SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Re: SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

Post by Darth Lucifer »

We'll be legitimate in five years I swear, Thanas... :P

Srsly, I'm down with no slavery. Our Orion Allies are slaves in name...they will willingly swear fealty to us and be marked in true kinky bondage fashoin. It's the Happy Fun Time Alliance yo!

Leader...nah, I'm not cut out for that. Consigliere maybe, but I'm not a Sicilain. I love the hippie-hulk, that is amazing art, same to Crossroads. 8)
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Thanas wrote:Those who take, keep or "reposses" slaves shall be destroyed.
You need to chill man.

You have to understand that we are not enslaving those guys and girls we are liberating them. After all, how else would you call taking them from a life of indentured servitude and worse and dumping them into a droid run paradise garden of the 60's with drugs and booze and all they can eat and stuff. Hell, if we gave them a choice they would probably chose to stay with us.

Come to think of it that might be a good idea and a nice way to weed out anyone who might stab us in the back. Note to self: Give all slaves a choice if they want to stay after they serve a month of service to get to know me.

All things considered is that we are the least evil faction. Here you have DXIII wanting to genocide half of us and than you have people wanting to blow up entire civilizations (the Borg) or introduce technology that will radically rape the balance of power in the region. I mean can you imagine what someone handing out free tech to the Federation would do? It would cause the other regional powers to attack preemptively before it is too late.

All we want is to fly around having fun making the minimum waves and making sure no one cares about us.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

NEWS FLASH!!!
"Tensions erupted today between the Happy Fun Days Alliance and the Alliance for Sanity as differing views on the matter of slavery were hotly contested! The matter arouse when, (in reference to a comment made by Darth Tedious), Thanas (leader of the Alliance for Sanity) sent the following cabel out:
"Those who take, keep or "reposses" slaves shall be destroyed!

This brought swift condemnation from Purple Leader of the Happy Fun Days Alliance who went on record this afternoon as stating:
"We are not enslaving those guys and girls we are liberating them! After all, how else would you call taking them from a life of indentured servitude and worse and dumping them into a droid run paradise garden of the 60's with drugs and booze and all they can eat and stuff. Hell, if we gave them a choice they would probably chose to stay with us."

The heated argument between the two factions has so far lead to a rise in hostilities between several SD.Net prominant figures. Already patrols of the 'Briar Patch', an area known for keeping activities away from prying eyes, has increased from the presence of FaxModem1

More details to come as this story developes!

In other news, Tyler Xyroadia of Crossroads Inc. Set off this evening on an expedation to "Husnok" Space. When questioned on the actions he stated only:
"There is a whole interplanetary infrastructure out there left untouched for over a decade, I don't know about you, but thats a lot of materials begging to be utilized.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

I'd like to point out that, for men, enslaving an Orion woman means becoming HER slave. If any male member enslaves Orion females, I propose to gift the 'slave' with a bullwhip. And send a droid to deliver the gift.
Oh, and keep a keen eye on the poor fool's ship: the Orion female may get ideas involving the creation of an empire or our deaths.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

lord Martiya wrote:I'd like to point out that, for men, enslaving an Orion woman means becoming HER slave. If any male member enslaves Orion females, I propose to gift the 'slave' with a bullwhip. And send a droid to deliver the gift.
Oh, and keep a keen eye on the poor fool's ship: the Orion female may get ideas involving the creation of an empire or our deaths.
It's good to be a Cylon. :mrgreen:

I think the chances of that are pretty low, seeing as how we all have a ship full of droids loyal to us. Still, you bring up a good point.

After the Orions are in full party swing with us, I'm down with some Ferengi oo-mox. There's profit to be made and once the HFT is in a position to make a legitimate buyout, we'll make a bid for their assets and other holdings and complete the deal with a contract legally and in Ferengi tradition. I'm sure our new employees would be eager to play with our green colleagues too. Not sure if the feelings would be mutual, but there's great money to be made. As long as they don't fuck us over in Ferengi tradition.

There's more money potential in the Ferengi than anything else we're looking at. Now if we don't get into it, somebody else will. Maybe one of the other alliances, maybe all of them. Now with the money they earn, they can buy more planets and political power; then they come after us. Now we have the Orions, and they're the best thing to have. But the Ferengi are the thing of the future. An' if we don't get a piece of that action, we risk everything we have -- I mean not now, but ten years from now. :twisted: :mrgreen: :P
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Given the time limited nature of our Ships (weeks at most before they fail would be my estimate, although correct me if I'm wrong there), it would probably be most useful to cash in on our power while we can to get access to Trekverse ship yards and logistical support. This could come in the form of trade deals or gunboat diplomacy, but if we don't want to end up dead in the water sometime later it's going to be necessary.

Thanas, what is your view on this? Obviously we gang up and destroy the unstable elements first, but then what?

It might be worth launching preemptive strikes on distant threats like the Borg since we can zip around the galaxy at ludicrous speeds. Capturing as much advanced technology from those sorts of people early on for later study would be smart too.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Do the same thing we always do in this situation, take off with the rest of the Messholes whilst you gaggle of idiots blow each other up.

Have fun herding Cats Thanas. Schmuck.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Fight back, kill retard, move on.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Destructionator XIII wrote:What will you do if you are killed for forming a group without a permit?
By who?
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Destructionator XIII wrote:Whom.

And it could be anyone. Organization is a threat to us all; any organized group can take out anyone else with ease.
We have no desire to "take anyone out" While you and your gang of retards, and Thana and his gang of slightly less retards are killing ths shit out of each other, we will be finding our own destiny.
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

Yea, I mean our whole deal is to organize in a defensive force to protect one another from retards. We would not be an offensive force in any way shape or form.

I am talking about a hippie commune in space not a war like berserk alliance of brinkmanship and imperialism like say NATO.

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

THE DAY I TAKE ORDERS FROM A GERMAN IS THE DAY I GET SLING-SHOTTED THROUGH SPACE AND TIME.

WAIT SHIT.

WELL I STILL WON'T DO IT.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Purple wrote:Yea, I mean our whole deal is to organize in a defensive force to protect one another from retards. We would not be an offensive force in any way shape or form.

I am talking about a hippie commune in space not a war like berserk alliance of brinkmanship and imperialism like say NATO.
There is nothing in this thread to indicate that you won't act like an idiot and get yourself killed when Thanas tries to form his alliance of slightly less idiots to kill you.
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Lonestar wrote:
Purple wrote:Yea, I mean our whole deal is to organize in a defensive force to protect one another from retards. We would not be an offensive force in any way shape or form.

There is nothing in this thread to indicate that you won't act like an idiot and get yourself killed when Thanas tries to form his alliance of slightly less idiots to kill you.
Remember that most of the initial set-up time required to get the HFTA rolling (which will be the only time we'll be likely to do anything to attract attention to ourselves) will most probably occur while Thanas is still busy dealing with DXIII and his band of raging lunatics.

And it's not like we're vastly outgunned by the Sane Coalition. Hell, depending on what losses are incurred taking on DXIII's crazy cult, we may have the upper hand in numbers. Not that we'd use that advantage to attack anyway. We really just want to have some fun. Happy Fun.
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

In that case, we need to establish a rendezvous point that we can all agree too while not actually saying it's name. It has to be a place that we will all know of but you know... Something just common sense.

Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Purple wrote:In that case, we need to establish a rendezvous point that we can all agree too while not actually saying it's name. It has to be a place that we will all know of but you know... Something just common sense.
We'll PM it to each other! :wink: And hope noone intercepts the signal...
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Darn it...
go to the mattresses
shoot DXIII in head while he's eating veal
Kill all other alliance leaders during baptism
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Anyone given any thought on the Trabe and the Kazon and whether we should try make that little coup happen? If nothing else, to rid the Delta Quadrant of the Kazon nuisance, at least for a little while?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

FaxModem1 wrote:Anyone given any thought on the Trabe and the Kazon and whether we should try make that little coup happen? If nothing else, to rid the Delta Quadrant of the Kazon nuisance, at least for a little while?
Weren't the Trabe apparently not very nice folks themselves? Wouldn't want to just trade one bunch of assholes for another.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

FaxModem1 wrote:Anyone given any thought on the Trabe and the Kazon and whether we should try make that little coup happen? If nothing else, to rid the Delta Quadrant of the Kazon nuisance, at least for a little while?
Not really unfortinatly. I feel kind of bad for you, the fact that you started things in this specific setting indicates you had something in mind around about a set up and wanted to see how things would go.

The problem is with StarWars ships ANY sort of "what if" rar that uses them will quickly devolve into a set up of how to take advantage of the ST universe as a whole, not just one system.

Look at me for instance, I am using my thousands of droids to slowly bring life back into a fleet of Husnok Warships that have been abandoned for over a decade.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Perhaps a better RAR for future use would be "Everyone gets a Galaxy class at such-and-such a time." In that situation, you wouldn't have the automatic "kill Borg/take over Federation" type shit, because each individual just wouldn't have the power to do it.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Exactly, or at the very least a much much smaller SW ship.

So many of these go into a "I take over the Federation!" or "Sell tech and live rich!" or "Set up own empire!" But dialing way down on what you give out would make for a more interesting set up. Either a high end Trek ship, or a low end wars ship, maybe something like a corvett or something.

Not that the current one didn't have its fun, but it looks to have died down a bit.
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Perhaps an even more interesting one would be either to use a different series, or to put SW ships into the SW universe. Say, we all get a ISD or SSD above Endor in 10 ABY or somesuch.

Personally I'd find something like "You all get an oBSG Colonial Battlestar in xyz universe even more interesting."
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Personally I'd find something like "You all get an oBSG Colonial Battlestar in xyz universe even more interesting."
My take would be having the Megaroad-01 Colonization Fleet (Macross universe) in Trek. On one hand, we have a fleet includin BIG ships with better (or thicker) armor and more firepower per mass than anything in Trek manned by nuke-happy people, on the other hand Trek ships have much better shields and a more reliable FTL system...
Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

The issue becomes when someone like me does not know anything about said obscure universe. SW and ST are the ones often used because everyone has heard about them.