Galactic Empire vs United Federation of Planets Questions

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Re: Galactic Empire vs United Federation of Planets Question

Post by Ghost Rider »

Wyrm wrote:Indestructibility —true indestructibility, being completely impossible to destroy— is flat-out impossible. Whatever can be made can be destroyed, and your wankrystal is certainly a manufactured artifact. And anything with claims of indestructibility is thematically required to be destroyed.

PS, the image is of the green crystal from the original Superman movie, with fucking Christopher Reeve. Can you be any more unoriginal?
Obviously Calvin-El will use it to form the Castle of Commodes in saskatewan, CANADA to become Awesoman! Defender of Fairness and the Canadian way!
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

But will his green bathroom crystal make the toilets smell minty fresh? ;)
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Norade
Jedi Council Member

Post by Norade »

Wyrm wrote:But will his green bathroom crystal make the toilets smell minty fresh? ;)
No, it will simply set the air in the room back in time to before it became smelly. That is obviously the best way to do things.
School requires more work than I remember it taking...
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Wyrm wrote:But will his green bathroom crystal make the toilets smell minty fresh? ;)
Hell, it makes his shit smell minty! Thus forever making sexy Lexis Luane both his eternal nemesis and lover :mrgreen: .
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Honesty. You forgot honesty. Honesty, fairness and the canadian way. Awesomeman. Fleeter than a speeding arrow, stronger than a really big truck, and can hop large hills in a single jump. :D
Also, he will use a pair of shades to hide his true identity when he poses as tamely tempered journalist Carlson Kennet.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Youngla0450
Youngling

Post by Youngla0450 »

Yes, my story is based on Superman: The Movie's plot-line, but it has several modifications and complete differences.
I love both Star Wars and Star Trek, and love to dip into the debates concerning the franchises!
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Vortex Empire »

Yes, the differences are that this has far more wank.
Youngla0450
Youngling

Post by Youngla0450 »

I wonder. Why are people calling it wank?
I love both Star Wars and Star Trek, and love to dip into the debates concerning the franchises!
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

It's like your "Orange Star" on SFJ, it does things that don't fit into it's established universe, it's more powerful then could reasonably be expected within said universe. Thats typically the definition of wank.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Youngla0450
Youngling

Post by Youngla0450 »

Aaron wrote:It's like your "Orange Star" on SFJ, it does things that don't fit into it's established universe, it's more powerful then could reasonably be expected within said universe. Thats typically the definition of wank.
I see your point.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

Youngla0450 wrote:I wonder. Why are people calling it wank?
Because it is horribly overpowered technology and you are having utterly overpowered Mary Sue-characters (or Gary Stu or whatever). Also, your technology is not used in a way that makes sense.

First, you have ONE genius scientist amongst a bunch of utter morons.
Second, your crystal is declared to be utterly untouchable - that's just horrible writing. Sure, you can have it survive a nuke or the likes - but flat-out declaring it to be immune to anything is just pure want.
Last but not least - why didn't anyone bother to safe their planet? They have timetravel, they can restore planets and resurrect people and whatnot - so why did that happen to them in the first place?
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Youngla0450
Youngling

Post by Youngla0450 »

Serafina wrote:
Youngla0450 wrote:I wonder. Why are people calling it wank?
Because it is horribly overpowered technology and you are having utterly overpowered Mary Sue-characters (or Gary Stu or whatever). Also, your technology is not used in a way that makes sense.

First, you have ONE genius scientist amongst a bunch of utter morons.
Second, your crystal is declared to be utterly untouchable - that's just horrible writing. Sure, you can have it survive a nuke or the likes - but flat-out declaring it to be immune to anything is just pure want.
Last but not least - why didn't anyone bother to safe their planet? They have timetravel, they can restore planets and resurrect people and whatnot - so why did that happen to them in the first place?
To answer your questions my dear:

1. Chris-El's family was the only family with any real sense left on Calathon. The other Calathonians had become so ignorant they thought their technology could do ANYTHING.

2. Chris-El took twenty years to build a crystal with such awesome powers, and he made sure it had no weaknesses. So he built in heavy defense systems and looked over all the points of the crystal.

3. Chris-El tried convincing the Council of Calathon about the planet's fate, and he tried telling them to either save their planet or evacuate. They ignored him, and said even if he tried to save the planet, he would either be imprisoned or exiled for all eternity.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

Serafina wasn't asking questions, she was making statements.
1. Chris-El's family was the only family with any real sense left on Calathon. The other Calathonians had become so ignorant they thought their technology could do ANYTHING.
This is wank. Planets have billions and billions of people on them. And yet for your story to make any sense, every single one of those billions of people would need to be functionally retarded except for Chris-El.
2. Chris-El took twenty years to build a crystal with such awesome powers, and he made sure it had no weaknesses. So he built in heavy defense systems and looked over all the points of the crystal.
He spent twenty years making a Crystal which can do anything? How does that make its super powers any less retarded and wanky? How does that reason away its immunity to everything and logic-breaking powers? You're a moron.
3. Chris-El tried convincing the Council of Calathon about the planet's fate, and he tried telling them to either save their planet or evacuate. They ignored him, and said even if he tried to save the planet, he would either be imprisoned or exiled for all eternity.
So your whole premise is reliant upon every single Calathonian in the world to not only be idiots, but to be idiots who are also assholes. "Well, we don't believe you that our planet's going to die. And if you try to save the planet from this thing we don't think is going to happen, we'll imprison you."

I am fully convinced you're a troll. I know it's possible for people to be this fucking stupid, I just don't want to believe it.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

SilverWingedSeraph wrote:
I am fully convinced you're a troll. I know it's possible for people to be this fucking stupid, I just don't want to believe it.
I don't get the impression that he's a troll, I get the impression that he's 11.
Youngla0450
Youngling

Post by Youngla0450 »

I am over 11, thank you very much, and also, I am not actually a wanker.
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

Youngla0450 wrote:I am over 11, thank you very much, and also, I am not actually a wanker.
Perhaps not, but your story is wank-incarnate.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

I did not ask questions, but meh.
So they thought their tech could fix anything?
Well here is a newsflash - it COULD, according to your wank at least.
So you have a bunch of people who think their tech can fix anything - but don't actually bother using it :lol:
:roll:
First, he should have instead built something that get's the job done - like, oh, don't know - SAVING HIS FUCKING PLANET!
Second, that's still pure wank - nothing in the universe can be indestructible.

Yeah, right :roll:
Any sensible person would have saved the planet anyway - i would gladly be declared an enemy of the people and be imprisoned for eternity if i could save billions of people.
So your "hero" was actually either a coward or inredibly selfish.

Your story is made almost entirely out of holes that are covered with wank and held together by stupidity.
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Youngla0450 wrote:2. Chris-El took twenty years to build a crystal with such awesome powers, and he made sure it had no weaknesses. So he built in heavy defense systems and looked over all the points of the crystal.
Does not make the crystal invulnerable. First, invulnerability requires the crystal be immune to every possible way it may be destroyed, but Chris-El cannot think of all of them in a finite time, much less build defenses against them all. Secondly, time reversibility of the universe means that every object that may be created may also be destroyed, in particular by the inverse operation that created it. If the crystal was created by assembling it atom by atom, it can be destroyed by pulling it apart atom by atom. Third, thematic considerations require objects claiming invulnerability to be destroyed at some point in the story. If you don't want an object destroyed... well, just don't write it being destroyed!
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Youngla0450
Youngling

Post by Youngla0450 »

What is wrong with you guys! You use the "f**k" word all the time to present your arguments.
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Youngla0450 wrote:What is wrong with you guys! You use the "f**k" word all the time to present your arguments.
Because the rules on this site say people can curse as much as they want provided they don't use bigoted slurs? Because adding the word "fuck," or any other swear word for that matter, doesn't make a valid argument any less valid?

"Every fucking action results in a goddamned equal but opposite reaction, moron!" is still as true as "I believe, good sir, that every action results in an equal but opposite reaction."

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
Youngla0450
Youngling

Post by Youngla0450 »

Ilya Muromets wrote:
Youngla0450 wrote:What is wrong with you guys! You use the "f**k" word all the time to present your arguments.
Because the rules on this site say people can curse as much as they want provided they don't use bigoted slurs? Because adding the word "fuck," or any other swear word for that matter, doesn't make a valid argument any less valid?

"Every fucking action results in a goddamned equal but opposite reaction, moron!" is still as true as "I believe, good sir, that every action results in an equal but opposite reaction."
But the second quote you made is more appropriate then the first one.
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

"Appropriate" is subjective.

These threads are about debate not manners. What matters here is the validity of the point of whatever you post, not its "appropriateness." My point still stands.

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
The Vortex Empire
Jedi Council Member

There is no way this fucker is older than 12. I would consider the stupidity of his wankfest of a story to be far more offensive than profanity ever could be.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

The Vortex Empire wrote:There is no way this fucker is older than 12. I would consider the stupidity of his wankfest of a story to be far more offensive than profanity ever could be.
Some people just think that spreading stupidity is not offensive.
Most of these people tend to be stupid.

Youngla0450
Youngling

Wanking Story

Post by Youngla0450 »

My story might be a wank in your eyes, and it might feel in such a manner. I do admit that I use the ideas of established scripts and storylines to influence my ideas, but I add my own details and I make extensive modifications to existing details of other franchises to make my point. I do use basic frames from other lines, but again I modify and add to it.