Vidiians replace the Vong in the Star Wars Galaxy.

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Rossum
Padawan Learner

Vidiians replace the Vong in the Star Wars Galaxy.

Post by Rossum »

Okay, suppose a number of ROBs (Random Omnipotent Beings) are out having coffee when suddenly one checks his cell phone and learns the the Vidiians are attacking some of their religious worshipers in the Delta Quadrant and are harvesting their organs. Filled with divine fury, this ROB swears to utterly erase the Vidiian from existence. The other ROBs say that no good comes from doing stuff like that and they all decide on a compromise.

The first ROB instead removes every single Viddian individual, space ship, and building from the Star Trek galaxy and places them near the outskirts of the Star Wars Galaxy. Another ROB meanwhile removes the Yuuzhan Vong from the Star Wars universe just before they were about to land inside the galaxy (nobody asks where he sends the Vong... he just promises not to put them near the first ROBs worshipers).

The Vidiians find themselves suddenly transported to a completely different galaxy, they are stuck on some out of the way planets with few resources (just barely enough to avoid starvation) and no other sapient races within easy access. They have no idea what happened or how they got there (though about one in a million of them were just force-sensitive enough to feel a powerful and angry force moving them during the event). Many force sensitive individuals in the Star Wars galaxy feel "a disturbance in the force, as if countless billions were forcibly picked up and dumped somewhere else" and track down its location to the Vidiian refugees.

Nobody can detect any way to send the Vidiians back to their home galaxy or even figure out who or what moved them. Lets say that there are a hundred billion Vidiians (about two to five billion to a planet across fifty planets that nobody else wants). They have enough infrastructure to keep their population fed (barely) and ships working (barely) but they still need replacement organs to survive. They can effectively resort to cannibalism to keep their species alive (I'd say harvesting all the organs from one Vidiian can keep about nine Viddians alive for a year. Their birthrate can keep things stabilized but it really really sucks.) and they would much prefer to avoid that.

Their medical and transporter technology is very advanced but I don't think they have anything else that could stand up to Star Wars tech. A "victory" for the Vidiians would primarily consist of not dying from the Phage that is killing them, finding an alternative to cannibalizing each other for organs, and not getting exterminated by the other powers in the Star Wars galaxy (though if this is taking place during the time of the New Republic then they might not have to worry about extermination).

Alternatively, how would the Galactic Empire respond if the Vidiians were suddenly dumped into the Star Wars galaxy?
Fry: No! They did it! They blew it up! And then the apes blew up their society too. How could this happen? And then the birds took over and ruined their society. And then the cows. And then... I don't know, is that a slug, maybe? Noooo!

Futurama: The Late Philip J. Fry
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Reg:Vidiians replace the Vong in the Star Wars Galaxy.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

In the Empire's case, one or more of three things are likely:

1. The Empire ignores them.

2. The Vidiians make themselves a problem in some way and get killed or enslaved.

3. The Empire tries to turn the Phage into a bioweapon.
Eframepilot
Jedi Master

Re: Vidiians replace the Vong in the Star Wars Galaxy.

Post by Eframepilot »

Can the magic cure-all brain bug that is bacta cure the Phage? If not, the Empire will exterminate them. Though the Empire may exterminate them anyway, after grabbing their better-than-the-Federation transporter tech, of course.
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

The Viidians are defeated quickly. They simply can not match the size, number, firepower or durability of Star Wars Spacecraft of said era.

If they are conquered by some faction with enough benevolence not to exterminate them after they have been beaten back (which the Empire would not be), Spaarti Cylinders could supply their need for replacement organs.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Zor wrote:The Viidians are defeated quickly. They simply can not match the size, number, firepower or durability of Star Wars Spacecraft of said era.

If they are conquered by some faction with enough benevolence not to exterminate them after they have been beaten back (which the Empire would not be), Spaarti Cylinders could supply their need for replacement organs.

Zor
You appear to be assuming they'd attack in the first place. But would they be that suicidal? Its one thing to attack Voyager for organs. Its another to attack a Star Destroyer.
Temujin
Jedi Master

Post by Temujin »

If they stupidly did try their organ harvesting act, they would be quickly bitch slapped by whatever local law enforcement exists. The technological gulf is that great.
Mr. Harley: Your impatience is quite understandable.
Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry... I wish it were otherwise.

"I do know that for the sympathy of one living being, I would make peace with all. I have love in me the likes of which you can scarcely imagine and rage the likes of which you would not believe.
If I cannot satisfy the one, I will indulge the other." – Frankenstein's Creature on the glacier[/size]