SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Kurgan
Sith Marauder

One area where Star Trek won

Post by Kurgan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8O8YbnworA

Also, congratulations, canucks!
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: One area where Star Trek won

Post by Batman »

That was actually not inconsiderably funny :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Old Plympto
Jedi Master

Post by Old Plympto »

I was thinking... not another fan movie where they just have to have a opening crawl. Then I loled.

The Wilhelm also made me chuckle.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

Yep, Trek is good at blasting big words :P
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

We finally got to learn what happened to those after the camera panned away.
unsigned
takemeout_totheblack
Padawan Learner
Location: Knowing where you are is no fun! Back to adventure!

Post by takemeout_totheblack »

Hyperspacial text scrolls: the biggest threat to young civilizations the universe over, stop the madness!!

Good vid, the visuals a pretty good considering it was just a little 3 week project put together by a couple of friends. My hat goes off to you, thanks for the chuckle!
There should be an official metric in regard to stupidity, so we can insult the imbeciles, morons, and RSAs out there the civilized way.
Any ideas for units of measure?

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali fought a 80-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire earth was destroyed.
~George Foreman, February 27th 3000 C.E.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Kinda reminds me of the opening of Robin Hood: Men in Tights when the village gets burned down at the start by the archers with flaming arrows.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Oskuro
Sith Devotee

Post by Oskuro »

Hmmm, it also means we now have evidence of the power of Star Wars fonts. So a Star Destroyer could BDZ a planet with a word processor! :roll:

I got a chuckle out the wilhelm too.
unsigned
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

So I guess this means Pablo Hidalgo was wrong, huh? ;)
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

When one guy looks at the sky and asks, "what is that?", I was expecting his mate to say, "That, is the constellation Leo" :lol:
Night_stalker
Retarded Spambot

Post by Night_stalker »

Hmm, I guess the pen is (puts on sunglasses) mightier than the sword.

YEAHHHHHH!
If Dr. Gatling was a nerd, then his most famous invention is the fucking Revenge of the Nerd, writ large...

"Lawful stupid is the paladin that charges into hell because he knows there's evil there."
—anonymous

"Although you may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, the Empire will always strike back."
CaptJodan
Jedi Council Member

Post by CaptJodan »

That wasn't bad at all.

Kids got it wrong though. If it takes an entire starship, with a main deflector dish shot just to destroy some words, imagine if an actual ship showed up...
It's Jodan, not Jordan. If you can't quote it right, I will mock you.
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

CaptJodan wrote:That wasn't bad at all.

Kids got it wrong though. If it takes an entire starship, with a main deflector dish shot just to destroy some words, imagine if an actual ship showed up...
Ah, but those words were clearly made of animate nothing, having come from a movie reel! Therefore, this proves that Trek weaponry is so powerful, that it can destroy nothing! :lol:
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Razor One
Youngling

Post by Razor One »

Had me grinning the entire time.

Funniest thing I saw since I watched This
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

~Tennyson