SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Re: SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

Post by Bakustra »

Probably the first thing to do would be to order a full burn just to get away from the panic, collisions, and initial outbursts of violence. Then I just align myself with Destructionator/Thanas/another Fed sympathizer if he's still intact (assuming I have enough information available to make meaningful decisions).

If that proves impractical, then it's off towards Earth, informing the first Federation ship I find that I don't know the principles behind the ship but am willing to turn it over to them. Spend rest of life in near-paradise as an alien/time-traveling celebrity, end up in an episode-of-the-week, potentially learn valuable lesson, potentially see Federation destroyed by you pack of idiots and die in a firestorm. Maybe get a chance to meet Picard (preferentially, it would be a good idea to turn it over to him anyhow, given how principled he is, as Destructionator pointed out).
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

I pledge myself to Thanas. He won't trust me easily and we tend to butt heads, but he's an important guy here and is being reasonable.
Bakustra
Sith Devotee

Post by Bakustra »

lord Martiya wrote:I pledge myself to Thanas. He won't trust me easily and we tend to butt heads, but he's an important guy here and is being reasonable.
What does his level of importance here have to do with whether you should follow him?
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

I don't get that either. I mean all I want is unlimited space fun time.
I don't care about the Federation, the Klingons or the other guys.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

I'm with Thanas, unless people in his alliance start coming to tragic ends in highly improbable accidents that cannot be connected to him.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Bakustra wrote:What does his level of importance here have to do with whether you should follow him?
Because I suppose newbies to be more liable to follow people who is important on the forum, so he'll have at least a few ships on his side.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Yeah....I can't see that ending well for you.

Which suits me just fine.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Anyone want to join me in founding an alliance of immoral hedonists bent on spending eternity enjoying what we all refer to as Happy Fun Time?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

No. I'd rather just fly away and do my own thing.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Now lets see here... Why is this so fermilar... lets see hmm...
Oh thats right
HERE WE GO

Except the first time it was done with Excuter Dreadnaughts instead of tradeships. This time around is actually much more sensible, though the fact that it is a "ALL members" and not a "All members who POST in this thread" is what makes it all the more crazy. I mean why do people find the need to do that any ways? ALL members indeed.

I mean dear god, that is almost 3000 large powerful immense warships in the hands of mostly juvenile brats. The response by DXIII is in some ways warrented. Of COURSE there will be a number of idiots who will jump to Earth and attemp to be Dictator or supreme overlord. Of COURSE it should be protected from such idiots. DXIII is just going about doing so in the wrong way.

If Thanas truely wishes an Alliance of Sanity, then we should send a group of our most mature and trusted members to Earth to set up a dffense against the idiots out there, it IS something worth doing. I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one would like to ensure the continuation of the accumulated knowledge art, history, TV shows etc on Earth.

The other thing to consider is that this IS the StarTrek Galaxy. I mena good lord, how many 'one offs' and alien of the weeks are out therE? The galaxy is FULL of special and powerful things, peopl, creatures, god like beings etc. Imagine any of THOSE in the wrong hands as well. Someone should be going through old ST episodes to pick out all the places we shall have to keep tabs on.

As for me personally? I paint my ship like a Bentusi Tradeship and hopefully join up with the "Alliance of Sanity" before seeing what to do next. After that? Meet up with all of the GALE members and form a Galactic Bishonen Empier :D

PS> Darkevilme? Remember there ARE Catgirls in the Trek universe!!!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

What I don't understand is why anyone would care if someone else blows up earth fallout style. I mean, look at me. I represent the side of people who want to be left alone to their fun and don't care about trivial things like that.

Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Purple wrote:Anyone want to join me in founding an alliance of immoral hedonists bent on spending eternity enjoying what we all refer to as Happy Fun Time?
By all means I'm ur girl; going by my last post, I should be a prime candidate for the Happy Fun Time Alliance. However, I will help Thanas and company of the Alliance of Sanity if DXIII gets too crazy with delusions of divinity...
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Purple wrote:What I don't understand is why anyone would care if someone else blows up earth fallout style. I mean, look at me. I represent the side of people who want to be left alone to their fun and don't care about trivial things like that.
Just because it sin't OUR Earth doesn't mean it isn't worth protecting. It is still a world with a sapiant race that deserves better then a bunch of brutish kids glassing it. And the history of ST is, for the most part, similar to our own. We get dropped into this thing with just a SW Ship, nothing else. I don't know about you but I would want to stock up on books, music, and good old fashion radion and TV shows from the Earth Archives.

More to the point such things are worth protecting no matter WHOSE planet it is.

So you can go off on your own to keep your heads down, thats ok, but still know it is worth defending planets from the 3000 or so idiots mucking about.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

With great power comes great responsibility.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Purple wrote:Anyone want to join me in founding an alliance of immoral hedonists bent on spending eternity enjoying what we all refer to as Happy Fun Time?
I said: "And I'll get the drinks."

What I should have explained was I intend to turn my Lucrehulk into a giant orbital brewery/distillery using my entire robot army as labourers to produce planet-sloshing amounts of alcohol. Which I'm happy to distribute fairly freely.

Would I be welcome in the Happy Fun Time Alliance? I'd only request that we all work together to smash anyone who theatens our party.
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

Would I be welcome in the Happy Fun Time Alliance? I'd only request that we all work together to smash anyone who theatens our party.
That was the idea. In essence, we band together and travel the stars side by side. Each person customizes his own ship to be what ever he wants it to be (I am thinking of a huge disco room for one thing and maybe a conservatory) and we pick up stuff like the immortality cure, girls, technology that is fun, the entire contents of art ever created by earth, the you ube servers, pets and anything else we think would be fun to have. Than we go around the galaxy having fun and doing what ever to hell we want to all the while avoiding any maniacs.

And if anyone does attack us we smash him up and play with him some until he begs for death.

So yes, you would be more than welcome.

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

So, a group of hedonists who are going to party through the Galaxy? Groovy.

D XIII, who is on crusade or thinks he is going to apotheosis.

And the rest are making some sort of committee to decide what to do.

I wonder what the other few thousand would do.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Fuck it, I'm revising my plans (again). May I join the Happy Fun Time Alliance?
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

Screw it. I'm just going to head to Earth, hack into Earth spacedock using an astromech, steal a few mothballed/in-maintenance uncrewed warships, download their entire computer database, send them turbolaser cannon designs and methods of tracking hyperspace signatures as a way of thanks, and heading to the nearest galaxy before we get to Episode III: THE SHIT HITS THE FAN.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Episode III:

The coalition of the sane strikes, destroying all idiots.
------------
------------
My LPs
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

Episode IV

The dust settles, both the maniacal murderers and the ones fraudulently calling them self sane are obliterated having seen to that them self. And me and my gang are still cruising extragalactic space laughing our collective behinds off at it.

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Purple wrote:Episode IV

The dust settles, both the maniacal murderers and the ones fraudulently calling them self sane are obliterated having seen to that them self. And me and my gang are still cruising extragalactic space laughing our collective behinds off at it.
Eh? Not really. My alliance is by far the strongest in number, so we should handily win any war against insane destructo.
------------
------------
My LPs
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

Well either way we will be laughing our behinds off. Why fight or have a god complex when you can just have supper happy fun time forever.

Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

I'm unclear, is there any any conflict between the Coalition of Sanity and the Happy Fun Time Alliance?
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

I'm with Thanas, he's not trying to kill me and is actively working against those trying to kill me.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!