A tribble on Coruscant

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

A tribble on Coruscant

Post by FaxModem1 »

30 BBY

1 tribble is found in the bar Anakin and Obi Wan went into in Attack of the Clones. What damage would it to the capital planet of the galaxy? Would it spread to the rest of the galaxy? Would there be a great war between the Mandos and the tribbles?(Because frankly, Mandos are even lamer Klingons)

Bonus question: Would it be used as a weapon of war by the Vong if they could?
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Re: A tribble on Coruscant

Post by Metahive »

In Trouble with Tribbles they only became a problem because they were unleashed in a place offering them plenty of food, circumstances that aren't necessarily found on the grey moloch of a cityplanet that is Coruscant.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

I think that the Tribble population would be kept in check by the mutants, rejects and beasts of the lower levels. One thing is when you release tribbles in a place plenty of food and without natural predators, another is when you release tribbles in a death world.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Odds on some strange species spots the tribble on the floor and decides it would be the perfect thing to go with his cocktail. Tribble problem solved.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

If the local rodent population don't feed on the tribbles to keep their numbers down sufficiently, it's just a comlink call to the city infestation department.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Tribbles on Naboo would be interesting. The Naboo don't strike me as the type to immediately call for extermination if things start to go awry.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

Srelex wrote:Tribbles on Naboo would be interesting. The Naboo don't strike me as the type to immediately call for extermination if things start to go awry.
It would probably ends with the Empire BDZing Naboo to prevent infestation in other places.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

...and then claiming that the Tribbles carried some horrific plague to justify the actions. Whilst also removing Naboo and any remaining evidence of the link between Sidious and Palpatine.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
TOSDOC
Padawan Learner
Location: Rotating between Redshirt Hospital and the Stormtrooper School of Marksmanship.

Post by TOSDOC »

It would probably ends with the Empire BDZing Naboo to prevent infestation in other places.
Nah, they would just use the Death Star. The ultimate in pest control.

Can we get someone art-savvy to print "Orkin" on the side of everyone's space station?
"In the long run, however, there can be no excuse for any individual not knowing what it is possible for him to know. Why shouldn't he?" --Elliot Grosvenor, Voyage of the Space Beagle
Rossum
Padawan Learner

Post by Rossum »

Tribble Soup
Fry: No! They did it! They blew it up! And then the apes blew up their society too. How could this happen? And then the birds took over and ruined their society. And then the cows. And then... I don't know, is that a slug, maybe? Noooo!

Futurama: The Late Philip J. Fry
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Even with their exponential reproduction, i still don't see the Tribbles becoming anything more than a minor nuisance.
Sela
Padawan Learner

Post by Sela »

It'd be like if an outbreak of rabbits or rats got into the grain on Earth!

<_<

>_>
There is no surer aphrodisiac to a man than a woman who is interested in him.
noncredible
Padawan Learner

Post by noncredible »

Assuming the tribble isn't trampled or eaten by one of the [semi-]sentient beings in the bar, it will die outside. Either it is run over, falls off of a platform, starves to death, etc. or one of the people or creatures in the lower levels will eat it. There's bound to be something somewhere on Coruscant that will think that the tribble looks tasty; in this one "Star Wars Official Guide" or somesuch it shows several creatures living on Coruscant, including a rhino that eats concrete and a large worm that lives in electrical sockets and absorbs electricity.
"Everything in this room is edible. Even I'm edible. But, that would be called cannibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies."
— Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

"And, if you should come upon this spot, please do not hurry on. Wait for a time, exactly under the star. Then, if a little man appears who laughs, who has golden hair and who refuses to answer questions, you will know who he is. If this should happen, please comfort me. Send me word that he has come back."
— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince