Borg with their time travel technology vs Star Wars

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Formless
Sith Marauder

Re: Borg with their time travel technology vs Star Wars

Post by Formless »

Actually, being one of the first people to address his arguments after he signed up here, its the other way around-- he claimed the time ship was immune to weapons to counter our arguments that the Empire would take the initiative and turn it into an expanding cloud of dust and gas. I don't think he would have brought up something like the Krenim time weapon unless he wanted to use it for its time-travel like abilities.

But you are right about not feeding trolls like him. I've had my fill of mockery already. :)
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

People are 'feeding the troll' of their own free will. As everybody involved seems to realize that actually DEBATING this for lack of a better term person is not an option yet seem to deem it worth their while to RESPOND to him/her/it regardless I fail to see what harm is done by people doing so. If Serafina and others want to spend their time dissecting the sorry excuses for points Moron8742 makes despite him/her/it never actually acknowledging HAVING been proved wrong nor providing anything that actually QUALIFIES as evidence for his baseless assumptions, so Valendamned what? It's their time to do with as they please. TPTB will no doubt shut down that Something8472 person if and when they feel that is warranted. Until then, why NOT let people have their fun with him/her/it if they feel like wasting their time on it?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

As much as it shames me to admit it... I have to agree with Batman.
I mean how often do we see a trektard on this board anymore. Without our "opponents" this board loses much of its original purpose
that of the st vs sw debate. Yes it would be wonderful if we had some "intelegent" opponents but we have to work with what we have got otherwise soon were going to have nothing to debate and our only other recourse would be to invade a trektard board and "debate" there.
You will see the tears of time.
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

Dude - this ain't the fucking Senate. If you want to waste your time with Squeezy McMarshmallow Pants, that's on you. But let's not turn a glib comment about feeding trolls into a fucking debate over board etiquette and rules.
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

I found the "tilotny throws a shape" story in the Star Wars Devilwars 2 comic book.

here's how wiki describes the story
At another time during the Galactic Civil War, Princess Leia Organa, fleeing from the Empire, crashed on an unknown planet. There, she discovered what seemed to be the remains of stormtroopers who had been dead for many thousands of years.[8]

Before she could investigate further, however, she was chased by three stormtroopers and discovered a group of "spirits"—Tilotny, Horliss-Horliss, Splendid Ap, and Cold Danda Sine—who had immense powers, capable of shaping space and time. While the spirits were in the middle of a conversation, they noticed Leia and the stormtroopers who had been chasing her. The spirits decided to "play" with the four Humans, and managed to kill all of them in the process.[8]

Once they were finished, though, Splendid Ap was tasked with returning the four beings to normal. Ap resurrected the three stormtroopers, but not having a concept of time, also transported them back 8,000 years in the past; these were the stormtroopers whose remains Leia had encountered when she crashed. Leia, however, escaped the stormtroopers' fate and was restored just as she had been previously in the correct time
I would offer to let you read the comic but I don't know if it's against the rules to do that or not :D
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

SapphireFox wrote:As much as it shames me to admit it... I have to agree with Batman.
I mean how often do we see a trektard on this board anymore. Without our "opponents" this board loses much of its original purpose
that of the st vs sw debate. Yes it would be wonderful if we had some "intelegent" opponents but we have to work with what we have got otherwise soon were going to have nothing to debate and our only other recourse would be to invade a trektard board and "debate" there.
And of course, it was debates on said Trektard board that started this latest thing.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

EnterpriseSovereign wrote:
SapphireFox wrote:As much as it shames me to admit it... I have to agree with Batman.
And of course, it was debates on said Trektard board that started this latest thing.
What I find funny is generitrektard#8472's militant attitude about "I must win this debate and anyone against me must be a warsie wanker!" when there are guys like you whose very screen name advertise that you are a trek fan-- but you still understand how much Wars outguns the federation. Its like the ultimate form of vendettopathy.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

Formless wrote:
What I find funny is generitrektard#8472's militant attitude about "I must win this debate and anyone against me must be a warsie wanker!" when there are guys like you whose very screen name advertise that you are a trek fan-- but you still understand how much Wars outguns the federation. Its like the ultimate form of vendettopathy.
Yeah- do I want Trek to Win? Sure. Do I think it stands any chance? No way in hell. What's also funny is that when I got into this almost 4 years ago I used to be a Trektard, but when I saw the mountain of evidence in SW's favour I saw the light :lol:
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

The light of 200 GT explosions, no doubt! ;)
SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

Formless wrote:
EnterpriseSovereign wrote: And of course, it was debates on said Trektard board that started this latest thing.
Yeah- do I want Trek to Win? Sure. Do I think it stands any chance? No way in hell. What's also funny is that when I got into this almost 4 years ago I used to be a Trektard, but when I saw the mountain of evidence in SW's favour I saw the light :lol:
So then do you think this guy can be saved or is he doomed to be fired :kill:

Perhaps I am being to hopeful in wishing to debate some intelligence into him....probably....*sigh* :roll:
You will see the tears of time.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Yet more time travel bullshit spam.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/