Create a good ST Boba Fett

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Create a good ST Boba Fett

Post by FaxModem1 »

Namely, make a Trek bounty hunter that's like Boba Fett(bounty hunter and seriously cool human, not mando wank), set in the ST universe and using Trek tech.

So, what would you make?
Todeswind
Jedi Knight

Re: Create a good ST Boba Fett

Post by Todeswind »

I think you meant to put this in the SF section.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Yeah, I don't know how this got into User Fiction.

EDIT:Could a Mod move this to ST vs SW?

I did shit, yo. -- Lagmonster
DrMckay
Jedi Master

Post by DrMckay »

A former diplomatic bodyguard/pilot/chauffer of a crooked politician. (Federation isn't perfect) Eventually becomes disillusioned with the politician and kills him, but is forced to escape and ply his trade as a bounty hunter in the Cardassian DMZ/Orion Space. Has piloting and dignitary protection skills which can be turned to bounty hunting, as well as similar morals that drove the origin story of the original (Non-prequel, non-mando way more awesome) Boba Fett.
"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards."
~Count Aral Vorkosigan, A Civil Campaign
AO3 Link | FFN Link
Teebs
Jedi Master

Post by Teebs »

DrMckay wrote: similar morals that drove the origin story of the original (Non-prequel, non-mando way more awesome) Boba Fett.
What were those if you don't mind me asking?
Edward Yee
Sith Devotee

Post by Edward Yee »

According to The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett (a short story in the Tales of the Bounty Hunters anthology), he was originally Jaster Mereel, formerly a lawman (Journeyman Protector) on the planet of Concord Dawn as of 13 BBY, who became a bounty hunter -- and worked for the Empire -- due to his own beliefs on the nature of law and justice.

The official retcons since Episode II resulted in there being a "real" Jaster Mereel who mentored Jango Fett; both Jango and Boba would use the name and role at one point, so the story remains somewhat canonical.
"Yee's proposal is exactly the sort of thing I would expect some Washington legal eagle to do. In fact, it could even be argued it would be unrealistic to not have a scene in the next book of, say, a Congressman Yee submit the Yee Act for consideration. :D" - bcoogler on this

"My crystal ball is filled with smoke, and my hovercraft is full of eels." - Bayonet

Stark: "You can't even GET to heaven. You don't even know where it is, or even if it still exists."
SirNitram: "So storm Hell." - From the legendary thread
Teebs
Jedi Master

Post by Teebs »

Edward Yee wrote:According to The Last One Standing: The Tale of Boba Fett (a short story in the Tales of the Bounty Hunters anthology), he was originally Jaster Mereel, formerly a lawman (Journeyman Protector) on the planet of Concord Dawn as of 13 BBY, who became a bounty hunter -- and worked for the Empire -- due to his own beliefs on the nature of law and justice.

The official retcons since Episode II resulted in there being a "real" Jaster Mereel who mentored Jango Fett; both Jango and Boba would use the name and role at one point, so the story remains somewhat canonical.
Thanks, that does sound cooler.
DudeGuyMan
Jedi Knight

Post by DudeGuyMan »

FaxModem1 wrote:Namely, make a Trek bounty hunter that's like Boba Fett(bounty hunter and seriously cool human, not mando wank), set in the ST universe and using Trek tech.

So, what would you make?
Exactly like Boba Fett but with a phaser instead of a blaster, he's renowned for his ability to hit a moving target from more than ten feet away. And he has a jetpack that won't malfunction and hurl him to his death when swatted by a blind guy, but only because it has a fucking touchscreen that requires a sequence of 8 different presses to get it to do anything. Which sucks because it's on his goddamn back and he can't reach back that far.