Trekkie Wall of Text

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Re: Trekkie Wall of Text

Post by Serafina »

Not Federation technology - indeed, most likely technology from the far future thanks to timetravel. Also, it doesn't exist anymore.
No, Genesis device does create planets - it is whole point of device.
Which is a negative energy event - the planet has a lower energy state than the nebula, you do not need to expand any energy.
Some stormtroopers were killed by arrows.
They were hit into the bodyglove of the armor. Which is still better armored than any federation soldier.
Thing is, we have no evidence of star wars speeds at all, except in EU, which is more contradictory than Star Trek.
A lie, or sheer idiocy.
We know where most of the planets in the movies are located.
Indeed, we know that Mustafar is in the outer rim and that Coruscant is at the galactic core. Palpatine was able to travel there within hours. Yoda was also capable of traveling from Coruscant to Kamino and then to Geonosis within a short timespan. Travel time is never measured in weeks and rarely in days all over the movies.
All that gives us speeds that are massively faster than ST-speeds, unless you are a moron who conscribes to the mini-galaxy "theory".
Besides, the EU is canon.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Picard
BANNED

Post by Picard »

I know hyperdrive is faster than warp drive. I am only saying we can't get clear estimation. And apparently there are "warp highways" that can make starships to be thousands times faster than normal warp speeds.

And EU is still surpassed by movies.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Yes, the EU is surpassed by movies in any case when they contradict. The EU has SW ships going several million times the speed of light. The movies do not contradict this. Therefore, they go several million times the speed of light.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

NTM the EU almost invariably has Wars ships moving noticeably SLOWER than in the movies, which give us hyperdrive speeds in the mid to upper double figure million c range :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'