Fully Built Borg Assimilated Death Star II vs Star Wars

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

darthy
Padawan Learner

Fully Built Borg Assimilated Death Star II vs Star Wars

Post by darthy »

The death star was constructed by the empire as the ultimate weapon to quiet any remaining opposition in the galaxy. Since this is the second death star version, it does not have the weaknesses of an unshielded exhaust vent. Since it is fully constructed, there is no opening for a ship to fly in and take out the main reactor either. It has hyperdrives installed on it, giving it an ability to travel to any star system destroying any planet or vessels it wishes. Plus the Death Star II's has the ability to fire its super laser in multiple directions with fast recharge times instead of only straight as the first one did.

A pretty simple scenario here gentlemen. We have a fully built and fully functional Death Star II that has been completely assimilated by the borg against the empire, the rebels, pirates, millenium falcon, whoever in Star Wars. Who wins?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: Fully Built Borg Assimilated Death Star II vs Star Wars

Post by Thanas »

Is this for real?

How would the Borg manage to assimilate the DS in the first place, given they have no way to breech the shields, no way to overwhelm the crew and the ISD/TIE complement onboard alone could destroy the entire borg nation?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

O my, that looks and sounds almost as retarded as the "Orange Star" that some banned guy proposed a year or so ago.

This whole scenario is based around divine intervention I presume?
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Like Metahive said, this seems eerily familiar.

Coudl we possibly have another Trktard borgwanker on hand for us to hound and destroy?

If so, yippee, It's been too long, I was starting to wonder if they'd gone extinct.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

I'm not asking how the borg did it. It's done. The borg have the death star II. Now what guys?
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

I hereby demand that if the OP should deign to return, he should stop coloring his text all green, it causes my eyes to bleed.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it

Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

Huh? That's odd, darthy's second message didn't show up until now. Anyway...
darthy wrote:I'm not asking how the borg did it. It's done. The borg have the death star II. Now what guys?
I ask again, is this some divinely concocted scenario where the Borg have been granted a Death Star by The King of All Cosmos? If not, if they somehow suddenly possess the technological means to accomplish this feat against imperial resistance I'd presume the rest of the SW Galaxy wouldn't pose much of a threat anymore.

RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

If the Borg have a fully assimilated Death Star II on their hands by act of plot, then the whole scenario boils down to "Can the combined Rebel and Imperial fleet defeat a completed DSII?" It's not really any different from any other "DSII goes rogue" scenario.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

RedImperator wrote:If the Borg have a fully assimilated Death Star II on their hands by act of plot, then the whole scenario boils down to "Can the combined Rebel and Imperial fleet defeat a completed DSII?" It's not really any different from any other "DSII goes rogue" scenario.
it's alittle different because with the borg capabilities, they would the ability to regenerate damages to the death star. We'll say that a few borg drones infrutrated the death star in the beginning and eventually took it over, or some kind of biogenic nanoprobe weapon which infected the entire crew, anything like that. It doesn't matter how in this case because we're pretending the borg already have the death star. I had a feeling the main rebuttal to this would be to question how the borg can get ahold of the death star in the first place.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

So they just have the Death Star 2? Or do they have the logistical support that would enable them to actually continue operating it?
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

Connor MacLeod wrote:So they just have the Death Star 2? Or do they have the logistical support that would enable them to actually continue operating it?
They'd have all the assimilated knowledge of probabily the million or so crew aboard the death star that would now be drones. Plus all armorments aboard the death star like access to probably 7,000 TIE fighters, 4 strike cruisers, 20,000 military and transport vessels and over 11,000 combat vehicles.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

A simple 'No' would have sufficed. So essentially, as soon as they run out of on-board stores, they're out of business.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

OK, and now explain how they were able to do this despite canon not supporting this. The Borg just don't have the necessary oomph to successfully attack and capture the freaking operational DS2 like that, their offensive and defensive systems are inferior, their speed is slower and they're not too stealthy either. How did they manage to get drones past the defensive fighters, the numerous heavy turbolaser batteries, the superlaser and legions of stormtroopers?

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Because Q thought it would be funny? The OP scenario states they did, thus we work with that, however ludicrously improbable the setup is.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

"We'll say that a few borg drones infrutrated the death star in the beginning and eventually took it over, or some kind of biogenic nanoprobe weapon which infected the entire crew, anything like that."

Ya see, I first asked if it were a result of divine intervention, but the OP is indeed claiming the takeover as something the Borg managed to get done by themselves. So if in this scenario the Borg are suddenly overpowered to the point that they can take over the entire, operational DSII and assimilate everyone onboard without a hitch I'd argue they wouldn't even need it, they'd have enough power to conquer the SW galaxy with conventional means.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Ah, but you don't know what 'infrutrate' means, do you? For all you know it's an INFINTE POWAH! ability that was given to them by Trelaine to insta-assimilate the DSII. :P
Besides, if it was ordinary Borg assimilation, why would they (assuming for the moment that would work to begin with) turn the thing green all over? They're usually quite content with an eery green glow here and there, with the rest of the hull looking perfectly ordinary :mrgreen:
You might want to differentiate between whether by OP you mean the original post, or the original poster, because as I understand it it ususually stands for original post and that does pretty much present us with a 'Valen did it' scenario.
Last edited by Batman on 2011-03-11 06:10pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

The fleet assembles and blows it away. Or they run out of supplies and die.

The smart thing for the Borg to do would be to fuck off as far into the Outer Rim as they can get and start developing a logistics base for themselves.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

Because everyone knows that DA RED WUNZ GO FASTA, the Borg are just colorblind. Besides, the Imperials were beaten over the GREEN sanctuary moon of Endor, proving they're weak against it.

Why are you asking such simple questions? You're the Goddam Batman!

ETA:

Well, sorry on that OP/OP confustion. But I did ask him if it was divinely concocted or conventional and he answered it was the latter, even if he was not directly adressing me.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

If the Borg are colourblind, why go with green, rather than, say, chartreuse, or neon yellow? And because I'm the Valendamned Batman of course. I don't trust simple answers.
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

I don't know myself. Aesthetics isn't something that should matter to the Borg all that much, besides, they only ended up with a complete sickly-green colorscheme in VOY. Before that they had more of a greyish/bluish tint in TNG and First Contact. Maybe they all got sick explaining why VOY can kick their ass so handily?

bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Batman wrote:If the Borg are colourblind, why go with green, rather than, say, chartreuse, or neon yellow? And because I'm the Valendamned Batman of course. I don't trust simple answers.
Maybe they are only Red-Green colour-blind.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

All the more reason to pick something other than red or green.
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

Metahive wrote:Because everyone knows that DA RED WUNZ GO FASTA, the Borg are just colorblind. Besides, the Imperials were beaten over the GREEN sanctuary moon of Endor, proving they're weak against it.

Why are you asking such simple questions? You're the Goddam Batman!

ETA:

Well, sorry on that OP/OP confustion. But I did ask him if it was divinely concocted or conventional and he answered it was the latter, even if he was not directly adressing me.
or we could ask how the borg suddenly found themselves in a long long time ago in galaxy far far away. We can say it was divinely set up if it would make you feel better. The shows are fiction and this is a ficticious scenario. So what happens next? Borg kick ass win pretty much?
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Uh no. They have a Death Star but they have nothing to supply or maintain it with save the vessels own stores and what they salvage from others. I mentioned before that they best haul ass to the Outer Rim and build a logistical base for themselves? I didn't say that for shits and giggles, without a means to maintain and supply themselves they have until something breaks that they can't fix or they run out of fuel/ammo/space food.

Now maybe they come across some system they can rape for resources and spend some time checking out their kit and figuring out what it can do.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
darthy
Padawan Learner

Post by darthy »

Aaron wrote:Uh no. They have a Death Star but they have nothing to supply or maintain it with save the vessels own stores and what they salvage from others. I mentioned before that they best haul ass to the Outer Rim and build a logistical base for themselves? I didn't say that for shits and giggles, without a means to maintain and supply themselves they have until something breaks that they can't fix or they run out of fuel/ammo/space food.

Now maybe they come across some system they can rape for resources and spend some time checking out their kit and figuring out what it can do.
once the borg have all that weaponary, shield technology, and crew knowledge assimilated they almost don't even need the death star anymore I'd say.