How would the Jedi react to the Q?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

How would the Jedi react to the Q?

Post by FaxModem1 »

Just wondering how it would feel, to their perception, if a Q was in the same room as them because of the Jedi senses and the force, how would they 'feel' the Q, and more interestingly, how would they react?
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Re: How would the Jedi react to the Q?

Post by NecronLord »

How would we know?

Seriously, this is utterly unquantifiable.

If you must have an answer though, Troi's reaction to Q's first appearance in farpoint would be the only example of someone ESPing a Q that I know of.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Re: How would the Jedi react to the Q?

Post by Superman »

Given the endless debates over Q's abilities ("are they actually magical beings or just technologically advanced aliens," etc.), I think I'm going to agree with Necron. I don't think you can really quantify Q's abilities or power. And, like the Borg, Q has changed quite a bit through the various shows. At first, it seemed like he could do shit like summon entire groups of army troops to fight, create worlds where characters like Robin Hood actually exist, give humans his powers, torture other aliens, etc. When DS9 rolled around, he didn't do much more than provide comedy relief (like taking a punch to the face). Then on Voyager, it became even more confusing. The Voyager crew was doing dumb shit like going into the Q Continuum, threatening Q's with their own weapons, etc. I remember one situation where Janeway once said that, despite his many faults, Q was never was a liar. Q reluctantly agreed that he was not. But Remember Vash on TNG referring to a title he had as "The God of Lies?" He's been rewritten too many times.

Who knows.