SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Re: SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Although these have been done to death just with different ships, I love to see what people come up with, whether they're serious or not. I completely forgot about the Husnok. And the relativistic speed thing someone else did was pretty clever.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Darth Lucifer wrote:Although these have been done to death just with different ships, I love to see what people come up with, whether they're serious or not. I completely forgot about the Husnok. And the relativistic speed thing someone else did was pretty clever.
That is the thing about the Trek universe, because it is a TV show it is FULL of "god of the week" "anomaly of the week" "all powerful xyz" of the week. All sorts of things the show did ONCE and conveniently forgets about.

Look at the Husnok, one episode needed a "bad guy" so instead of picking someone established, they created, for ONE Episode, a multi planetary powerful race with warships that easily could take on the biggest the federation had JUST so they could be wiped out. And then forgotten. Which means in universe there are dozens or more planets with immense infrastructure, industry, cities, shipyards, and of course a whole War fleet just left empty and deserted.

Did we ever hear of them again? did anyone make a reference to anyone picking over the bones of the Husnok? Reclaiming resources? Nope...
In universe they just, sat, out there forgotten.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

You know what would be interesting? Dropping people with 1 of these same starships but in our galaxy the way it is today.
Just add a bunch of cloning cylinders and some fuel production into the cargo bays to let us make a small population of our own. Better yet, drop us with the ability to kit out our own cargo holds and compliments as long as we don't use any insane wank tech like the one you described.

Anyone up for it?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Perhaps an even more interesting one would be either to use a different series, or to put SW ships into the SW universe. Say, we all get a ISD or SSD above Endor in 10 ABY or somesuch.
Hasn't this been done before?

Anyway, if it was ISDs I think we'd be limited in what we could do. We'd have a large fleet with one ISD per member, but not as large as the Empire.

Give us each an SSD though, and we provided we have loyal crew who know how to use the damn things, we could probably control the galaxy. The Empire canonically has 25,000 Star Destroyers. An Executor class SSD is supposed to be worth 20 ISDs, right? This board currently has over 4,000 members. 4,000 SSDs would be equal to 80,000 ISDs. That suggests we could pretty much dictate terms to the Empire.

Edited typo.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

The Romulan Republic wrote:
Eternal_Freedom wrote:Perhaps an even more interesting one would be either to use a different series, or to put SW ships into the SW universe. Say, we all get a ISD or SSD above Endor in 10 ABY or somesuch.
Hasn't this been done before?

Anyway, if it was ISDs I think we'd be limited in what we could do. We'd have a large fleet with one ISD per member, but not as large as the Empire.

Give us each an SSD though, and we provided we have loyal crew who know how to use the damn things, we could probably control the galaxy. The Empire canonically has 25,000 Star Destroyers. An Executor class SSD is supposed to be worth 20 ISDs, right? This board currently has over 4,000 members. 4,000 SSDs would be equal to 80,000 ISDs. That suggests we could pretty much dictate terms to the Empire.

Edited typo.
Been done before Right HERE.
After 10 pages the consensus was similar to what we got there. Most went their own ways to have "Fun" the MESS and other groups organized for Sanity and to try and organize against the trolls and lowlifes. That in itself is a weakness to these sorts of RAR's, the "EVERYONE on SD.Net" business.

Really if we wanted to have a more meaningful and thought out RAR, it would be "Only those who post in here get to participate"
There was a RAR like that a while back, I forget where it was, but that restriction, forcing the players to only be those who posted, made everyone behave a lot more reasonably and cooperate a great deal more.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

That thread was about Star Wars ships in the Star Trek Galaxy. I was talking about Star Wars ships in the Star Wars Galaxy.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Oh here we are ,that is THIS THREAD
We formed the "Earfuck the Vong Combine" and were probably the best organized in that.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

What about my idea for putting us in our universe?
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

I forsee bad things happening to Earth in that scenario...
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

Hm... how about we remove Earth? Instead say make it a copy of our galaxy but with no Earth in it. Just empty space and the laws of physics to play around with.

Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

That has potential for a lot of fun. I see the relativistic speed plan looking good in such a scenario.
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Purple wrote:Hm... how about we remove Earth? Instead say make it a copy of our galaxy but with no Earth in it. Just empty space and the laws of physics to play around with.
Hell with that!

We have NO idea about habitable planets in our galaxy, we have a lot of guesses, but NO idea about other places to live. Depending on what ship we got we'ed be screwed. No no, if there was a "REAL" universe RAR, Earth is a needed item. The best way to handle it is to simply put into a place a 'Magic' field around Earth preventing any of our Q-granted starships or tech from entering inside. No ships, technology of any sort could pas inside, anything less then that offers the option of some idiot taking down, say, a spare proton torpedo to see how it works and blowing up half of a downtown city. THAT is the sort of things you have to contend with if you want a "Serious" RAR
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

How would the Federation fare at reverse engineering the tech of the Lucrehulks anyway, since a few members wish to do just that.
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

FaxModem1 wrote:How would the Federation fare at reverse engineering the tech of the Lucrehulks anyway, since a few members wish to do just that.
Given that the Federation don't even have the metallurgy to produce Durasteel, I'd say they wouldn't fare well.