure for the degeneration T-Cell which spreads it all over using the same method.
Azron_Stoma
Padawan Learner

Post by Azron_Stoma »

darthy wrote:There's no evidence that particular quantum reality exists and even if it does, that doesn't mean that it ever made an appearance from the quantum fissure. I could just say there's another enterprise that has the cure for the degeneration T-Cell which spreads it all over using the same method.
This is what you are doing
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

Metahive wrote:O and BTW, here's the answer. The Empire wins 285000:0. Why? Because one of the Enterprises has the degeneration T-Cell from Evolution and through !QUANTUM-VAPORISATION! spreads it to all the other Enterprises and they all mutate into monkeys. The imperial ships are unaffected because they have anti-!QUANTUM-VAPORISATION! armor made of Impenetrablanium which they got because they're super duper military and surely the military wouldn't send out its soldiers without such gimmicks.
Oh please! You know perfectly well that this is not true.

Some of them mutate into lizards, not monkeys.
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long