What If? BATMAN!

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Re: What If? BATMAN!

Post by Captain Seafort »

Demiurgas wrote:
Stark wrote:If I spent time in the Empire, learning about them, would I be able to replicate their technology?

Is this a serious question?
Yes
:banghead:
what's your point?

That you are an idiot.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

When have I ever PRODUCED thousands of years of technological development? I have ACCESS to such technology thanks to the Kryptonian, recovered Apokaliptic gadgets, leftovers from the latest quarterly alien invasion etc. I might be able to REVERSE-ENGINEER some of it because I'm super-smart
Yeah, right. *Snorts*
Shut up.
and again, have access to people who KNOW that technology. Plus, DC Earth is ALREADY on a decidedly higher tech level than real world Earth is, so I have stuff that doesn't exist today. That doesn't mean I can boost Trek's tech level to Wars levels.
WITH access to a sufficiently large sample of imperial technologies, the manuals and somebody to translate them for me, given a decade or two and a writer who's into Batman wank enough-MAYBE. Given access to Kryptonian, Apokaliptic etc technology, same timeframe, same writer-MAYBE.
Realistically and working from the existing Trek tech base? No way.

As for bringing up Earth's overall tech level-yeah, that worked out SO well when Luthor kept the B13 upgrades to Metropolis :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Demiurgas
Padawan Learner

Post by Demiurgas »

Batman wrote:When have I ever PRODUCED thousands of years of technological development? I have ACCESS to such technology thanks to the Kryptonian, recovered Apokaliptic gadgets, leftovers from the latest quarterly alien invasion etc. I might be able to REVERSE-ENGINEER some of it because I'm super-smart
Yeah, right. *Snorts*
Shut up.
and again, have access to people who KNOW that technology. Plus, DC Earth is ALREADY on a decidedly higher tech level than real world Earth is, so I have stuff that doesn't exist today. That doesn't mean I can boost Trek's tech level to Wars levels.
WITH access to a sufficiently large sample of imperial technologies, the manuals and somebody to translate them for me, given a decade or two and a writer who's into Batman wank enough-MAYBE. Given access to Kryptonian, Apokaliptic etc technology, same timeframe, same writer-MAYBE.
Realistically and working from the existing Trek tech base? No way.

As for bringing up Earth's overall tech level-yeah, that worked out SO well when Luthor kept the B13 upgrades to Metropolis :D
Well there you have it. That settles it.
LionElJonson
Padawan Learner

Post by LionElJonson »

Actually, IIRC Batman canonically has a "Sci-fi closet" full of looted alien tech, including what appears to be a Dalek. In the latest story, hasn't be been given a White Power Ring, right along with basically every other major DC hero? That alone would give him the ability to solo Star Wars fleets, and since Power Rings are capable of self replication, it'd let him arm the Feddies with them to make them nigh-invulnerable to anything short of Palpatine's high end Force manipulation feats or the Star Trek nigh-omnipotents.

Simply put, he doesn't need to bring them up to a Star Wars techbase. His own is better.
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

Serafina wrote:Has he ever demonstrated that he can
-enhance existing technology by orders of magnitudes
-can learn all about technology which is centuries ahead of his own?
If that is not the case, he can't do enough. Even if it is, the Federation still has limited industrial capacity and will be unable to build enough ships to make a real difference.
He's the goddamn Batman.

Also, this thread belongs in testing. What is there to discuss? It has zero utility for any sort of legitimate analysis.
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

LionElJonson wrote:Actually, IIRC Batman canonically has a "Sci-fi closet" full of looted alien tech, including what appears to be a Dalek.
Except they don't GET that closet full of alien tech, not that I see what difference it would make. They get ME, not the entire DCU tech base.
In the latest story, hasn't be been given a White Power Ring, right along with basically every other major DC hero? That alone would give him the ability to solo Star Wars fleets, and since Power Rings are capable of self replication, it'd let him arm the Feddies with them to make them nigh-invulnerable to anything short of Palpatine's high end Force manipulation feats or the Star Trek nigh-omnipotents.
You might want to elaborate on that, because the only rings I know for SURE can replicate are the GREEN ones (which is almost certainly due to incomplete information) and so far the ONLY thing I've seen white rings do is raise the dead, nothing more. Also Power Rings tend to be a TAD selective about who gets to use them so all those White Rings might simply end up lying around doing nothing while the Imperials tear the AQ apart. But I'm looking forward to you presenting evidence for the offensive/defensive capabilities of a White Power Ring :D
Simply put, he doesn't need to bring them up to a Star Wars techbase. His own is better.
A pity I don't HAVE it. The scenario says the Trek side gets ME, not me and a cubic kilometre of the tech I have access to.
He's the goddamn Batman.
And the goddamn Batman says no way in hell.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'